Leaf Gear Removed in Ottawa

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Way too many Devil's Advocates and feeble little ******* (STH especially) among our fan base if you ask me. Hence why SBP is taken over by Leafs and Habs fans 6+ times a year etc. However, I have seen a change over the last 2 or 3 years. As this organization and fan base grows (up), Im confident it'll all come around.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Way too many Devil's Advocates and feeble little ******* (STH especially) among our fan base if you ask me. Hence why SBP is taken over by Leafs and Habs fans 6+ times a year etc. However, I have seen a change over the last 2 or 3 years. As this organization and fan base grows (up), Im confident it'll all come around.

No it won't, you are wrong.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

You are blaming STH for Leafs and Habs fans being in the building? :laugh: Theres a minority that sell their tickets or are fans of both teams and cheer for their original team when they come, but the problem isnt STH, its the people not buying tickets

How on earth is it the fault of the people that support the team every home game?

Edited in some niceness

Last edited:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
All kidding aside, I'm just an internet troll who wants to watch some god damn hockey already.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
You are blaming STH for Leafs and Habs fans being the building? :laugh: Theres a minority that sell their tickets or are fans of both teams and cheer for their original team when they come, but the problem isnt STH, its the people who ***** about those teams taking over (which they dont) and being too cheap/lazy to buy tickets and go.

How on earth is it the fault of the people that support the team every home game?

What's the Sens season ticket base? Somewhere around 10K? I've been at Leafs or Habs games where I bet there wasn't 4,000 Sens fans throughout the whole building.

I also remember being at a STH forum/event where another STH stepped up and all out called out other STH's in the room for backing out on those specific games etc. It was well said and he was applauded by many others. I specifically remember Cyril Leeder smiling and nodding.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What's the Sens season ticket base? Somewhere around 10K? I've been at Leafs or Habs games where I bet there wasn't 4,000 Sens fans throughout the whole building.

I also remember being at a STH forum/event where another STH stepped up and all out called out other STH's in the room for backing out on those specific games etc. It was well said and he was applauded by many others. I specifically remember Cyril Leeder smiling and nodding.

Wait, I'm not sure I understand this, you need to walk me through it:

We have a STH base of 10-11K, and you're not criticizing the LACK of STH's, (which is an actual legit issue), you're criticizing the ones who are already paying thousands of dollars on the team? Who, without them, our STH base would be below 6-7k?

I dunno, man. Seems to me like priorities are in the wrong place.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Great! This argument again! :sarcasm:

Yep, blame the STH's for the fact that they overrun the building, not the other 10,000 empty seats that no one buys up...

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

Do you have season tickets?

I dont see how you can blame the people that do, and not the people that dont. Hell, dont even blame them for not having STs, blame them for not buying tickets to a SINGLE leaf/hab game.

And I call BS on only 4k sens fans. Ive been to about 90% of the Leafs/Habs games in the last decade and its never even close to that bad. It often SOUNDS much worse than it is because they are in our barn and make it known (just like how 1000 Sens fans at the ACC can make quite a noise when we score there)

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Do you have season tickets?

I dont see how you can blame the people that do, and not the people that dont. Hell, dont even blame them for not having STs, blame them for not buying tickets to a SINGLE leaf/hab game.

And I call BS on only 4k sens fans. Ive been to about 90% of the Leafs/Habs games in the last decade and its never even close to that bad. It often SOUNDS much worse than it is because they are in our barn and make it known (just like how 1000 Sens fans at the ACC can make quite a noise when we score there)

Yes I do and have for 6 seasons now. There's no doubt in my mind that there have been Leafs and Habs games at SBP where the vast majority (70-80%) of the building is wearing opposing colours. YouTube some clips.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This is sad. Stuff like this is about all that embarrasses me about being a Sens fan. Talk about being insecure RSU. Better cover your faces up!

Typical Sens fan reaction. Bury your head in your lap and hide. I am more embarassed by the no show during OUR HOME games against the Leafs and Habs than when we voice our displeasure regarding a rival.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Have you ever gone to a Leafs game in Ottawa, the majority of the crowd are Leaf Fans

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
A lot of you seem to forget that we have what 5% of the number of fans that Toronto and Montreal have... It's a little hard to compare our fanbases...

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Has there ever been a game where Sens fans invaded an opponents rink?

Not that I can recall, but if the season is cancelled I hope Sens fans come out in droves to the Hamilton and back to back Marlies/Bingo games in Hamilton/Toronto the first weekend of March, at least you can actually get tickets to those games.

Hopefully some-one like Senschirp or the RSU organize a bus or something, would love to see it.

Has there ever been a game where any team's fans other than the Leafs or Habs have invaded an opponent's rink?

Quebec Nordique fans?

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Leaf and Hab fans that were born and living in Ottawa are scum, and I have no problem telling them that. Im born and raised in Ottawa, and the moment Ottawa got a team, is the moment I stopped cheering for any other team.

...and since when is it cool to be a classy, politically correct hockey fan?? If someone ever called me classy I'd punch them in the ear. Frigging bunch of Nancys.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Has there ever been a game where any team's fans other than the Leafs or Habs have invaded an opponent's rink?

Detroit and a lot of other teams in the US, certainly Phoenix (even in the old days when they got decent attendance). Rangers fans in New Jersey and the Island.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Leaf and Hab fans that were born and living in Ottawa are scum, and I have no problem telling them that. Im born and raised in Ottawa, and the moment Ottawa got a team, is the moment I stopped cheering for any other team.

I'm Montreal born, and grew up in Montreal *and* Toronto and I am a Sens fan. I really don't care who people cheer for in the grand scheme of things, but I'm always amused by these people who are die hards for the Leafs or Habs, and look down upon Sens fans, but have not even the faintest connection to either city. It's sports reduced to a reality TV show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad