Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 vs Flyers 5 - 1 point hurts

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Hoping Leivo gets back in. His tenacity and workmanship is a pleasure to watch.

Kid wants it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I was just thinking the same thing, maybe Reimer is linked in a deal maybe with Calgary?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Well, Tank Commander Bernier is starting for us.

I had read earlier that Reimer was expected to start but I guess Bernier is now confirmed. They must be showcasing him or something because it seems odd to me. He wasn't terrible vs NYR so he could have a rare big game.

As long as Mason is starting, the Leafs have a chance. Not so much if Neuvirth ends up starting.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I had read earlier that Reimer was expected to start but I guess Bernier is now confirmed. They must be showcasing him or something because it seems odd to me. He wasn't terrible vs NYR so he could have a rare big game.

As long as Mason is starting, the Leafs have a chance. Not so much if Neuvirth ends up starting.

Hard to say. You can make a case either way.
Showcasing Bernier or resting Reimer so he doesn't get injured.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

What makes you say that? Mason has been terrific since arriving in Philly and is on track for a top 10 season yet again.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
MAPLE LEAFS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
Player .................. Status ............ Description

Tyler Bozak - injured reserve - possible concussion
Jared Cowen - injured reserve; close to being activated - tightness in hip
Nathan Horton - long-term injured reserve - spine
Matt Hunwick - questionable - unspecified
Leo Komarov - not eligible - suspended three games for elbowing
Josh Leivo - injured reserve; close to being activated - upper body
Joffrey Lupul - injured reserve - mid-body
Shawn Matthias - questionable - neck, whiplash
Milan Michalek - injured reserve - fractured finger on right hand
Stephane Robidas - injured reserve - knee
James Van Riemsdyk - IR; out 6-to-8 weeks from Jan. 12 - fractured left foot

Absolutely crazy. Hope Hunwick and Matthias come back soon to see if the Leafs can showcase them more and trade them at the trade deadline.

Thought Bozak had some potential to get traded this year too but I think the possible concussion brings up too many question marks.

The lines continue to be horrible, predicting another loss.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
They've been playing some decent hockey though the last couple games. The defense is just atrocious. As it has been for quite some time.

What makes it hard to watch for me is just the time of the season. When the season started you just watched as you don't know what to expect. Then they started to play well so the mntality changes to, well I was expecting a bottom 5 finish but if Babcock can actually pull off the playoffs then let's do it.

Now it's the dog days of the season. They dropped back down to where they were expected to be, and while deep down you know the pain is necessary, it becomes tiresome to watch losses.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Lol....Mike was watching the pot of gold at the end of this **** colored rainbow.:laugh:

I thought the fact he was at the Marlies game, meant that he was sizing up the next call-ups when we deal off some players at the deadline.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What makes it hard to watch for me is just the time of the season. When the season started you just watched as you don't know what to expect. Then they started to play well so the mntality changes to, well I was expecting a bottom 5 finish but if Babcock can actually pull off the playoffs then let's do it.

Now it's the dog days of the season. They dropped back down to where they were expected to be, and while deep down you know the pain is necessary, it becomes tiresome to watch losses.

I am almost at the point where I tuned out. I might actually do something else tonight instead of watching the Leafs game. This is coming from a guy who wouldn't miss a game for a decade+. But lately, I do find myself tuning out for sure. It's difficult to explain. It's not like I would have been happier if they kept Kessel, Phaneuf, etc. This is necessary, but it's tough to watch. It would have been just as tough to watch a team that is at the cap, and fighting for a playoff spot because you knew that it would be the ceiling of that group.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
What makes you say that? Mason has been terrific since arriving in Philly and is on track for a top 10 season yet again.

Being somewhat of a Philly fan, I find Neuvirth miles better this year. If the Leafs win, it's with Mason in net and not Neuvirth.

I don't understand how Mason is on track for a top 10 season again. He's not even in the top 20 in any goaltending categories except shutouts (tied for 17th).

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you meant by top 10 season but your post is somewhat confusing.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad