GDT: Le Train De L'Optimisme! - Devils @ Canadiens, 7:30 PM EST, MSG+2 (AGAIN!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Getting outshot by Montreal 49-21 is like even further past Lou, Oates, Stevens, Hydra territory.

Otherwise known as the N. Bench on hockey reference.

I think we were outshot 42-23 or something in Montreal when they were behind the bench. Only we took about 8 penalties and Zubrus had that double minor from what I remember.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
First two goals rattled Cory. Interfered with on the first and Lappin boots an own goal on the second.

Didn't look like he recovered after that. Team also let him get wacked all night.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The D is too soft with Auvitu, Moore, and Severson all in. And Greene isn't all that physical either. Get Santini a game so he can clear the damn crease.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah they didn't really push back at all after that nonsense. Even more aggravating is they let guys whack away at Cory all night, just very weak near the crease and keeping guys out of Corys face. It's been happening all season.

I'm actually a bit more aggravated now, they seem a bit meh about it

This reminds me of the Devils that let the Rangers push them around in 2008, when Parise got his teeth knocked out and nobody did **** about it during the playoffs, that set a tone.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm actually a bit more aggravated now, they seem a bit meh about it

This reminds me of the Devils that let the Rangers push them around in 2008, when Parise got his teeth knocked out and nobody did **** about it during the playoffs, that set a tone.

Cory had choice words to say about it actually. Pretty much said it was uncalled for, and he was ready to go get involved but Hynes gave him the signal not to go fight.

Palms was more concerned with the loss. He didn't want to talk about it.

That said their play came off like a whipped puppy. Almost like they were scared by big bad goon Price.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with Cory at first but he wasn't happy with it at all, called the blocker a weapon.

Palms took the high road at first but I think he didn't want to say anything about the refs. He did get a bit more animated when he said he was defenseless taking blocker shots to the head and ribs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Oh of course...cause this is one instance where you want as much gray area as possible :rant:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with Cory at first but he wasn't happy with it at all, called the blocker a weapon.

Palms took the high road at first but I think he didn't want to say anything about the refs. He did get a bit more animated when he said he was defenseless taking blocker shots to the head and ribs.

Ehh I'm ok with Palms taking the high road there. As long as his teammates call it out, and I felt Cory did even if he was diplomatic about it.

What I don't like is how they did not protect or show fire about it during the game. The response to ******** shouldn't be to do a Charmin impression.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Price is trash. I don't give a **** how he was injured in the past. He's a gutless ****ing punk. Let's see if the league has the stones to suspend him.

That said, NJ's response to that garbage was even more pathetic and they deservedly got their ***** beat. This was a really poor game.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
PJ Stock said this about it. "First off, I love Carey Price. But-how is he allowed 4 blocker punches 2 a defenceless player. Price should've punched Petry. Shoulda been 5"

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Price is trash. I don't give a **** how he was injured in the past. He's a gutless ****ing punk. Let's see if the league has the stones to suspend him.

That said, NJ's response to that garbage was even more pathetic and they deservedly got their ***** beat. This was a really poor game.

Can't wait for them to get blasted in the playoffs again. I predict it every year, yet get gaggles of Habs fans telling me that the spirit of 1993 is so strong and I don't know what I'm talking about.

They might win a round or two if they luck into a weak opponent, especially one with suspect goaltending.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Wouldn't have mattered if Montoya came in. MTL was still going to get 50 shots on goal either way

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fact remains we are in the toughest part of our schedule. It is road heavy, we are playing lots of really tough teams. The only thing we can realistically hope for is to keep their heads above water until the schedule turns.

They did that with the Nashville and Canucks game. Now they need to manage to get points out of the next two as well to offset tonight.

It is going to be tough sledding until we get another home stand and can get some practices in. I can't imagine how exhausting this stretch has been. We have played the most road games in the league. It is crazy they are where they are still with the ways things have shaken out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wouldn't have mattered if Montoya came in. MTL was still going to get 50 shots on goal either way

I agree with you here.

We had 4 legit scoring chances all night and scored on 2 of them. We hit the outside of the post a couple times too, which didn't even seem to be threatening. Probably wouldn't have gone in anyway.

Price probably can't remember the last time his team had that strong of a defensive game. He probably didn't even play there the last time they had a shot differential that huge in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was before he was even born.:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Predictably soft letdown game after they coasted in the 3rd vs Vanc

I wanted at least 2 points in this back to back.

STL is a heavy team that gives us fits and they are also coming off a loss to a torrid NYb squad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Getting outshot 49-21 by Montreal is pathetic. Therrien probably can't even believe how his team was able to outshoot ANY team in the NHL by a damn near 2.5 margin.

Getting outshot 49-21 by Montreal is like N. Bench territory. Cheers to whoever gets the N. Bench reference and knows what that means. I know my man NJD1982 will get the reference.:laugh:

This is the kind of game where in the Lou era you WOULD have to worry about a coaching change soon after and N. Bench making another appearance.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Oh, and Price showed why he will melt again in the playoffs.
He's not mentally strong.

If the league had any stones thet will suspend Price.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the kind of game where in the Lou era you WOULD have to worry about a coaching change soon after and N. Bench making another appearance.

Haha I can't help but laugh any time I see N. Bench typed out.:laugh:

This is the kind of game that Bobby Holik would scream at everybody and tell the media allowing 40+ shots was unacceptable.

Before this season, I can't remember the last time we allowed 49 shots in a game and we've done it twice now. I would say the last time before this was probably in a multi-OT playoff game. Well, we did supposedly allow 50 shots in Marty's first shutout at MSG right after New Years of 2010. That was the most shots he faced in a single game in the regular season, if I recall correctly. I think he faced around 50 in game 5 of the 2000 finals or close to it.

I remember allowing 42 shots or something (definitely no more 45 shots) back in the early 00's when Holik was still here the first time and he said ''We can't allow him to face 40+ shots, that's completely unacceptable''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad