Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 vs Flyers 5 - 1 point hurts

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Only caught the end of the 3rd and OT. Nice to watch NHL history being made. Really hope that one of our later picks can turn out half as good as that ghost bear kid, he's got some real talent.

Guess I'll just crank up the tunes and finish this bottle of wine, dreaming of the day I can cheer for the buds to win again.

Don't worry they are going to be up here soon.

The soft Swede with those beautiful soft hands. Watch him put the puck in the net here......Willyam Nylander.

My boy, good Canadian kid, Connar Brown. Beauty.

I love these kids. Very underrated doing all the little things. Another Canadian boy Zack hyman.

There are a few more I can keep going...........Haven't even mentions magic hands mitch mariner another good canadian boy.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I just saw a replay of the OT goal, lol at Rielly on the 2-on-1, that was shockingly bad. They better draft a defensive stud to play beside him moving forward.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I just saw a replay of the OT goal, lol at Rielly on the 2-on-1, that was shockingly bad. They better draft a defensive stud to play beside him moving forward.

Don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be, I'd put more blame on Kadri for not being in the right position. That's what happens in 3 on 3 though.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 5-4 overtime loss against Philadelphia on Saturday night.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I have to give Babcock credit, he spreads lipstick on a pig, as well as anyone, or better than I have ever seen. Lou must love this guy.

Polak I "think" is being dressed up with a ton of lipstick. Because apart from him and Parenteau we have precious little to trade that would be of any real interest.

Mikey is an amazing carney.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Watched my first game live tonight
By far the worst player tonight was holland
I could have scored that goal that Kari set him up
Good size good skater but absolutely no drive at all
Just went through the motions
I hope he isn't in our long range plans

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock didn’t even give Jonathan Bernier a look as the goalie did the skate of shame past the bench after getting yanked for allowing his third goal in 13 shots early in the second period.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-bernier-gets-yanked-after-allowing-third-goal/

PUJXJeb.jpg

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Based on Bernier's play tonight and a lot of his other bad games this season, why would another team want to give up players, prospects or draft picks and trade for him?

Well I did say in the comment you responded to,

"Maybe a team with their own sieve & we can play the "change of scenery" game. I'm good with that, I want him gone."

Earlier, before the game, I made the comment,

"The only way Bernier is here next year is if nobody wants him."

From Babcock's comment it sounds like he doesn't have any time for him. Babcock has given him more than enough opportunities & every time he ***** the bed.

Babcock wants players that want to compete for their jobs. Bernier plays like he's on frikkin Quaaludes. He does not fit the culture or compete level that the organization wants.

What can we get for him? Who knows, but his trade value only seems to be getting worse. There comes a time when his presence becomes detrimental. Try for a 6th rounder? Trade him for an AHL prospect? Trade him for another sieve that needs a change of scenery? I can't see Babcock starting him again unless he has no other choice. But I think the chances of him dressing for the Leafs next year are slim to none.

Nonnis :shakehead

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
then u know nothing about hockey

Kadri is an awful skater. Totally awful and if you cannot see that, then you are a "fan" nothing more.

Kind of guy who probably vented for four years about how misunderstood Schitt was. Or sorry Schenn.

Watch clips of Sundin in open ice also, he was a pretty choppy skater to say the least as well.

So, yes, as with Kadri, and Sundin, if you have a great pair of mittens, and can block the puck, you can have a nice earning career in the NHL.

But make no mistake, Kadri is a terrible skater, my old friend, Underhill probably doesn't know where to start.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Just finished work and I look at the score. We got the lose point. Thinking not bad but then I tune into the oil tankers game and it's 3- 1 Avs.
Make that 3-2
Hope still lives.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
My fear is that Babcock is so distressed with guys like Bernier that he might turn into a guy who plays a ton of Clunes..

That is the flip side of hiring a winner before you should hire him.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock making Polak sound like a Norris defenseman in that interview

Dude, he is dressing lipstick on a very ugly pig. Get to know the business. He probably detests the fact that Polak cannot chew gum and carry the puck at the same time.

Babcock is the best coach we have ever had for dressing up a pig for market.

I am just waiting for us to trade Kadri, that guy is just sooooo not an NHLer.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
My fear is that Babcock is so distressed with guys like Bernier that he might turn into a guy who plays a ton of Clunes..

That is the flip side of hiring a winner before you should hire him.
Is that a bad thing?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Dude, he is dressing lipstick on a very ugly pig. Get to know the business. He probably detests the fact that Polak cannot chew gum and carry the puck at the same time.

Babcock is the best coach we have ever had for dressing up a pig for market.

I am just waiting for us to trade Kadri, that guy is just sooooo not an NHLer.

Put down that bottle....you should keep away from a computer late at night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad