Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
tenor.gif

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Has anyone asked him how he felt about playing with two time Norris winner Duncan Keith and being on a team that would've made the playoffs this season had their starter not gotten concussed and missed most of the year? Because I feel he'd be pretty happy with that possibility as well.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
:laugh: And here i thought Vancouver was a place where careers go to die, If Dahlin wants to win a cup in his future. It surely isn't happening in Vancouver.

Yeah, because I'm so sure it would happen in Detroit with Ken Holland leading the charge :laugh:

He isn't going to say he doesn't want to play for Vancouver. With that being said - the Canucks have a lot of Swedes that could help him transition in and he's been gushing over Pettersson and what he's going to do in the NHL. Would not surprise me at all if they were good friends.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
He's got a greater chance of winning a cup in Detroit, Before his career is over then Vancouver. How many cups has Vancouver won compared to Detroit again.

They are both trash teams

Except detroit looks like they aren't bad enough to bottom out or even remotely good enough to make the playoffs.
Detroit doesnt even have a good prospect pool.

At least vancouver has an above average prospect pool.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, because I'm so sure it would happen in Detroit with Ken Holland leading the charge :laugh:

He isn't going to say he doesn't want to play for Vancouver. With that being said - the Canucks have a lot of Swedes that could help him transition in and he's been gushing over Pettersson and what he's going to do in the NHL. Would not surprise me at all if they were good friends.
Ken Holland wont be leading the charge here much longer, His days are numbered we all know that, And Detroit also has tons of Swedes that could help him transition as well. Plus new Arena an original 6 team pretty sure he'd rather be in Detroit then Vancouver.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Ken Holland wont be leading the charge here much longer, His days are numbered we all know that, And Detroit also has tons of Swedes that could help him transition as well. Plus new Arena an original 6 team pretty sure he'd rather be in Detroit then Vancouver.

Meh, Vancouver is such a nice city and everyone knows about the reputation Detroit as a city has earned. Original 6 doesn't matter, playing for a Canadian franchise where the Canucks are the only major sports team means all people in Vancouver that are sports fan are pretty much die hard Canucks fans. Preeeettttyyy sure he would rather be in Vancouver.

Regardless, it's not really up to him as much as it is up to the draft lottery.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Wow.
Dahlin must be a saint for choosing to live in Detroit.

If he had his way He'd probably want any California or Florida team.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'd love to see him land with a Canadian based team. It would be fitting since the original trail blazer Borje Salming came over to play in Canada.

Canucks sure. Sens, Habs, Oilers and even Sabres would be a great spot for Dahlin to land 1st overall.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Hopefully the Canucks miss out on Dahlin. The Flames would be doomed having to play against 2 generational players as their main rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad