Prospect Info: Leafs 5th. pick at #142 - Fabrice Herzog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kinda ot but does any1 know if/when granberg is suppost to come over here?

I believe he should be coming over this year, as he was into the last year of his contract in Sweden. I could be wrong though.

A definite dark horse to make the team.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Fabrice Herzog @FHerzog61

Proud to be a player of the Quebec Remparts!!

2:28 PM - 3 Jul 2013

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He also updated his Twitter profile:

Fabrice Herzog
@FHerzog61
Official Twitter Account of Fabrice Herzog #61 , Drafted to the Leafs, playing junior Hockey for Quebec.

snizzbone*

Fabrice Herzog @FHerzog61

Proud to be a player of the Quebec Remparts!!

2:28 PM - 3 Jul 2013

Don't know if this is a real account. It was created right after he was drafted. Assuming its a fake until someone legit confirms.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Look forward to hopefully getting some updates from you as you were good enough to do with Stefanovich

Of course I will.

To be honest, I'm not really happy about the pick. I would have preferred a 1995 or 1996 center. However, if he can score 30-40 goals, he will help a lot. We never know, he might come back as an overager in 2014-15. Quebec wants to host the Memorial Cup in 2015.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Don't know if this is a real account. It was created right after he was drafted. Assuming its a fake until someone legit confirms.

Could be fake, or he could have just started an English twitter account after he was drafted. And now he'll have to start a French one I suppose.

Either way, I've heard from several Swiss posters who pretty much assumed he would be playing in the CHL, even before Quebec took him.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
From a Swiss poster.

Plays the wing and has a decent shot and is a solid skater. Obviously Fabrice Herzog has good size for a forward. Can be described as an offensive forward with decent finishing qualities. Is not afraid to lay out his body to make a hit or battle hard along the boards. Like almost all Swiss players, there's still plenty of room for him to bulk up, and he sure has to, to handle the tougher NA-Game...

To be honest with you, I didn't have him even close as a draftable player and the Maple Leafs-scouts sure must have seen something in him that I didn't see... He also wasn't close to the under-20 Swiss Nationalteam, but played all games for the under-19...

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
From a Swiss poster.

I don't really agree.

He lit up the swiss junior leagues, was among the top 5 players in the league IMO and only played a couple games with the mens team (EV Zug NLA) because the team is stacked with big names and already has 3-4 young players that play on a regular basis and that are quite a bit older than Herzog (thinking of Martschini, Schneuwly, Lammer). These guys are 2-3 years older than Herzog. Herzog played great with the little ice time he got.

I know he's not well known but I've been "hearing" about him for a couple years now.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
I don't really agree.

He lit up the swiss junior leagues, was among the top 5 players in the league IMO and only played a couple games with the mens team (EV Zug NLA) because the team is stacked with big names and already has 3-4 young players that play on a regular basis and that are quite a bit older than Herzog (thinking of Martschini, Schneuwly, Lammer). These guys are 2-3 years older than Herzog. Herzog played great with the little ice time he got.

I know he's not well known but I've been "hearing" about him for a couple years now.

Thanks.

Care to describe his game and what's so intriguing about him that you've been hearing about him for a couple of years?

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Great news. Herzog gets his feet wet in North America nice and early and we get to keep tabs on him.

Leafs never learn, they ruined Olden by bringing him over with only one year of eligibility left and he bombed probably overwhelmed by culture shock and the way the game is played in North America. Bring them over at 17 and you probably will have an asset, 19 year old not likely to succeed, it's been proven many times over.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Leafs never learn, they ruined Olden by bringing him over with only one year of eligibility left and he bombed probably overwhelmed by culture shock and the way the game is played in North America. Bring them over at 17 and you probably will have an asset, 19 year old not likely to succeed, it's been proven many times over.

The Leafs have nothing to do with this. He isn't under contract and can do what he wants. That's without even getting into why your point is nonsense.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
The Leafs have nothing to do with this. He isn't under contract and can do what he wants. That's without even getting into why your point is nonsense.

Nonis and Morrison. said he was coming over here at the Draft.

crazyaces**

557px-Febreze_logo_2005.svg.png

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
He also updated his Twitter profile:

Fabrice Herzog
@FHerzog61
Official Twitter Account of Fabrice Herzog #61 , Drafted to the Leafs, playing junior Hockey for Quebec.

Excellent, embrace the north american game.... JOKES ON YOU, WE WATCHIN YO EVERY MOVE NOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad