Prospect Info: Leafs 2018 2nd Rd Draft Pick - Sean Durzi (6'0 196lbs, RD , Owen Sound Attack)

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
He will be 20 when the season starts. Not surprising to look good in junior if any modicum of skill.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I believe Toronto could have signed him as an undrafted UFA during summer.

I don't think anyone saw the kid breaking out like he did this year

If anybody had of seen this coming everybody would have wanted to sign him

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Really like this pick. Sidelined by injuries in his first year of draft eligibility, and by all accounts this season he is a first round talent that slipped due to being an overager. Smart, poised D with no true weakness, similar to the Sandin pick.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Sounds good and all but looking at some of the players available again this would not have been my pick and if we could have signed him last summer why didn't we?

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
I love all the arm chair gm’s who have never seen this guy play but like another player better so they criticize this pick. And the pick they wanted, guess what they never seen him play either lol.

I think I’ll leave our drafting in the hands of the guys who get to watch them many times a year over some guy looking at a hockey magazine to get their information

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Seems a bit early to take him, he likely would have been available at our next pick, teams rarely take overagers in the first two rounds and we’ve now done it twice in the last three years. I would have taken Jake Wise or Olivier Rodrigues.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
interesting pick.

Massive year this year which would have me pumped if we had drafted him last year and he had developed like this.....but for whatever reason it doesn't feel as great that we're drafting him when he's going to be 20 in a few months.

Good indicator that Dubas liked him before this year's breakout was that he was at Leafs D camp last year - he must have had good analytics even before the offensive breakout.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
This guy really slide under the radar for most of us. I think we ignore overagers to some extent but he had a bizarre injure (bone removed from foot surgery) that affected his draft year but he even had a high ankle sprain this year and didnt miss a beat.

Love this stat: Players who produce at his level in their D+1 season make the NHL around 50% of the time. Im surprised he didnt go sooner despite the scary overager label.

Reactions: Barilko14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad