Confirmed with Link: Leaf scout Lindsay Hofford charged

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's true also as he has almost known Mitch since he starting playing hockey.

I wouldn't be surprised if he could recall 6-year old Mitch highlights.

No question outside of family members he might be his biggest supporter, and the reason why Hofford and Marner are linked together, and the originating source behind the Marner/Eichel debate.

Every game with Mitch at that age was a highlight reel and he was playing a year up.

Not many would know this but Nylander played on a line with Marner on that same Kings team at a Christmas tournament in Montreal. Safe to say it was a pretty dominant line.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Every game with Mitch at that age was a highlight reel and he was playing a year up.

Not many would know this but Nylander played on a line with Marner on that same Kings team at a Christmas tournament in Montreal. Safe to say it was a pretty dominant line.

Wouldnt be surprised if there is a decent chance Marner becomes better than Eichel. Any sober or non sober person would believe that;)
Pretty sure Barzal has had these incidents too that Horford might be in. Islanders dont release the info because they dont want to make the draft pick look even more embarassing than it is already. I mean how else can you explain him choking in the big games at the World Juniors or maybe he isnt that good?

Anyway if Horford comtinues to do good scouting like the scouting of players like Marner, and making some angry with the selections, I could care less about whats happening on the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
"which an intoxicated Hofford stole a golf cart and later hit another vehicle, and then left the scene of the incident."

:booboo:

I'm sure he was just bird dogging another prospect for the Leafs, some times you just have to follow were ever the trail takes you.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Would expect that his days could be numbered with the Leafs.

Can't imagine MLSE like their name being associated with this sort of stuff

Hopefully not. The media carrying the story is likely embarrassment enough. No need to fire someone who does their job well over it.

Lots of men act like kids at golf courses.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013

The fact that you claim, that Nylander and Marner played together for the Vaughan Kings in a Christmas tournament, is complete BS.I would bet you any amount,that it would have never occurred in a Christmas tournament. Nylander in his minor hockey career was carded by USA hockey, because his father was playing hockey with American based teams. In the spring, once the regular season is over, Hockey Canada and Hockey USA, releases all the players, and they can play spring hockey wherever they want to. So Michael Nylander would travel with his son's spring teams, and watch them play. So depending on which son's team was playing, he would call the tournament organizer and ask if he could find a spot for his other son, on a competitive team. So with Marner having connections, to Hoffard and his Pro-Hockey Spring Teams, then he would have been placed on a team, that Hoffard coached. My son had Alex Nylander parachuted onto his Spring Team, when Williie was playing Spring Hockey in Toronto.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
If drunken scouting gets you a Marner then I say buy that man a drink.:sarcasm:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
6GEIUBw.jpg

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
I have relatives and past coworkers who have drinking problems and it seems they try to get them help before cutting them loose. I'm guessing this is what happens now with this guy.
If anything society seems far more understanding now than in the past. If it was 1880 or 1920 and your name appeared in a newspaper for anything "disreputable" most companies would have no choice but an instant firing. Aside from criminal charges people could become ostracized over things like a bankruptcy or divorce, things that seem relatively trivial to us now. I mean, they're still unfortunate but few would think it necessary to run off to another city or country to rebuild your life over such things nowadays.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I have relatives and past coworkers who have drinking problems and it seems they try to get them help before cutting them loose. I'm guessing this is what happens now with this guy.
If anything society seems far more understanding now than in the past. If it was 1880 or 1920 and your name appeared in a newspaper for anything "disreputable" most companies would have no choice but an instant firing. Aside from criminal charges people could become ostracized over things like a bankruptcy or divorce, things that seem relatively trivial to us now. I mean, they're still unfortunate but few would think it necessary to run off to another city or country to rebuild your life over such things nowadays.

There is no reason to believe he has a drinking problem.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
There is no reason to believe he has a drinking problem.

I guess that's technically true so I'll walk that point back. I do think if you work for a highly visible organization like the Leafs getting into the slightest trouble is magnified much more, and each employee should know that and conduct themselves accordingly. It's not fair, but that's the nature of the job.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I guess that's technically true so I'll walk that point back. I do think if you work for a highly visible organization like the Leafs getting into the slightest trouble is magnified much more, and each employee should know that and conduct themselves accordingly. It's not fair, but that's the nature of the job.

Absolutely. I'm sure Lindsay is quite embarrassed by it. It's certainly not in his character.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Maple Leafs scout charged with DUI after golf cart incident at amusement park

Lindsay Hofford facing five charges in Western New York.

Maple Leafs mum on scout Hofford's DUI

1297986506096_ORIGINAL.jpg

The Leafs are keeping mum about the arrest of one of their scouts in an alleged drunk driving incident with a golf cart at Darien Lake, a Western New York theme park.

“The Toronto Maple Leafs are aware of the charges against Lindsay Hofford. The club will have no further comment at this time,” a team spokesman said Monday.

Police in Genesee County said Hofford, the Leafs director of Eastern area scouting and with the club the past couple of years, got drunk late Saturday night, stole a cart, collided with another vehicle and left the scene. Hofford is 53 and from Nobleton, Ont.

Continued .. http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/28/maple-leafs-mum-on-scout-hoffords-dui

Last edited:

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
Only with the leafs does this make the "news". And I doubt he gets fired for this, this is one of those things most people won't remember in a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00