LeBrun: Leafs and Kings have discussed Marleau trade

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I dont know if anyone posted up Bob Mackenzie's take from Overdrive, he said something along the lines of LA would be looking to send back someone with a lower cap hit, but with more term.

dion-phaneuf-2019-40.jpg

Reactions: go4hockey

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It might still be better for the wife to be close to home with family?

I don’t know right or wrong. All I know is that about 2 weeks Ago. Shark fans who claim to know the wife were saying that the marleau want to go to LA.

2 weeks later. The kings and leafs are talking about a trade......

But marleau has no idea?
If the Kings trade for Marleau, they might as well hand Dubas GM of the year for 2019/20.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I also realize Detroit moved Datsyuk for pretty much nothing.
You're comparing apples and battleships. Datsyuk was never going to play or get paid by the team he was traded to and was used to get to the cap floor.
Marleau gets to pick his next destination and with a few milestones on the near horizon isn't hanging them up.
Find me something relevant.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
And again you are not on point. Datsyuk never got any money and was used by a cap floor team. You don't have a point.

That’s not what happened exactly.

It was a 2 and 3 for turbo and bickell.

When turbo had like 14 goals and 30 pts.

It’s more like marleau and brown for 2 and 3

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Well according to Kypreos in the 2nd intermission we can add Arizona and Colorado to the mix for Marleau

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Could see Arizona taking Marleau if he came with Kapanen. Then retaining and flipping him to SJ.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
And why the heck would any team bail out the Leafs by taking Marleau . I will be very choked if it happens .
Would be like when Montreal took Gomez form the Rangers and saved them from cap hell. Made no sense and was a get out of jail free card for NYR.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Actually Datsyuk situation is completely different scenario / situation / and should never be remotely close to being used as a comparable situation here.
Again...i am not saying the Leafs movd Marleau for free. But they can turn this into cap savings and get a piece they need while helping another team.

To Colorado
Marleau+Kadr

To Toronto
Erik Johnson

Leafs gain 4.75 in cap...Afs get a 2C they need while having the cap to take Marleau.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
And why the heck would any team bail out the Leafs by taking Marleau . I will be very choked if it happens .
Would be like when Montreal took Gomez form the Rangers and saved them from cap hell. Made no sense and was a get out of jail free card for NYR.

Marleau is an actual player. He will be getting 1.25-2.75 next year. He just isn’t a 6.25 player or a star like Babcock thinks

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00