Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sounds like a better Trevor Moore.

Guys that have always been big never have a killer instinct. Small guys with a chip on their shoulder that hit a growth spurt are the guys that'll put you through the glass.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Love the idea of getting a high motor sniper. Looks like he can really rip the biscuit. He's the kind of guy who has a high floor in our system, as that work ethic on the ice will get him minutes in a Babcock lineup, no matter the size. Still lots of upside though, which is great.

Wish he was a bit bigger, but I doubt he's available at 53 if he was 6 foot. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll grow to catch up to his brother.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Dubas should have selected Jack Hughes with the 53rd pick. This guy needs to go.
He should obviously go with Alex Lafreniere. Anything less is a waste of a trip to Vancouver. Might as well have stayed on his couch and watch the draft on TV, he would've saved the MLSE some money. :nod::sarcasm:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lack of size coupled with his lack of explosive skating is a concern

Great passing, shooting and intensity

Overall would have preferred Nikolayev and wished Vegas left Korczak for us lol

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The general direction the Leafs are going with small forwards isn’t my thing. It’s like we got burned on Tyler Biggs and Jamie Devane and now have spent a few years swinging hard the other way.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Not particularly knowledgeable about this player so I'll reserve judgement. Hopefully it works out.

Not a huge fan of his size, I wanted Leason but what can you do. We'll see how it plays out.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He’s extremely hard on the forecheck, relentless in puck pursuit, and a big-time trash talker, EPrinkside.com 2019

He is an offensive dynamo, with a very high level of individual skill. His feet are quick and constantly in motion, and his hands can keep , McKeen's Hockey 2019

A shifty player whose puck skills and smarts make up for his smaller frame, Future Considerations 2019

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Want a contrast to the excitement Robertson showed getting picked by the Leafs? Listen to Rapheal Lavoie getting interviewed about being drafted by the Oilers.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

His skating sounds good just lacking that explosive element, that can come though as the kid develops and puts on some muscle

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Reports say he has an explosive first step.

AlanHowick

Apr 7, 2018
The most interesting thing about this player?

He was born on 9/11. The 9/11.

What kind of sign can this be?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad