Leaf first round playoff schedule

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Yes and wear and tear adds up quickly in the playoffs so it makes sense to say something when the only division playing any back to backs is the Canadian one...no reason not to start the playoffs with the rest seeing as it’s all locked in and the ‘nucks v flames game means literally nothing

plus with o day in between, there is more risk of injury

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Campbell is 4-1-1 against Montreal this year (.918, 2.16)
Andersen is 3-1-0 against Montreal this year (.912, 2.73)

I'm not particularly worried.

regular season means sugar. whatever happened before the postseason will have zero effect come playoff time.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Besides

Both teams in the series have the same situation, it doesn't reward nor punish one team unequally.

Toronto #5 ranked (77 points) vs Montreal #16 & last ranked team (59 points) is already the biggest mismatch on the board in round #1, with the Leafs in a 56 game season finishing nearly +20 points better than their opposition.

In fact there are 2 teams NYR and Dallas that finished ahead of Montreal in the standings and don't even qualify for the playoffs.

If a B2B in this series is the Leafs demise then you're 100% correct.

yeah i guess that is the trade off for playing a team that finished below the league adjusted playoff standings. MTL robbed two other teams of a potential playoff spot. I forgot who they were but NYR maybe is one

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
This post reminds me of that one cat who was always on about the Canadian Branch Plant Division, Patrick O'Thuggo and Ivan Svensky.

I think he was named ArBe maybe....real different cat.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad