Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 vs Flyers 5 - 1 point hurts

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
One does not simply out tank the Oilers.

zk2xu.jpg

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Gotta hand it to the Leaf fanbase. All season long they've had to endure these "catastrophic" losses- not simple losses like 2-1, or 5-2, but losses that happen in the last minute (or even the last second- which happened a while ago) - it seems it's one after the other. A few nights ago vs. New York - same thing- in the last minute, just after tying it. These losses are frequently "dramatic" , yet seldom simple. Leafs gonna Leaf, I guess?

That's why the prospects were left with the Marlies. They do the opposite, they play like they can't lose & make the big comebacks. When the Leafs are ready for them they'll join us with the right mindset.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Oilers are so bad in their own end they make last season's Leafs look almost competent

They are so hot potato with the puck. They just whip it off their stick even though it's going to hit somebody. Like the pucks a grenade.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Babcock said that he thought the fans were too nice to the team after the first period, he wouldn't have been that nice

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Missing Komarov, Bozak, Lupul, JVR, Michalek, Leivo at forward.
Traded away Phaneuf with no immediate replacement, Hunwick injured.
Playing defensemen like Polak and Marincin way too much.
Bernier did not play well and got pulled.

And yet they still almost won that game.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Why boo them. They are just plugs. Can't hate them like last year's horrible group

That's exactly why. They said fans wouldn't handle the rebuild. Looks like they are. Patience. No booing. Just waiting.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
im scared, once bozak, jvr, leo, lupul, and leivo will probably stay, once they all back...dam we could be looking at finishing 3-5

all those loser 1 pointers have really cost us

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
im scared, once bozak, jvr, leo, lupul, and leivo will probably stay, once they all back...dam we could be looking at finishing 3-5

all those loser 1 pointers have really cost us

Unfortunately I think you are going to be proved right. Lots of home games left where teams might come into the ACC tired and play to get the 1 point and then beat us in OT

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We can handle it, as a buddy and I said today, we were born before 1960, this is our last f**** rebuild.

This is our first rebuild right after our Cup win. So that's pretty good. Some teams have had 5 or 6.
I just won't mention it's been waiting since 1967. Oops. I wasn't supposed to mention that. :)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We can handle it, as a buddy and I said today, we were born before 1960, this is our last f**** rebuild.

Well, we don't have many years left of seeing no talent teams in Toronto.

I think we can do 2 more rebuilds, and then it is up to the kids here to carry the torch.

I'd say the one thing we don't have is unwarranted appreciation for overrated depth players.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Unfortunately I think you are going to be proved right. Lots of home games left where teams might come into the ACC tired and play to get the 1 point and then beat us in OT

I have faith in Lou to come up with new injuries for these players. Don't worry.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Unfortunately I think you are going to be proved right. Lots of home games left where teams might come into the ACC tired and play to get the 1 point and then beat us in OT[/

Tired or not this post deadline team would not be able to beat or tie the Dennis Maruk era Cleveland Barons.

I think the post deadline team might be stronger unless Lou trades some of the injured guys before they come back

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I don't want to see Bernier in a Leafs game day sweater again. I hope he's gone by Monday. We are going through a culture change & Bernier rarely makes a big save & really looks like he doesn't give a ****. On the 2nd goal with the rebound he just looked to not even try to get it. I'm not confident in Reimer either, but at least he would have tried for it.

Bernier=Losing Culture

You could see the players have no confidence in him. I've had enough of him, but I really can't see who would want him. Maybe a team with their own sieve & we can play the "change of scenery" game. I'm good with that, I want him gone.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Only caught the end of the 3rd and OT. Nice to watch NHL history being made. Really hope that one of our later picks can turn out half as good as that ghost bear kid, he's got some real talent.

Guess I'll just crank up the tunes and finish this bottle of wine, dreaming of the day I can cheer for the buds to win again.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't want to see Bernier in a Leafs game day sweater again. I hope he's gone by Monday. We are going through a culture change & Bernier rarely makes a big save & really looks like he doesn't give a ****. On the 2nd goal with the rebound he just looked to not even try to get it. I'm not confident in Reimer either, but at least he would have tried for it.

Bernier=Losing Culture

You could see the players have no confidence in him. I've had enough of him, but I really can't see who would want him. Maybe a team with their own sieve & we can play the "change of scenery" game. I'm good with that, I want him gone.
Based on Bernier's play tonight and a lot of his other bad games this season, why would another team want to give up players, prospects or draft picks and trade for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad