Proposal: Leafs and Islanders Wish

Would you make this trade if you were Dubas

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Bailey's contract will an albatross in about 2 years.

Nelson sucks. I would never ever want him on the leafs.

Pulock is extremely overrated because of shot and handedness. No thanks.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I agree, I never said you cant have two number one centers on a team..

Yeah, but you did say that the Islanders didn't have a number one centre, which isn't remotely true, and then you suggested trading them a winger to address the imaginary hole in their lineup you fabricated.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Makes the Leafs weaker this year with all those regulars traded. Makes the Leafs weaker in the Nylander because long term Nylander is better than Bailey.
Another trade where is there is just this fascination with the "right handiness" of a Dman. Yep shooting right makes him a an real effective Dman.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

toronto_maple_leafs.svg

PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $67,293,279

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $12,206,721

and that says nothing about the nearly 4 Million in bonuses that will be owed from this year to Matthews and Marner

needing at least 30M to sign Matthews, Marner, and Nylander

just to keep it real

GMs are fully aware too, especially the one in Arizona

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
No. Nylander is not being traded. Nothing excited me from this package except pulock and I def would not trade william for him 1 for 1. We just don't make good trading partners.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
No. Nylander is not being traded. Nothing excited me from this package except pulock and I def would not trade william for him 1 for 1. We just don't make good trading partners.
thats great because I wouldnt trade pulock for nylander at Nylanders $$$$ ask either, he's like Trouba, very good player, but always a tough sign

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I am proposing a Number 1 Centre in Nylander to a team that doesn't have one. Lou was a fan of William and has lots of cap space. I say they get it done for 7m. Not a bad price for a potential Franchise Number One. I also think Brown and Leivo would have a chance to have better opportunity on the Island considering Brown is better than their bottom 6. Way more ice time. Maybe I'm delusional? Lol all in good fun.

Im nts if I’d consider him a #1 C on majority of the teams tbh.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
thats great because I wouldnt trade pulock for nylander at Nylanders $$$$ ask either, he's like Trouba, very good player, but always a tough sign
So we are in agreement? We don't want your guy (who admittedly is good as well) and you don't want ours. Seems like a nice and simple enough conversation to me.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Lock it up

Edit:

Isles fans: Leaf players are crap because....

Leafs fans: Isles players are crap because...

Is there a way to ban Leafs/Isles proposals? It never goes well.

Last edited:
Reactions: PWJunior

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
most of the leaf fans in this thread know nothing about hockey.

teams know it will cost upward of 22M new dollars to sign Matthews and Marner, so they likely cant realistically give Nylander the deal he wants

Kessel and Horton are still on the payroll, and so is Marleau for another year, and Jake Gardiner is a pending free agent so to sign all of Matthews, Marner Nylander and Gardiner thats 30M conservatively. add to that the 6.5M that is still owed Kessel and Horton ( theres no LTIR in the summer guys) its obvious these particular leaf fans fail Math.

nobody is taking Horton or Marleau off your hands for free. and no one is gonna give you much for Nylander, knowing you cant sign him to the deal he wants, so where are you getting the money clowns

Marner and Matthews arent signing no bridge deals, nor should they

intelligent leaf fans know all this and they understand that what cap room they do have is earmarked to try and keep Matthews and Marner, at this point they are desparate to find a deal for Nylander they can live with, lest Matthews or Marner get offersheeted.

if im Arizona Im licking my chops waiting to do just that

leaf fans will deny, deny, deny of course. but anyone who can add sees the truth

imagine if all 3 of Nylander Matthews and Marner get offersheets?

then its Bye Gardiner, somebody please take Marleau and Horton,and at least one of
Matthews or Marner or Marner go unmatched, possibly 2 of them

but of course theyll deny, deny, deny

You do the know that the player has to sign the offersheet right? Why would Matthews or Marner sign with one of the worst team in the league? Marner is a local GTA kid its very likely he'll sign reasonable contract to stay in Toronto. As for the Matthews the Leafs will match any offer.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bailey's contract will an albatross in about 2 years.

Nelson sucks. I would never ever want him on the leafs.

Pulock is extremely overrated because of shot and handedness. No thanks.
Bailey makes $5m per season.
Even if his production slips from 70 pts a season down to 55+ pts ,he will still be well worth his contract.

I would rather have Bailey at $5m in the top 6, then Nylander at $8m.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I see a 1-2 punch at Centre or Barzal move to his wing
The 2019 draft is deep in quality centers.
Isles have Barzal developing as their #1C and can add another high end center in June.
So no need to move Pulock to help Toronto address their blueline issue or get out of a cap headache in Nylander.

Reactions: PWJunior

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You do the know that the player has to sign the offersheet right? Why would Matthews or Marner sign with one of the worst team in the league? Marner is a local GTA kid its very likely he'll sign reasonable contract to stay in Toronto. As for the Matthews the Leafs will match any offer.

why would Marner or Matthews take any less than the can get, and as for Matthews he's a local Scottsdale Arizona kid, Who could go Home and Join OEL and Clayton Keller and be on a team every bit as good as the Leafs would be once Matthews Leaves and be a hero to friends and family, and as things stand now No you cant match any offer, you still have to pay that 4 million in bonuses and sign Marner Nylander and Gardner,

so until you learn simple math dont write checks you cant afford.you do understand that Arizona has panik and Boland coming off the cap (thats 8M+ in deadspace) and could offer Matthews 16M, which you couldnt presently match dont you?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Winter Soldier

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
NYI need top-6 F but not at all at the expense of their young D. This ought to be obvious to the most sophisticated hockey fans in North America.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Bailey makes $5m per season.
Even if his production slips from 70 pts a season down to 55+ pts ,he will still be well worth his contract.

I would rather have Bailey at $5m in the top 6, then Nylander at $8m.

Then you're pretty clueless about what William Nylander is.

You're also being disingenuous when talking about Bailey's production. 70 is a career high that he had as a 29 year old. He averaged 39 points/82 games before last season. I wouldn't touch that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad