Leaf Gear Removed in Ottawa

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
??? Have you read the thread title and discussion? That's exactly the point here.

The problem is that they only sold leaf items. Leaf only. Nothing Senators. Nothing Habs. Just leafs.

Which is dumb from a business stand point.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I find it hilarious to read all these pencil pusher's excuses about why a Roots store would sell Leafs gear exclusively. It's no surprise we get cheered out of our own barn with this sort of loser mentality. Ugh.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
dont drink at real sports, dont wear fake jerseys, dont shop at roots, dont use bell or rogers... or you're not a real fan.

lol ottawa. i love the sens but this is funny (sad).

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I find it hilarious to read all these pencil pusher's excuses about why a Roots store would sell Leafs gear exclusively. It's no surprise we get cheered out of our own barn with this sort of loser mentality. Ugh.

Agreed not sure if these people are serious, trolls, or lifetime devil's advocates? As a Senators fan i find this display visually offensive and it will do zero to draw me into the store and actually keep me out, that being said i would never begrudge any company for selling opposing teams gear in Ottawa but a display like this??? no dice!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
dont drink at real sports, dont wear fake jerseys, dont shop at roots, dont use bell or rogers... or you're not a real fan.

lol ottawa. i love the sens but this is funny (sad).

Not sure that has ever been stated at all...? That being said how would you classify two fans of a local sports team one of which knowingly chooses to support a rival teams business while the other does not? I suppose i wouldn't call them a more "real" fan but certainly more serious/diehard

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
The problem is that they only sold leaf items. Leaf only. Nothing Senators. Nothing Habs. Just leafs.

Considering what I've read in other articles, it's actually fairly smart from a business standpoint.

Maybe the guy running the store is a Leafs fan. I dunno.
Not sure that has ever been stated at all...? That being said how would you classify two fans of a local sports team one of which knowingly chooses to support a rival teams business while the other does not? I suppose i wouldn't call them a more "real" fan but certainly more serious/diehard

How? It's not like half the fanbase is rushing to Roots to buy Maple Leafs gear. A Roots outlet can hardly constitute a "rival teams business"

Germz

4th liners ftw
Aug 14, 2008
Toronto, ON
Why be whiners when we can be doers?

Instead of sitting on our hands and complaining, we should break into the store and take a dump on the Kessel jerseys. That will show em.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Anyone who spends a cent on NHL merchandise right now is : shakehead worthy.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Personally, I'd like to understand why a company would do something like this without immediately ascribing it to some nefarious partisanship or a deliberate slight against the Ottawa fan base.

But please don't let me stop the rage. Rage on friends. Rage on.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This is sad. Stuff like this is about all that embarrasses me about being a Sens fan. Talk about being insecure RSU. Better cover your faces up!

Yeah your right this type of display from roots should be celebrated in Ottawa :sarcasm:, i would expect this type of attitude from a casual fan but not from someone who seeks an online forum to discuss a professional sports team who's league is currently locked out....i guess i just take my team, town, and sport a little more serious than others!

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah your right this type of display from roots should be celebrated in Ottawa :sarcasm:, i would expect this type of attitude from a casual fan but not from someone who seeks an online forum to discuss a professional sports team who's league is currently locked out....i guess i just take my team, town, and sport a little more serious than others!

Yep. If you say I dont take the Sens seriously it must be true!

Well, that or I dont think its worth berating Roots over and having our fanbase made fun of in the media...Its petty, and it comes across as horribly insecure.

But keep proving how good of a fan you are by complaining to Roots.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
This thread is funny...

It was a poor display, that's all.. No need for a boycott or to go all haywire about it..

Also no need to be embarrassed to be a Sens fan, because people don't like the fact that there is a Leaf only display in an Ottawa store..

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yep. If you say I dont take the Sens seriously it must be true!

Well, that or I dont think its worth berating Roots over and having our fanbase made fun of in the media...Its petty, and it comes across as horribly insecure.

But keep proving how good of a fan you are by complaining to Roots.

I wouldn't personally log a complaint but as i said earlier it wouldn't bring me into their store...the thing that confuses me is the sens fans coming on here and defending the leafs...if the situation were reversed i doubt you would have many leafers showing the same passion towards the sens or any company that supports them!

Margaret Trudeau*

i don't know why yall are jabbering on this so called msg board. What is this, Obamacare talk?

You want to do something you take this city back and get out and protest like your grandfathers did in the 60's.

Monkeyshine these fools and destroy these communist Toronto fans!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I wouldn't personally log a complaint but as i said earlier it wouldn't bring me into their store...the thing that confuses me is the sens fans coming on here and defending the leafs...if the situation were reversed i doubt you would have many leafers showing the same passion towards the sens or any company that supports them!

I'm more embarrassed by the fans who think this is ok and we should let it slide. First off, their reading comprehension isn't good. The fan who made a complaint was complaining about the Leafs display. He was complaining about the complete lack of a Sens display or ANY Sens gear whatsoever.

Again, you would never see this fly in New York or Montreal or even college towns but because we're Ottawa, we're supposed to be totally cool with Toronto fans boasting about their pathetic team in our city.

What a loser mentality people in this town have.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Just seems really stupid, I'd love to meet the store's visual merchandiser, certainly not the brightest.

If you don't know any better, ask for help from someone who does.

Why are people so worried about being viewed as 'petty' or 'insecure'? Seems a little insecure to me... anyone with a brain would realize this would happen in any similar situation (two heated rivals).

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I'm more embarrassed by the fans who think this is ok and we should let it slide. First off, their reading comprehension isn't good. The fan who made a complaint was complaining about the Leafs display. He was complaining about the complete lack of a Sens display or ANY Sens gear whatsoever.

Again, you would never see this fly in New York or Montreal or even college towns but because we're Ottawa, we're supposed to be totally cool with Toronto fans boasting about their pathetic team in our city.

Haha sometimes yes!

Likely not the right thing to do but in times like this i think to myself....what would philly fan do? probably burn that mother to the ground! i have a sort of distant respect for those fans lol

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

What annoys me more is the patronizing tone that a lot of posters here are giving. I find it comical that some accuse the RSU of belittling other Sens fans, when some of the fans here are straight up bashing these ones. Keep in mind RSU has been a part of a lot of fun things such as the Alfie Cheer (obviously in conjunction with HF), Bingo Trips, Senators videos, etc. What have these criticizing fans done to allow them to make these patronizing comments?

Why are people so worried about being viewed as 'petty' or 'insecure'? Seems a little insecure to me... anyone with a brain would realize this would happen in any similar situation (two heated rivals).
Yes, lots of irony in this thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

You would be amazed just HOW many things are only made in Leafs & Habs colors.

How many times has anyone here been looking at displays of NHL branded Christmas ornaments, or kids toys, or slippers, or pyjamas, or any of those kinds of "non-traditional apparel" lines and your only choices are either the Leafs or the Canadiens?

Go to any national-brand store where sports isn't the man focus, and if they sell anything with an NHL license I guarantee you'll have a hard time finding anything but Leafs and Habs products (oh, and Penguins too: gotta peddle "The Crosby Show" to as many kids as possible)

People are like 15 years too late for this sort of outrage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad