Tribute Leaf Great Borje Salming diagnosed with Lou Gehrig' disease

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Sad and upsetting news. It sucks when you see people stronger than a bull be taken down to a wilted flower with this disease. Wishing him and his family all the best as these are going to be some very difficult times for them.

Reactions: Eddo22

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Oh man… I am devastated right now. He is the reason I am a Leaf fan in the first place. Classy character, as humble as they come. Being around quite a few famous musicians, actors and athletes has made me used to celebrities. That didn’t help at all when I ran into Börje in some stairs in a shop near where he used to live.
I froze, completely star struck. He looked at me in a strange way then smiled and walked past
me. I felt like a total moron, but it seems he was kind of used to that reaction from people.

He is so damn important for at least two generations of hockey players and fans in Sweden, and I have never heard a single person have anything bad to say about him. Pure class.
Since he is a fighter, he will not go down easy. Sending the best wishes to my childhood hero, forever nr. 1 in my book.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
F*ck. That's the worst disease.
What's upsetting is the guy treated his body like a temple even in late age and still gets this.
Doesn't matter how well one takes care of their body when it comes to a disease like ALS. Its your genes playing an unpredictable and undiagnosable trick on your body.

ALS And prion diseases are the absolute f***ing worst.

This sucks.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is sad news to wake up to..

"The King" Salming was such a great Leaf and always one of my favourites of all time.

1660140444855.png

1660140393927.png

Outside of my own Country Canada, Sweden always had a soft spot internationally as a 2nd favourite team to cheer for because of Borje Salming.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Unknown-1.jpeg

Hang the picture above the entrance to the ice with his statement in the face of his next challenge: "I have given it my all and will continue to do so."

I'm a die-hard from the 70s and want to see our club win the Cup. But on the heels of this news - that has just gutted me - of my absolutely favourite Leaf, my first childhood NHL hero...From the bottom of my heart I want us to get the Cup for Borje.

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Really sucks. Just f***ing sucks. Been some really shit news lately. Keep fighting though Borje. All you can do.

Reactions: horner

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
As I stated in a thread on the main board, what shitty news. Such an incredible talent. In a better situation he would have been knocking on that top 10 of all time door. Talked to Jim Mckenney once and he said Salming was the biggest waste of talent he ever saw. Image he’s drafted by the Habs in 71, Oilers in 1980 or Wings in 90.

Reactions: Lilou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad