Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4 Oilers 3 in OT

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lmao at posters pining after Alex f***ing Galchenyuk. He’s one more mediocre season away from being in the KHL

A shame that it’s coming from posters that thought Kahun would be a home run here as well.

What this team needs is to pony up for a real top 6 winger so Kahun can play in the 3rd line where he should be

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There is probably going to be heavy pressure from the Leafs to make the North division permanent. They know they have the distinct advantage in drawing players in Canada by far, therefore they can stack their team against their division opponents. Hopefully we go back to the way it was.

I don't think they will because they hate the travel. I think we do see more Canadian teams than in the past but I am not sure how they reconcile that within the schedule as a whole.

Either way with Seattle coming on the Canadian Division is a 1 year temporary thing until the US breaks down into total civil war and then we can bring it back.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
19/20 Galch had 24 points and was a -4 and Kahun had 31/ +8

18/19 Galch had 41/ -19 and Kahun went 37/ +10

65/ -23 Galch to 68/ +18 Kahun.

I'm using nhl.com and from a stats standpoint I just don't see how you can say one is a more obvious choice right now other than because of last night's game.

Lmao at posters pining after Alex f***ing Galchenyuk. He’s one more mediocre season away from being in the KHL

A shame that it’s coming from posters that thought Kahun would be a home run here as well.

What this team needs is to pony up for a real top 6 winger so Kahun can play in the 3rd line where he should be

Galchenyuk being better than Kahun was not the reason we lost last night.

Rust was problem #1.

Bad luck was problem #2. They had 2 incredibly fortunate goals deflected in off Oilers with 2 deflections each, and the tying goal was deflected right to Hairspray's stick.

Did our 2nd line get outplayed? Yes. Did their first line get outplayed? For the most part, yes.

We got a point. Move onto the next game where I think we will get 2.

Galchenyuk was not the reason why we didn't get 2 points.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
19/20 Galch had 24 points and was a -4 and Kahun had 31/ +8

18/19 Galch had 41/ -19 and Kahun went 37/ +10

65/ -23 Galch to 68/ +18 Kahun.

I'm using nhl.com and from a stats standpoint I just don't see how you can say one is a more obvious choice right now other than because of last night's game.

My bad, I added it up somehow to 58 for Kahun.

But you're missing my point. Sometimes adds work, often they don't. By now its absolutely clear Kahun has been a bust here. I'm a supporter all season, I was happy to get the player, it hasn't worked out in anyway.

Like I said Tippett was scratching Kahun multiple nights. This even at a time where Kassian, Neal, and Turris couldn't play.

I never once said obtain Gally in off season INSTEAD of Kahun. I said he was available a few weeks ago and the loaded leafs got him. the Oilers pound sand and Tippett gets to experiment trying to find gold here somewhere.

There isn't a fan on this board by now that even wants Kahun in the lineup. I'm probably the last one and I think after last night I'm done.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I loved how we played until the third. There are some positive things we can take away from the game. Nurse and Barrie. McDavid and Leon are in form. I expected us to lose to be honest lol. We never start good after a long break

AND

We did get 1 point

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Galchenyuk being better than Kahun was not the reason we lost last night.

Rust was problem #1.

Bad luck was problem #2. They had 2 incredibly fortunate goals deflected in off Oilers with 2 deflections each, and the tying goal was deflected right to Hairspray's stick.

Did our 2nd line get outplayed? Yes. Did their first line get outplayed? For the most part, yes.

We got a point. Move onto the next game where I think we will get 2.

Galchenyuk was not the reason why we didn't get 2 points.
100% agreed. Why are people kissing Galchenyuk's ass? I'm sorry but what did he do last night that was significant? We got a point, we had rust as expected.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its a product of how abysmal our forward lineup is.

I mean hey, i don't see a legit topsix forward walking over here or Holland obtaining one. let me know if any of that happens.

Turris was a bs add and I said so. I thought Kahun could help, clearly that was wrong. At best Kahun is a sub 40pt player.

Gally might have some life left in him. I mean its not any perfect answer but its better than anything Holland is geting us which is sweet f*** all.

I mean hey, lets enjoy dragging into the playoffs with 3 legit topsix forwards and Pulju trying to find some kind of NHL production. At best that gets us by a first round opponent with some luck.

We desperately need help. We get none. Leafs need no help whatsoever, keep adding players that can play, Gally gets 2 assists last night, one an absolute beauty.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
100% agreed. Why are people kissing Galchenyuk's ass? I'm sorry but what did he do last night that was significant? We got a point, we had rust as expected.

Yeah like I said they had 3 fortunate goals, any assists on those goals are statistically insignificant. That said I have been off the Kahun train for a long time now and do not see the point of him in this lineup except for an emergency fill in. Honestly I would like to see Turris on the 2LW spot beside RNH. Turris was very good in his last game prior to Covid. He is obviously miscast as a 3C or 4LW and using him in a defensive role has not worked. He showed a lot of jam and offensive acumen in that last game, so his playing 2LW with RNH and Yamo I think would be a good fit for him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Its a product of how abysmal our forward lineup is.

I mean hey, i don't a legit topsix forward walking over here or Holland obtaining one. let me know if any of that happens.

Turris was a bs add and I said so. I thought Kahun could help, clearly what was wrong. At best Kahun is a sub 40pt player.

Gally might have some life left in him. I mean its not any perfect answer but its better than anything Holland is geting us which is sweet f*** all.

Turris last game was really good and he was improving a lot prior to his Covid bout. I wonder if trying him at 2LW would not be a good move. Nobody else can seem to fill in that spot and be effective with any regularity. I wouldn't mind seeing that, and seeing Kahun sent to the taxi squad.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He's 1M bucks and is presently a better playmaker than all but 3 players in our topsix. he would slide into our topsix at lowest contract price tomorrow. Tell me I'm wrong.

Filthy skill play. We have 3 forwards on this whole club that can make this play.

This team has made scrubs look good for generations. Jimmy Vesey, mr waiver bait clowned us not that long ago.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Turris last game was really good and he was improving a lot prior to his Covid bout. I wonder if trying him at 2LW would not be a good move. Nobody else can seem to fill in that spot and be effective with any regularity. I wouldn't mind seeing that, and seeing Kahun sent to the taxi squad.

yeah. what do we have to lose. Kahun seems overwhelmed here. I believe hawks were rotating him in and out and around top nine. we don't have that kind of config. I don't think he can withstand much topsix hockey. Kind of a sleepr player for a 3rd line. But he really isn't feeling it and has been snake bit all year. I dunno. I was fairly fine with the loss last night but the more its sinking in its kind of a dismal feeling about this club other than the top 5 core.

If it was nice out I would just go out for a walk. haha, storm brewing there too.

time to take a break.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
yeah. what do we have to lose. Kahun seems overwhelmed here. I believe hawks were rotating him in and out and around top nine. we don't have that kind of config. I don't think he can withstand much topsix hockey. Kind of a sleepr player for a 3rd line. But he really isn't feeling it and has been snake bit all year. I dunno. I was fairly fine with the loss last night but the more its sinking in its kind of a dismal feeling about this club other than the top 5 core.

If it was nice out I would just go out for a walk. haha, storm brewing there too.

time to take a break.

Breaks are nice. I decided to play an old school hex based computer war game this afternoon. Maybe a nap.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
We can't try Bear-Bouchard because in the one game they played with each other, Koskinen let in a bad goal and Draisaitl knocked Bouchard's stick out of his hands.

So it was 100% their fault says Tippett.

I just feel like Tippett has better and more options to work with and try than what he's done.

You can take Bear out and put Bouchard in for once, I mean what does this kid have to do to get another game?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yikes. Nuge doesn't deserve a raise, if anything he should be making less. Anything over 6, id probably walk away.

He should be singing a deal similar to what Eberle got, 5.5 million a year. He can’t carry a line unless he has good wingers like Hall and Eberle.

He’s a good setup man on the PP but I hate him in his current spot, he’s wasted so many golden scoring chances trying to dust the puck off before shooting it.

I want him resigned and would be fine with Holland going as high as 6 even though he’s not worth that in today’s market. The sad thing is that a desperate team like Columbus will pay him 7+ and him and his agent know that.

pratt

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
I loved how we played until the third. There are some positive things we can take away from the game. Nurse and Barrie. McDavid and Leon are in form. I expected us to lose to be honest lol. We never start good after a long break

AND

We did get 1 point

You could tell the Leafs we’re going to come back. Happens frequently when you deploy the “let’s just clear it out and trap it up” strategy for the last 20 minutes.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If the Oilers want to put McDrai together then they need some size with RNH.

McDrai-Kassian
JP-RNH-Yamamoto

Kassian has proven that he can work on the too line for small stretches, RNH-Yams have chemistry and JP gives that line more size and skill.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Agreed. There was a lot of pants wetting when Kahun was signed, and it continued as he played with Draisaitl, with hopes he would "find" chemistry. Not sure what that means, other than he played with him as a kid, and both are German. I wasn't one of them, and took some heat for that opinion, when he finally had a big night 17 games into the season and potted a pair. I agree with you, nothing against the player but he is what he is. A bottom six energy mucker, but as usual with the Oilers, forcing the square peg into the round hole. As a top 6er he's been a bust, as a bottom sixer, let's wait and see.

As for Galchenyuk, Yak should make some room for him on his KHL team. Can't believe anyone would want this guy after several seasons of viewings. His shelf life in this league is rapidly coming to an end.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the Oilers want to put McDrai together then they need some size with RNH.

McDrai-Kassian
JP-RNH-Yamamoto

Kassian has proven that he can work on the too line for small stretches, RNH-Yams have chemistry and JP gives that line more size and skill.
Absolutely. Been saying this for a while now, Nuge needs some size on his line on at least one of the wings for him to perform best, IMO. Last night entirely predictable for the crash and burn at some point.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Absolutely. Been saying this for a while now, Nuge needs some size on his line on at least one of the wings for him to perform best, IMO. Last night entirely predictable for the crash and burn at some point.

Maybe try Kass and The Ass on his wing.

Pulju - RNH - Kass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad