OT: Leaf Lounge V94: NFL playoffs? Who cares, NHL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Nah you just need to set barriers. As a guy, you need stuff that is your own. That absolutely NO ONE touches and no one goes through. It's just the way I am anyways.

My mom gives me no privacy when im home and usually goes through my things ugh I hate when she does that. Its like I NEED MY PRIVACY MOM!

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
You can do it in about 24 hours of straight driving.

Well back then it was only my dad and mom as the drivers in the family and my mom doesn't like driving on the highway meaning it would only be my dad driving meaning it would take 2+ days :laugh:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
My mom gives me no privacy when im home and usually goes through my things ugh I hate when she does that. Its like I NEED MY PRIVACY MOM!

Exactly. And his girlfriend is so needy it's like she's already 45 years old. So annoying.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Well back then it was only my dad and mom as the drivers in the family and my mom doesn't like driving on the highway meaning it would only be my dad driving meaning it would take 2+ days :laugh:

I'd love to do the drive. Just would love to see everything... But not more then once.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I'd love to do the drive. Just would love to see everything... But not more then once.

Is there much to see?

Personally I think if I was doing the drive I would kind of want to make it into 4 days and stop at some major tourists spots along the way.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Is there much to see?

Personally I think if I was doing the drive I would kind of want to make it into 4 days and stop at some major tourists spots along the way.

I wouldn't know.. Haven't been. But I agree. I'd at least want to make a few stops.. However, stopping in the States.. You really gotta pick your spots :laugh:

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
man my earliest class this semester is 2:30 PM and I have 2 days off. I am going to love this :D

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I wouldn't know.. Haven't been. But I agree. I'd at least want to make a few stops.. However, stopping in the States.. You really gotta pick your spots :laugh:

Well the major tourist sites are usually more developed and safer, I think I would stay there :laugh:

In Jamaica we went on a 6 hour tour which involved about 2 hours driving total between the places. Got to see the real Jamaica and let me just say I wouldn't want to stop in many places :laugh: Only city we really drove through was Ocho Rios. Got picked up from a boat tour at this beautiful hotel in Ocho Rios. Drove through downtown Ocho Rios along with the outer part of the city and it isn't a place I would want to stop a vehicle, let alone walk through. It was night and day once we left the premises of the hotel.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Well the major tourist sites are usually more developed and safer, I think I would stay there :laugh:

In Jamaica we went on a 6 hour tour which involved about 2 hours driving total between the places. Got to see the real Jamaica and let me just say I wouldn't want to stop in many places :laugh: Only city we really drove through was Ocho Rios. Got picked up from a boat tour at this beautiful hotel in Ocho Rios. Drove through downtown Ocho Rios along with the outer part of the city and it isn't a place I would want to stop a vehicle, let alone walk through. It was night and day once we left the premises of the hotel.

When I went to Jamaica, we got our own personal tour bus guy for 100$ for the day. He took us to the heart of Ocho Rios and another city that's slipping my mind right now. We got Jamaican Patty's from a legit restaurant that makes them in Jamaica. Absolutely amazing. We were actually the only white people in the city, but in a city like that no one gives a damn. Such an amazing country and the people are so embracing. They know you're outsiders but they love seeing you put the money back into their country and their people. They respect it.. Such an amazing country. Loved going through the mountains. We even saw a guy who slept in the biggest tree roots I've ever seen.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012

Did a tour like that but in cuba.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
When I went to Jamaica, we got our own personal tour bus guy for 100$ for the day. He took us to the heart of Ocho Rios and another city that's slipping my mind right now. We got Jamaican Patty's from a legit restaurant that makes them in Jamaica. Absolutely amazing. We were actually the only white people in the city, but in a city like that no one gives a damn. Such an amazing country and the people are so embracing. They know you're outsiders but they love seeing you put the money back into their country and their people. They respect it.. Such an amazing country. Loved going through the mountains. We even saw a guy who slept in the biggest tree roots I've ever seen.

Man legit jamaican patties are the best. I havent had one in soo long

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London

Yeah the drive was awesome with the mountains and the coast. Still a little weird to see goats wandering around though along the side of the road :laugh: Had lunch at a buffet at some hotel, they had Jamaican patties and they were great :)

They do appreciate the money but I hate how they are always pushing for it :laugh: At the hotel before we had lunch, they took pictures of everyone's family from a balcony with a great view of the ocean and then when they were eating they tried to sell it to you. They were trying to sell the picture for $20, some families bought it. My family isn't stupid though ;) They were trying to sell us a picture that they had already printed. We knew they would end up taking pretty much whatever we offered since it was already printed and they already incurred a cost. We scoffed at the $20, the guy left. He later comes back and whispers to us trying to sell it to us for $10 because the family at a table over bought it for $20. We still said no, he later comes back trying to get $5, we settled on $3 :naughty:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yeah the drive was awesome with the mountains and the coast. Still a little weird to see goats wandering around though along the side of the road :laugh: Had lunch at a buffet at some hotel, they had Jamaican patties and they were great :)

They do appreciate the money but I hate how they are always pushing for it :laugh: At the hotel before we had lunch, they took pictures of everyone's family from a balcony with a great view of the ocean and then when they were eating they tried to sell it to you. They were trying to sell the picture for $20, some families bought it. My family isn't stupid though ;) They were trying to sell us a picture that they had already printed. We knew they would end up taking pretty much whatever we offered since it was already printed and they already incurred a cost. We scoffed at the $20, the guy left. He later comes back and whispers to us trying to sell it to us for $10 because the family at a table over bought it for $20. We still said no, he later comes back trying to get $5, we settled on $3 :naughty:

Lol at the hotels its completely different. They are greedy and they always beg off tourists and they know people are dumb enough to pay stupid prices. I'm talking the legit people of the cities. We went into the heart of the city on Christmas Day and we were driving around parades of people. There wasn't room on the road, and we were one of the only cars driving. Most of the down town was shut down and the real people of the country were walking around and we went to real shops of people who are struggling and bought stuff. Way different atmosphere there man.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
yeah its not for everyone and Ill check out Beserk it sounds cool. Do you like it? what is it about?

If by any chance you've ever played the game The Last Story, it's similar to that.

Hmm... how to sum it up. It's about knights and wars and stuff. It's more or less an action anime but the character development is incredible and the story is really great for an action anime.

I started yesterday... currently on episode 22. lol. I got hooked/ have had nothing at all to do.

It's also a bit like the anime Claymore (another one I recommend... except the ending is garbage). Eh... maybe not.

Really cool, realistic characters. Guy with a big ass sword. Main character reminds me of Auron from Final fantasy 10 with Cloud's Buster Sword from FF7 lol.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Lol at the hotels its completely different. They are greedy and they always beg off tourists and they know people are dumb enough to pay stupid prices. I'm talking the legit people of the cities. We went into the heart of the city on Christmas Day and we were driving around parades of people. There wasn't room on the road, and we were one of the only cars driving. Most of the down town was shut down and the real people of the country were walking around and we went to real shops of people who are struggling and bought stuff. Way different atmosphere there man.

We just drove by that stuff. Looked like a place I didn't want to walk around anyways :laugh: But maybe I'm wrong :dunno: I'll take your word for it.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
We just drove by that stuff. Looked like a place I didn't want to walk around anyways :laugh: But maybe I'm wrong :dunno: I'll take your word for it.

You are wrong. Their motto of their country is "No problems". They aren't going to fight with people who are coming in and spending money on the actual people opposed to the people who live in their nice homes and that are working on the resorts.. Love the people of that country man. Honestly.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
If by any chance you've ever played the game The Last Story, it's similar to that.

Hmm... how to sum it up. It's about knights and wars and stuff. It's more or less an action anime but the character development is incredible and the story is really great for an action anime.

I started yesterday... currently on episode 22. lol. I got hooked/ have had nothing at all to do.

It's also a bit like the anime Claymore (another one I recommend... except the ending is garbage). Eh... maybe not.

Really cool, realistic characters. Guy with a big ass sword. Main character reminds me of Auron from Final fantasy 10 with Cloud's Buster Sword from FF7 lol.

sounds great i will deff check it out

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
You are wrong. Their motto of their country is "No problems". They aren't going to fight with people who are coming in and spending money on the actual people opposed to the people who live in their nice homes and that are working on the resorts.. Love the people of that country man. Honestly.

To me it looked like they wanted to beat me up and just steal my money :laugh: But then again I'm not a trusting person haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad