Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Muzzin for Grundstrom, Durzi and a 2019 first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Canucks fan in peace. To those saying "trade Gardiner at the deadline for picks and prospects to restock the minors" or "I don't like giving up those futures"... what are you thinking? The point of accumulating assets for the future is to someday be in a position to go for it.... otherwise what's the point? What's the goal in building a team?

The day for the Leafs to go for it has arrived. Look at the lineup. Tavares (!). Marner/Matthews giving superstar production on ELCs. Kadri/Nylander/Kapenen. Some useful bangers like Hyman and Brown. I mean, what on earth are you waiting for? If not now, when? My impression of the Leafs for the last few years is that of a team that could score and skate, but were a little bit fragile defensively against a heavy forward team (cough, Boston). Sounds like that's been shored up. Enjoy the ride!

All good, except the Leafs bangers don’t bang. They need to start ASAP.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah don’t get me wrong, I woke up thinking about how much more comfortable I am with this group going into the playoffs, as we are suddenly much more well rounded.

I just wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in an experienced 5/6 D who can handle some heavy playoff hockey. Thinking about another series against Boston makes me want to have another guy back there who can manhandle opposing forwards.

Would love Gudas if the price is fair.

The only problem I see is having Zaitsev there with his contract, I think that hinders our flexibility in adding another D.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Would love Gudas if the price is fair.

The only problem I see is having Zaitsev there with his contract, I think that hinders our flexibility in adding another D.

Gudas would be a nice fit.

It’s a shame we are looking at Zaitsev the way we do now. Hopefully we see a bit of a resurgence. Having two defensive liabilities worries me

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Dubas referred to having Muzzin for "at least" the next one and a half seasons. Gotta think it's a priority of theirs to get him re-signed.

Reactions: HellasLEAF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad