Prospect Info: Leafs 2018 2nd Rd Draft Pick - Sean Durzi (6'0 196lbs, RD , Owen Sound Attack)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
From The Athletic's Jonathan Willis:

"Durzi produced pretty well in his original draft year, 2016-17, despite undergoing ankle surgery at the start of the year that limited his ability to impress. This past season was significantly better, though, with Durzi topping the point-per-game mark by a healthy margin, putting him at a similar scoring level as players like John Carlson and Ryan Ellis in their Draft+1 campaigns. He should certainly be selected this time around, and if production were the only consideration he might even squeak into the first round, though I expect he has to wait longer than his point totals would suggest."

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I thought the new servers were supposed to prevent this kinda garbage.
Don’t mind the pick, don’t live that the guy we wanted wentba pick before us, I would of been calling to get up to 48-50 once we knew Thomas was attainable.
On that note, big, mobile rhd are always welcome and being OA means he can come to the AHL quicker and has had a free year of development.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Durzi's a decent pick and can go straight into the AHL.

But... the Leafs also had an eye on him last year, correctly identifying that his 1.8SH% wasn't sustainable. They took Gordeev, McGregor, and O'Connell instead.

That, above all, is what's frustrating about this selection.

Reactions: daethfromabove1979

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Disappointed we didn't draft Wise or Addison, but if he proves me wrong i'm all for it

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I admit I preferred Addison. But I am not mad about adding a RHD.

As another poster said, we would be extremely pleased if our 2nd rounder from last year was tracking like him. And getting him a year later means he's a year quicker to help the Leafs. That's not a bad thing considering our current RHD issues.

If things go right he should push for a spot for the 2019-2020 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad