Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 vs Flyers 5 - 1 point hurts

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Babcock totally sold me on Polak. LOL

Haven't seen a Leafs coach so masterful with the media. He is so graceful even in defeat and during these painful games. Can't wait to see him joking and laughing with the press when we start winning in the upcoming seasons.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I rank Kadri among the top 6 best players on the Leafs right now (Reimer, JVR, Reilly, Komarov, Gardiner, Kadri). His skating is above the average NHler. It's just hard for most people to notice when he is on a team like this. Put him on Chicago and he will look like an all star.

Last edited:

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Is he the best coach in hockey? No he is not? But dressing up a pig? And snuffing the media? No one close. No one.

He has snuffed the media in Toronto to barely a puff. And he is in last place? Guy is a master.

He has no use for anyone on this team, you can discern that. Except for perhaps Komarov. If they trade Komarov, look for him to come back.

This guy is amazing, love to watch him. He puffs and blows, but its all puff. He knows as well as I do, that we are miles and miles away from a real compete.

We need tons of talent. This guy along with Hunter, Dubas and Lammer are going to bring a winner, but we have almost nothing still in terms of NHL on ice talent. Long way to go.

And Kadri? Just an awful open ice skater. Junior B.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I rank Kadri among the top 6 best players on the Leafs right now (Reimer, JVR, Reilly, Komarov, Gardiner, Kadri). His skating is above the average NHler. It's just hard to see this on a team like this. Put him on Chicago and he will look like an all star.

He has some skills yes, but skating? Not one of them, and thus has no future in a Babcock world, or mine.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
[mod] there are too many people here that actually still watch games man, u cant fool us, we see...we see how kadri moves around the ice, his change of angles and direction on the ice is smooth and effortless, he dances out there, his east west and north movement is great, edging is great, his stop and go, and change of speed also great, this makes skaters shifty on their skates and be able to beat and get around guys on the ice with or without d puck, a talent that not many players have...look no further just look at this game, his 2 assist show hes great skating

kadri gets to almost anywhere he wants with the puck on his stick most the time becus of his amazing combination of stick handling and good skating

Last edited by a moderator:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Kadris assist to the Holland goal was amazing. It takes vision, skating and confidence in your technique to pull something like that off. Nice one after a cold period of 5 games.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Different types of skating, not all things are equal. There are players who are flat out fast from A to B. There are also guys who are shifty and agile. They may not win a race from one end of the rink to the other, but can win 15/20 feet races and can change directions on a dime. Grabner is fast, but how shifty is he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad