LeBrun: Leafs AGM scouted Rangers - Hurricanes

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That is the 3rd-4th time that Gilman has been seen scouting Carolina. NYR would be a new wrinkle.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Lmao. These insiders are desperate.

They are running out of things to report to make them relevant.

Can't wait for the 9 hr trade deadline show where they talk about a grinder being traded for half the day

Its literally their job to report things like this

I mean, if you dont like it, you can just go to a trade proposal thread with no basis in reality.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I don’t know if Kreider is really even available. It’s possible, but Gorton might want to hold onto him. If he is available, I doubt Gorton deals him unless it’s for an overpayment.

Yeah, not sure he's available. Pretty sure I heard somewhere we were interested, and he does fit the 'muzzin mould' of players both analytics guys and old school guys like.

Any idea what the Rangers would be asking?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
That is the 3rd-4th time that Gilman has been seen scouting Carolina. NYR would be a new wrinkle.
The fact that its Gilman for the third time is worth noting.

If there's one winger I could see Dubas having interest in, its Kreider, but definitely not these rental types like Simmonds, Ferland, etc. as he's explicitly stated he won't be pursuing rentals. Kreider does have a modified no-trade clause, though.

More likely than anything its a continuation of the Toronto-Carolina saga that will be settled in an off-season deal.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I really don't see how Kreider to Toronto would work. I assume the Leafs would need to dump a salary and there's no way I can see the Rangers taking Zaitsev back without a monster sweetener. Like a really good prospect a la the Teravainen/Bickell situation. Then you need to give up what McKenzie referred to as a "building block player" on top of that? Seems like the Leafs would balk at that price.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really don't see how Kreider to Toronto would work. I assume the Leafs would need to dump a salary and there's no way I can see the Rangers taking Zaitsev back without a monster sweetener. Like a really good prospect a la the Teravainen/Bickell situation. Then you need to give up what McKenzie referred to as a "building block player" on top of that? Seems like the Leafs would balk at that price.

You're on the right path.

For this season, TOR can add a lot of cap, even when you factor in the 9M Leafs want to leave on the table for Horton not to be on LTIR, and to have no bonus overage. They are still left with the equivalent of 8M today, and 11M come actual deadline day, to spend on additions.

The actual issue is next season, however, that is the off-seasons issue, quite frankly.

I think no matter the return, Brown goes back, simply because hes a young roster player who can be in the Rangers top 9, especially if Krieder, maybe Zucc, maybe Hayes, get dealt. I think if it was a McQuaid + Krieder type thing, Hainsey, not Zaitsev, would be the one dealt to off-set some of the cap space, simply because he expires at the end of the year, and can simply slide into McQuaid's spot on the Rangers. However that's simply my speculation.

If it's JUST Kreider, I think you're looking at the standard, Roster Player, Prospect, Draft Pick. If it's Krieder + McQuaid, I see it as Roster Forward, Roster D-man, Prospect, Draft Pick, Lesser Prospect/Draft Pick

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yeah, not sure he's available. Pretty sure I heard somewhere we were interested, and he does fit the 'muzzin mould' of players both analytics guys and old school guys like.

Any idea what the Rangers would be asking?

Could be one of two things, I’d think...

1st rounder, ok to good prospect and a young roster player (not established, but has potential)

Or

1st rounder and a very good prospect, maybe a small add after.

Then again, this is just me guessing. I honestly don’t know because he has term, but the sense I get is that they want to keep him and they love the chemistry the top line has going. They’ve been consistently dominating play for a while now and a big part of that is Kreider’s speed, ability to protect the puck down low and get in front of the net and cause havoc.

I don’t know if that line works nearly as well without Kreider and I have a feeling that management might know this, especially with Zibanejad being at about a point per game pace.

Reactions: Morgs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad