Confirmed with Link: Leadership group to be announced this Thursday. No captain.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The funny thing as that all of this Brady vs Chabot stuff has been entirely media and fan driven.

Nothing of the sort has come from the organization at all beyond a snippet of an interview where the owner mentions that a captain on a bridge deal isn’t ideal, and that both Brady and Chabot are solid candidates…. In June.

The negotiation tactic crap has come from Matthew, media, and fans.

Reactions: aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Embarrassing.

Chabot deserves better.

Not saying he is the best candidate for C, Tkachuk included, but the way they used him against Brady and now not even rewarding a guy who is clearly qualified... sad. Just shameful.

Love you, Chabot.

ya chabot is not a bad choice of a captain tbh especially for a market like ottawa and he is going to be here long term if anything it makes him play more responsible and helps him grow as a player

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
They’d possibly wait.

I don’t think they will be voting on Captain, that’s usually a coaching or management decision. Think the last time I was on a team where the players voted for captain was in PeeWee
Montreal did it with Pacioretty. It was a players vote.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Next summer: If Norris signs an 8 year contract, he gets the C.

same agent best buds with Brady I’m not expecting a smooth contract Pierre needs to act like a f***ing gm and work on Norris whenever there is an outcome for tkachuk

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That’s Garrioch for you. The insider who had no idea Batherson deal was coming. This tweet contains his article from the day before Batherson signed. All the info is from Mark Master’s speaking with Drake.

Garrioch is not the Org’s mouthpiece he is just someone who says things so the org won’t blackball him.

I guess he gets a titbit once in awhile.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Good, the team doesn't have a true leader yet imo. Pinto and Norris might be able to make a case in a few years if they continue having success

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
0, he will sign for 1 year like stone did
So how does it work again? If he signs a bridge we get him for 3 years and then at a minimum of 1 year after the bridge? So total of 4 years is the worst case scenario unless we trade him before that?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I was asking myself this same question earlier, and I think this one is worse, as implausible as it may seem lol.

So last year they did too much and it blew up in their faces. This year, they tried to keep it low profile and not do anything, and it is also blowing up in our faces?

I mean, the season could go better than we're thinking but hard to be "excited" right now

Last year was worse let’s be real. They assembled the worst defence anyone had ever seen.

Yeah, hard to be worse than last year. I just can't go over how bad the Stepan/Balcers deals/situations were.

Zub and Brannstrom instantly made it much much better and even waived guy Victor Mete later in the season...

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So last year they did too much and it blew up in their faces. This year, they tried to keep it low profile and not do anything, and it is also blowing up in our faces?

I mean, the season could go better than we're thinking but hard to be "excited" right now

Yeah, hard to be worse than last year. I just can't go over how bad the Stepan/Balcers deals/situations were.

Zub and Brannstrom instantly made it much much better and even waived guy Victor Mete later in the season...

I think that’s pretty accurate. It’s like last year, I bought my wife a vaccum cleaner for her birthday. She wasn’t happy. This year, I thought I’d keep a low profile and got her nothing. She’s not happy. Ridiculous, there’s no pleasing that woman.

:sarcasm:

(I did neither of those things, I’m not suicidal)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think that’s pretty accurate. It’s like last year, I bought my wife a vaccum cleaner for her birthday. She wasn’t happy. This year, I thought I’d keep a low profile and got her nothing. She’s not happy. Ridiculous, there’s no pleasing that woman.

I used to buy her a house every second year but she was complaining that we were moving too much! I mean, it's because of the moves I make that she doesn't have to work!

(if you have the secret recipe to perfection let me know!)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So how does it work again? If he signs a bridge we get him for 3 years and then at a minimum of 1 year after the bridge? So total of 4 years is the worst case scenario unless we trade him before that?

yep, and Sens will absolutely trade him then let him walk for nothing

Reactions: SensFactor

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

This is honestly the perfect analogy for how the last two off-seasons have gone for Dorion, except our vacuum cleaner was defective and made the floor dirtier.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Embarrassing.

Chabot deserves better.

Not saying he is the best candidate for C, Tkachuk included, but the way they used him against Brady and now not even rewarding a guy who is clearly qualified... sad. Just shameful.

Love you, Chabot.

This is building into something that may not be, we have no idea how Chabot feels about what is going on & it seems media driven. I'm quite sure that Chabot will still be the face of the franchise with French media & advertising, he may not feel as comfortable with english media especially when things are not going well. Tkachuk can handle the english media better & can handle the room whereas Chabot seems much quieter.

"C" Chabot
"A" Norris
"A" Pinto
"A" Sanderson

That looks pretty solid.

:laugh: ... a rookie & a guy who isn't even on the team yet ... :laugh: :thumbd:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chabot is this teams leader. Plays more then anyone, committed long term, and is our most important piece. Every cup winner needs a defender that can eat up 27+ minutes a game. Now give him the C and get him some help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad