Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 vs Flyers 5 - 1 point hurts

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I thought the fact he was at the Marlies game, meant that he was sizing up the next call-ups when we deal off some players at the deadline.

Probably just wanted to see a team in blue and white win a game for once....other than Tampa.:laugh:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
What does the lineup look like with Leivo / Matthias possibly back?

Leivo probably gets 4th line or pressbox treatment and Matthias is practicing with Spalling and Winnik. So something like

Grabner Kadri Holland
Greening Arcobello Parenteau
Matthias Spalling Winnik
Clune Forse Boyes/Leivo

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
So this is the second game we're playing rested against a team playing the second leg of a back to back and Bernier starts both.

If they were looking to trade Reimer, logic dictates you play him in these potential "value boosting games." They're showcasing Bernier for sure.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
So this is the second game we're playing rested against a team playing the second leg of a back to back and Bernier starts both.

If they were looking to trade Reimer, logic dictates you play him in these potential "value boosting games." They're showcasing Bernier for sure.

More likely that Reimer is in a deal and they don't want to risk injury while they iron out the final touches.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I am almost at the point where I tuned out. I might actually do something else tonight instead of watching the Leafs game. This is coming from a guy who wouldn't miss a game for a decade+. But lately, I do find myself tuning out for sure. It's difficult to explain. It's not like I would have been happier if they kept Kessel, Phaneuf, etc. This is necessary, but it's tough to watch. It would have been just as tough to watch a team that is at the cap, and fighting for a playoff spot because you knew that it would be the ceiling of that group.

Exactly. I was alot more pissed when we were (marginally) better with Kessel, Phaneuf, Clarkson, LACK etc. Up against the cap but still blew. At least now we have practically no big names, short term contracts, grinders playing hard.

It's an improvement from last year that's for sure, it's just I feel apathy instead of anger.

I guess the best way to describe it is, we knew we weren't going anywhere with the previous core so we would cheer for them to get blown out as it would bring change. Now the change has come so we got what we wanted, we just have to wait for the young guys to blossom.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Leivo probably gets 4th line or pressbox treatment and Matthias is practicing with Spalling and Winnik. So something like

Grabner Kadri Holland
Greening Arcobello Parenteau
Matthias Spalling Winnik
Clune Forse Boyes/Leivo

lol... that's such a bad set of 4 lines. ouch.

our defense doesn't look much better.

good for the tank i guess.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
What makes it hard to watch for me is just the time of the season. When the season started you just watched as you don't know what to expect. Then they started to play well so the mntality changes to, well I was expecting a bottom 5 finish but if Babcock can actually pull off the playoffs then let's do it.

Now it's the dog days of the season. They dropped back down to where they were expected to be, and while deep down you know the pain is necessary, it becomes tiresome to watch losses.

giphy.gif

which is why I hope for a chippy one. Some fun at least :)

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I actually forgot he was a member of this organization :laugh:

Amazing how little impact hes had this season. Its unfathomable the guy scored as well as he did last season.

I would have liked to see him play center. Then we wouldn't have needed Froese and we could have had people like Leivo and Leipsic and all those types of players get some NHL time.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Here are tonight's projected lineups for the Maple Leafs and Flyers.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards

40 Grabner - 43 Kadri -24 Holland
38 Greening - 33 Arcobello - 15 Parenteau
23 Matthias - 16 Spaling - 26 Winnik
25 Clune - 56 Froese - 28 Boyes

Defence

44 Rielly - 20 Corrado
51 Gardiner - 46 Polak
52 Marincin - 55 Loov

Goaltenders

45 Bernier
34 Reimer

Philadelphia Flyers

Forwards

10 Schenn - 28 Giroux - 17 Simmonds
20 Umberger - 52 Cousins - 93 Voracek
12 Raffl - 21 Laughton - 24 Read
76 VandeVelde - 78 Bellemarre - 25 White

Defence

55 Schultz - 32 Streit
47 MacDonald - 53 Gostisbehere
82 Medvedev - 3 Gudas

Goaltenders

35 Mason
30 Neuvirth

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Absolutely crazy. Hope Hunwick and Matthias come back soon to see if the Leafs can showcase them more and trade them at the trade deadline.

Thought Bozak had some potential to get traded this year too but I think the possible concussion brings up too many question marks.

The lines continue to be horrible, predicting another loss.

I'm glad they are not bringing up any of the younger players, for this game.. Flyers like to injure newbies..
Loov can handle it, though.. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad