Confirmed with Link: Leaf scout Lindsay Hofford charged

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh god, him and mitch are home boys. For those of you that don't know who this guy is, hes one of our main guys when it comes to OHL scouting, he has a lot of in's with the london knights and stuff like that.

Lindsay shouldn't fear the public service and drinking programs, he should fear the wrath of what awaits him back at HQ. Lou and the boys won't take too kindly to this, looks like robidas island is growing more and more with each passing day these days.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
giphy-3.gif

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Didn't read the article. Sounds like a joke

luckily for him our scouting has been good lately. I think this gets him off the hook

Ton of guys could easily steal his job though. He's only been around for a year in his current role (and one more as a scout), and his job is not as important when the Leafs have people in higher places with OHL scouting experience: Paliafito, (Dubas) and Hunter. One of them could just take on his job, or easily find someone more than qualified to do the same thing. Paliafito and Hunter already do part of his job, and at best he's responsible for a ton of picks many people do not like.

If this is true, his rope is pretty damn short right now.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
All I really care about is whether or not he's a good scout. If he can pick good players, I could care less about how drunk he gets or how epic his golf-car joy rides are.

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
He better be fired by the time i check this tomorrow morning

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
All I really care about is whether or not he's a good scout. If he can pick good players, I could care less about how drunk he gets or how epic his golf-car joy rides are.

This is me, and Hunter is his boss, who have to vouch to Lou on his behalf.
As long as its not a recurring thing, or affects his job-I don't care.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
What a dumbass.

This.

Shanny and the Godfather will not be pleased. His only hope is Hunter convincing them it was a one and done incident.

Everyone makes mistakes but this was a litany of errors and simply very stupid. Anyone who is going to be around these young players are all expected to to publicly be beyond reproach in their conduct.

The Wrath of Lou beckons........

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Man I feel bad for the guy. We've all been there just maybe not on that level. It would suck for him to lose a dream job because of this incident.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He is just expressing his happiness, 3 drafts of being able to actually scout real hockey players and not trying to figure out how to scout for Pugnacity and testosterone and most importantly not having to sit through watching Tyler Biggs types

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's literally Mark Hunter's guy. He isn't going anywhere. If he did, he'd end up right back into the Knights organization.

He's a scout, not a player. This doesn't really matter except for on a personal level for the guy.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Man I feel bad for the guy. We've all been there just maybe not on that level. It would suck for him to lose a dream job because of this incident.

Not sure this is his "dream job", from my understanding he had to be given a pretty hard sell to come on board.

Without Lindsay, the Hunter/Marner connection is non existent.

Hofford is widely known for his Pro Hockey Development camps that have been running forever.

http://www.prohoc.com/page/show/660237-staff

"Druken rampage" seems a little over dramatic.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Got to remember, we're getting bits from a police report most likely. Fact is, he was drunk and drove a golf cart. Wasn't like this was grand thief auto. He hit another vehicle could mean anything. Did he purposely try pushing against a 44" mud tire on some 4x4? Did he hit another golf cart that tried to cut him off and he couldn't avoid it? Leaving the 'scene' of an accident? Could of been such a nothing that nobody would of bothered. No harm, no foul. Unsafe lane change? I would guess the list of charges don't add up to the severity of the crime. Although overall, he's probably he's not black or the cops would of shot him.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He's literally Mark Hunter's guy. He isn't going anywhere. If he did, he'd end up right back into the Knights organization.

He's a scout, not a player. This doesn't really matter except for on a personal level for the guy.

what if he loses his driving licence?, don't know about Canada but in Australia you can lose your drivers licence for driving anything under the influence. a mate of mine was burning around on a motorized scooter and lost his haha.

Any way if hofford lost his licence he essentially loses his job if he cant drive from rink to rink

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

He's Mark's guy until he isn't anymore. Regardless of their relationship it matters more how Shanny and Lou feel about this.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
what if he loses his driving licence?, don't know about Canada but in Australia you can lose your drivers licence for driving anything under the influence. a mate of mine was burning around on a motorized scooter and lost his haha.

Any way if hofford lost his licence he essentially loses his job if he cant drive from rink to rink

Not at all. His travel expenses would just go from gas and insurance to lots of uber rides. Considering he's an OHL guy, he could probably catch rides with scouts he knows from the Knights/other teams.

However, considering his career involved constant travel, I highly doubt a judge will permanatley take away his liscense or take it away for a significant amount of time, for driving a golf cart under the influence.

He'll face a hefty fine, but he won't lose anything.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
What an idiot. Doubt that he'll be fired, but when we talk about being "real good pro's" this is exactly the sort of **** that is high up on the "Do not do" list. Hope he learns his lesson and doesn't make a similar mistake in the future. Idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00