Proposal: Leafs and Islanders Wish

Would you make this trade if you were Dubas

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
I havn't posted in a while but felt as though I would like to get opinions about a trade (Only I, I believe) would love to see.

Toronto:

Brock Nelson
Josh Bailey
Ryan Pullock

Islanders:

William Nylander
Connor Brown
Ron Hainsey
Josh Leivo
Fredrick Gauthier

I would keep-

Marleau - Mathews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner

I would give Kadri some wingers-

Nelson - Kadri - Bailey

Third unit would be successful

I would have a fourth line of-

Johnsson - Lindhom - Ennis

Pullock would play with Reilly as our much needed right handed shots.

Fixes alot of holes and gives us a 1-2-3 punch with better options to play with Marleau on the 2nd PP.

Thoughts....? Far fetched?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Zero interest in paying Nylander $8m per.
Even less interest in exchanging 24 yr old Pulock for the aging Hainsey + spare parts.

Reactions: 12Dog and PWJunior

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Also, you won't be able to afford those players. Pulock needs a new contract and Nelson will be UFA probably looking for at least 4 million...Pulock - I don't think he'll sign for anything less than 3.5-4 mill..so you're looking at adding about 12 extra million give or take.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You can keep Hainsey, Leivo and everything else besides the first and Nylander. The Isles will keep Pulock. Now that that’s figured out, let’s make something that Lou would actually accept, not more leftovers on bad contracts (there’s enough as it is).

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
Zero interest in paying Nylander $8m per.
Even less interest in exchanging 24 yr old Pulock for the aging Hainsey + spare parts.
I am proposing a Number 1 Centre in Nylander to a team that doesn't have one. Lou was a fan of William and has lots of cap space. I say they get it done for 7m. Not a bad price for a potential Franchise Number One. I also think Brown and Leivo would have a chance to have better opportunity on the Island considering Brown is better than their bottom 6. Way more ice time. Maybe I'm delusional? Lol all in good fun.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Isles have no need for bottom 6..we have way too many.....WAY too many...Nylander is NOT a franchise centre. He's prbably on the same level as RNH and RNH is smarter.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I am proposing a Number 1 Centre in Nylander to a team that doesn't have one. Lou was a fan of William and has lots of cap space. I say they get it done for 7m. Not a bad price for a potential Franchise Number One. I also think Brown and Leivo would have a chance to have better opportunity on the Island considering Brown is better than their bottom 6. Way more ice time. Maybe I'm delusional? Lol all in good fun.

Ignorant as f***. Your proposal is bad

Reactions: PWJunior

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
Isles have no need for bottom 6..we have way too many.....WAY too many...Nylander is NOT a franchise centre. He's prbably on the same level as RNH and RNH is smarter.
Nylander posted 122 points in first 2 seasons with leafs as a winger and has upside. RNH is not even a player you can compare that too, poor performances year after year and already missed out on the upside with analytics remaining stagnant.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Not a Leafs or Islanders fan, but in my opinion the Islanders wouldn’t be interested in Hainsey, Leivo or Gauthier.

Simplify it as Pullock and Nelson for Nylander and Liljegren with maybe picks exchanged to balance value.

Reactions: PROMputt

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Last I checked, Barzal finished with way more points than Nylander and is a center... and I'm a Ranger fan, just so you know.

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
Ignorant as ****. Your proposal is bad
Great for the leafs and bad for the Islanders? Is that what you are saying? What makes me ignorant, I thought up the trade not even convinced it would work and asked for opinions. Thanks for your constructive two cents, appreciated!

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Great for the leafs and bad for the Islanders? Is that what you are saying? What makes me ignorant, I thought up the trade not even convinced it would work and asked for opinions. Thanks for your constructive two cents, appreciated!

Saying Nylander is a 1C. Barzal isnt. It’s one piece and then garbage for 3 good players. Overall just ignorant of the Islanders. Classic homer propsoal

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
Saying Nylander is a 1C. Barzal isnt. It’s one piece and then garbage for 3 good players. Overall just ignorant of the Islanders. Classic homer propsoal
I never said anything about Barzal...you can hVe 2 number 1 centers on a team...I think Barzal and Nylander 1 - 2 punch would be exciting for New York to build around..

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
Not a Leafs or Islanders fan, but in my opinion the Islanders wouldn’t be interested in Hainsey, Leivo or Gauthier.

Simplify it as Pullock and Nelson for Nylander and Liljegren with maybe picks exchanged to balance value.
This is not a bad trade, can we add a 1st round for Bailey? I'll dump Gauthier on waivers...

nappyroot

Jun 24, 2007
You said they don’t have a 1C. That is sayign something about him. Bad proposal is bad. Just move on.
My bad...Haha I retract the statement. I was typing too fast. Been a while since I've posted. Would you do Nylander, Liljegren and a 1st for Nelson, bailey and Polluck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->