Confirmed with Link: Leadership group to be announced this Thursday. No captain.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Makes the bargaining through the media for the C look even more idiotic :laugh:

That has been by far the worst-handled aspect of these negotiations, imo.

Choose the best guy. If we lose a captain in a few years, so be it. Thankfully, it looks like we really do have a handful of good options in-house.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That has been by far the worst-handled aspect of these negotiations, imo.

Choose the best guy. If we lose a captain in a few years, so be it. Thankfully, it looks like we really do have a handful of good options in-house.
Pathetic IMO. Used Chabot in the media when they obviously had no intention of going anywhere else but Tkachuk, evidenced by not even having Tkachuk signed and not giving out the C to the other guy who is signed long term :laugh:

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Pathetic IMO. Used Chabot in the media when they obviously had no intention of going anywhere else but Tkachuk, evidenced by not even having Tkachuk signed and not giving out the C to the other guy who is signed long term :laugh:
If anyone can handle it, it's Chabot. I don't necessarily think he's bothered and, honestly, I still see him getting the C at some point down the road unless Brady is here longterm, which is looking less and less likely. But definitely bush-league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Question for you.

If the intent is to allow the player's to vote for their next captain, do you think they'd hold off or do it prior to Tkachuk signing?

I think the team poisoned the well by even mentioning the word captain in relation to Tkachuk and a long term deal, but had they never uttered anything, this situation might be seen as normal/reasonable given the circumstances

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Question for you.

If the intent is to allow the player's to vote for their next captain, do you think they'd hold off or do it prior to Tkachuk signing?

I think the team poisoned the well by even mentioning the word captain in relation to Tkachuk and a long term deal, but had they never uttered anything, this situation might be seen as normal/reasonable given the circumstances

I think the situation would be very reasonable had they not mentioned it.

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Question for you.

They’d possibly wait.

I don’t think they will be voting on Captain, that’s usually a coaching or management decision. Think the last time I was on a team where the players voted for captain was in PeeWee

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If anyone can handle it, it's Chabot. I don't necessarily think he's bothered and, honestly, I still see him getting the C at some point down the road unless Brady is here longterm, which is looking less and less likely. But definitely bush-league.

I'm 100 percent sure it bothers Chabot. They are basically saying he's not their favorite child despite him helping/caring more than the entitled, spoiled sibling.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'm 100 percent sure it bothers Chabot. They are basically saying he's not their favorite child despite him helping/caring more than the entitled, spoiled sibling.

Oh, you're 100% sure? That's interesting, because he gave an interview with Wally & Methot where he spoke extensively about it and gave a distinct impression to the contrary. Yawn.
They’d possibly wait.

I don’t think they will be voting on Captain, that’s usually a coaching or management decision. Think the last time I was on a team where the players voted for captain was in PeeWee
I thought the same but I definitely remember hearing about NHL teams holding votes recently... might have just "informed the decision" that was ultimately made by coach/management, but I remember it distinctly because it was so surprising to me.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Oh, you're 100% sure? That's interesting, because he gave an interview with Wally & Methot where he spoke extensively about it and gave a distinct impression to the contrary. Yawn.

I thought the same but I definitely remember hearing about NHL teams holding votes recently... might have just "informed the decision" that was ultimately made by coach/management, but I remember it distinctly because it was so surprising to me.

what's else do you think he's going to say?

It would bother anyone.

Reactions: jbeck5

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad