LeBrun: Leafs AGM scouted Rangers - Hurricanes

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Stand pat, lose in the first round and fire Babcock. No point getting any assets when the guy behind the bench won't play them.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
settle down cane fan the season isn't over yet and yes with all this talent, and the canes with all those all star defenceman as your fans put it how come they are not higher in the standings..
That is interesting since it isn't Canes fans over hyping our players. Yes, we think Pesce is a very good defender on a great contract. We aren't claiming "elite" talent. We aren't pushing unproven players for proven vets who are objectively better players.
Give it a rest.

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
Nazem Kadri is just about 30, and you're arguing the Rangers - a rebuilding team stockpiling assets - should trade a younger Chris Kreider for him and a mid round pick?

Yeah, hard pass.
Again, I was arguing nothing of the sort. Check context and get back to me.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Marc Savard said on Friday (1050am) that the Leafs were looking into a forward and a D from the same team.
What would you prefer cost aside:

Pescue/Ferland or McQuaid/Krieder

I’d be absolutely floored if CAR is considering any offer for Pesce right now. I think you can effectively cross him off your wishlist.

Maybe they’re looking at TVR plus Ferland or Hamilton plus Ferland. With the way Faulk and Peace have been playing and the team in playoff position this late in the season, I highly doubt they move any D prior to the draft other than TVR or Hamilton.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I'd take the first set.
Sure, Kreider>>Ferland but the difference between McQuaid and Pesce is almost immeasurable.

True... guess it might be more of a Hamilton/Ferland as well.

Carolina was expected to be a non-playoff seller so it's hard to tell what they will do. Same with the Blues who were a tire fire a couple of months ago.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Reasons why people may not like Pesce:

• They have not heard of him
  • They have heard of him, but haven't seen him play
  • He's not a ppg guy, so he must be trash
  • His last name reminds people of one of the wet/sticky bandits. Who wants someone that is short, round and clumsy?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I’d be absolutely floored if CAR is considering any offer for Pesce right now. I think you can effectively cross him off your wishlist.

Maybe they’re looking at TVR plus Ferland or Hamilton plus Ferland. With the way Faulk and Peace have been playing and the team in playoff position this late in the season, I highly doubt they move any D prior to the draft other than TVR or Hamilton.

The team has given up just 30 goals in the 15 games since Brind'Amour rearranged the defense.

Nothing is going to happen over the next 27 hours or so with the blueline, Hamilton and TvR included.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
no chance on TVR?

I think the problem with moving TVR right now, is that the return won't be good enough to probably justify the move. What is he going to get in return, a 2nd round pick maybe? The Canes already have two 2nd round picks and probably would rather keep the stability they have right now as they push for the playoffs vs. gaining another pick.

It's not that TVR is that great or irreplaceable, just not seeing a lot of sense to it right now. Off-season is when I'd expect maybe TVR + one other RHD gets moved (not in the same deal).

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
no chance on TVR?

Pesce - Faulk has been beastly. That pairing should be maintained. Trade TvR and either de Haan and/or Fleury will have to play their off-side or the team will have to rely on a very inexperienced McKeown to eat minutes in the midst of a legit playoff race.

I don't see it anymore. The Canes have the prospect and draft pick depth to add up front without subtracting, if they choose to do so.

Reactions: justafan22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad