Daniel Winnik - Nick Spaling - Brad Boyes
Colin Greening - Byron Froese - Rich Clune

Matt Hunwick - Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner - Roman Polak
Martin Marincin - Frank Corrado

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

According to NHL.com...

Wait... What?!!! Arcobello projects to be the second line centre? But whyyy? With Nick Spaling centring the second line, how can TOR fail?

NHL teams that have had first line calibre centres taking a back seat to other centres throughout NHL history have typically done quite well: From Fedorov to Forsberg to Brad Richards and Joe Nieuwendyk, all the way down to and Evgeni Malkin and Evgeni Kuznetsov, these secondary studs have combined to win multiple Conn Smythe awards and have played in an important role in helping their teams win Championships.

Spaling, the keen and underrated playmaker who has a whopping five assists this season, would almost certainly take a load off Kadri's shoulders because of the tough coverage he would draw, although because of his versatility and all-around greatness, he is likely to help the Maple Leafs in a checking capacity as well.

[/endsarcastictirade]

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Michael Grabner - Nazem Kadri - Leo Komarov
Peter Holland - Mark Arcobello - PA Parenteau
Daniel Winnik - Nick Spaling - Brad Boyes
Colin Greening - Byron Froese - Rich Clune

Matt Hunwick - Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner - Roman Polak
Martin Marincin - Frank Corrado

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

Oooh, I love that 4th line. Well actually, I hate that 4th line. But I love that they're all confined to the 4th line.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Oooh, I love that 4th line. Well actually, I hate that 4th line. But I love that they're all confined to the 4th line.

lol. Those three have combined for one goal this season.

I hate the third line. Two useless players and a guy who would be better off not playing with two completely useless players. Combined output of line three: Ten goals.

I'm thinking that a month from the line-up will look more like:

JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Holland - Bozak - AHL call-up
Winnik - Spaling - Boyes/Matthias
Greening - Froese - Clune

I don't imagine Mr. Useless will be traded and I feel they'll still be stuck with one of Matthias/Boyes. At least the top two lines will resemble things that look like NHL-calibre lines, but as for the third and fourth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkaBT-u7qn8

mikebel111*

Leipsic better be playing, if not than just send him down for the Marlies game tomorrow. I guess they can do that tomorrow as well since Marlies play at Ricoh.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf

Jan 24, 2004
If Leipsic is not playing it's because they want to showcase their other players who are going to be UFA's. That's what they said during the game on Monday.

Leipsic was recalled on an emergency basis as an injury replacement, the CBA didn't allow him to play the last game once Kadri was deemed healthy enough to play, so he was sent back down.

Loov has been recalled on the same basis, so if they get a healthy body back he will be returned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad