GDT: Le Train De L'Optimisme! - Devils @ Canadiens, 7:30 PM EST, MSG+2 (AGAIN!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
All aboard the optimism train!

tumblr_inline_nlqthgFDOk1qii98t.gif
tumblr_inline_nlqthqpp0B1qii98t.gif

john-moore-and-adam-henrique-of-the-new-jersey-devils-celebrate-after-picture-id499083754

Your New Jersey Devils (12-7-6) @ Montreal Canadiens (17-6-3)

5447c8267889a.jpg

vs.

ohlookpricegoal.jpg

Last Game:

giphy.gif

8401-new-jersey-devils.jpg

Devils Lineup (Subject to Change):

#9 Taylor Hall - #14 Adam Henrique (A) - #11 P.A. Parenteau

#13 Michael Cammalleri (A) - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #21 Kyle Palmieri

#8 Beau Bennett - #51 Sergey Kalinin - #25 Devante Smith-Pelly

#44 Miles Wood - #38 Vernon Fiddler - #36 Nick Lappin

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #28 Damon Severson

#33 Yohann Auvitu - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#2 John Moore - #22 Kyle Quincey

#35 Cory Schneider (9-6-4, 2.60 GAA, .912 SV%)
#1 Keith Kinkaid (3-1-2, 2.59 GAA, .928 SV%)

Scratches:
#7 Jon Merrill (healthy)
#16 Jacob Josefson (healthy)
#37 Pavel Zacha (facial laceration)

Leaders:

Goals: Cammalleri - 9
Assists - Zajac - 13
Points - Zajac - 21
+/- - Quincey - 9
PIM - Moore - 27
PPG - Zajac/Hall - 3
SHG - Fiddler/Greene - 1
GWG - Hall/Cammalleri - 2

montreal_canadiens-1163.jpg

Montreal Lineup

#67 Max Pacioretty (C) - #24 Phillip Danault - #47 Alexander Radulov
#62 Arturri Lehkonen - #14 Tomas Plekanec (A) - #11 Brendan Gallagher (A)
#42 Sven Andrighetto - #65 Andrew Shaw - #43 Daniel Carr
#41 Paul Byron - #17 Torrey Mitchell - #32 Brian Flynn

#74 Alexei Emelin - #6 Shea Webster (A)
#79 Andrei Markov (A) - #26 Jeff Petry Dish
#28 Nathan Beaulieu - #8 Greg Pateryn

#31 Carey Price (14-3-1, 1.82 GAA, .942 SV%)
#35 Al "My Name is Not Inigo" Montoya (3-3-2, 3.09 GAA, .903 SV%)

Scratches:
#20 Zach Redmond (healthy)
#27 Alex Galchenyuk (knee, 6-8 weeks)
#51 David Desharnais (knee, 6-8 weeks)

Leaders:
Goals - Galchenyuk - 9
Assists - Radulov/Markov - 16
Points - Galchenyuk - 23
+/- - Weber - 16
PIM - Shaw - 58
PPG - Weber - 7
SHG - Byron/Plekanec - 1
GWG - Weber/Pacioretty - 3

scrubs-banjo-2-o.gif

Quotes via Andrew Gross http://www.northjersey.com/blog/fireandice/:

Taylor Hall on his hit on Philip Larsen:

“I’m looking to make contact there but I never want to see a guy laying on the ice like that,†said Hall, who scored his seventh goal of the season. “I only know how to play the game one way and you’ve got to play it hard. I feel terrible when you see him laying on the ice like that. I just would have loved to make a hit there and continue to play. I hope he’s all right.†“It makes me feel a little better than everyone is saying it was a clean hit and everyone agrees,†Hall added. “In that sense, I don’t have any regrets over what I did. I tried to keep all my extremities kind of in close and I just wanted to make contact chest to chest and sometimes it doesn’t work out like that.â€

Ben Lovejoy on his game winning goal:

“It’s the best,†Lovejoy said. “I would gladly trade positions with Taylor Hall or (Michael) Cammalleri or Palmieri. I would love to score 30 goals but I’ve never had that in my game. I block shots and hit people and try to play good defense for a living. It’s an awesome job. But scoring is the best. I wish I did it more often.†“I was worried that Palmieri was going to try and take it, like it glanced off his pants or something,†Lovejoy said with a smile. “He did a great job in front of the net. I’m not beating too many goalies from that deep without a screen. He certainly helped me.â€

P.A. Parenteau on breaking his pointless streak:

“It was a rough stretch of games for me,†Parenteau said. “I’ve got to stay with it. That’s not the first time in my career I’ve gotten in a slump like that.

“I’m just happy to help the team win, I’ve felt pretty useless the last few games,†Parenteau added. “I didn’t get much done. It’s nice to get on the scoresheet and make some plays again. I had a good chat with Hynsie this morning. He was good about it. It was kind of a wake-up call. I think you need it sometimes. Not only about not producing but, sometimes when you’re not producing, you get away from your game and you start looking for other things and you don’t compete as hard. You’re puck watching. You’ve got to get back to basics and I think I did that tonight.â€

Happier Times in Montreal:

If we come away empty handed, someone will be riding **** hole in the back of the bus! (For those Goon lovers):

Let's take another one in 60 minutes!

Dr.-Cox-Dancing-For-Elliot-On-Scrubs-Gif.gif

Time to get a streak rolling! LGD!

tgy_me.gif

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
We usually show up to play in MTL... aside for the rare 1 or 2 clunkers. I expect a good effort from us tonight. Hope the guys come out flying and play as a 5 man unit all over the ice.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
With Montreal down 2 forwards and Price in net I figure it's going to be a 1-1, 2-1 game. Probably going to OT. Can't let Weber take open shots with his cannon.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
We usually show up to play in MTL... aside for the rare 1 or 2 clunkers. I expect a good effort from us tonight. Hope the guys come out flying and play as a 5 man unit all over the ice.

We normally showed up because of the Marty homecoming factor, I'm fuzzy on the past few seasons though and how we fared there.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
They've got what it takes, just need to keep up the kind of effort they had going Tuesday night.

Get to pucks, win those battles, and LGD!

Camille the Eel

We match up pretty well with them actually because they are like us, trying to play the speed game and they are not a team who pressures the puck a lot and physically tries to break and wear you down. (Those are the clubs we struggle with). So tonight it boils down to who buries their chances, who gets the bounces, who's goalie stops what.

In other words the classic sports cliché of "who makes the plays."

davieboynj

Dec 7, 2016
We normally showed up because of the Marty homecoming factor, I'm fuzzy on the past few seasons though and how we fared there.

Was thinking the same thing. I'd be happy to sign Marty just to play against Les Habs, Then back to the cryo chamber with him.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
We are so the red-headed stepchild of msg. Does anyone know when our tv contract expires with them?

Thank goodness I have DirecTV. I don't give a crap that its expensive. At least I get the games in HD no matter whether its MSG, 1, 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad