LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Drafted into a bit of a rough situation , well duh otherwise they wouldn't have gotten to draft at #1 , so its going to be interesting . The Sabres defense next him and Ristolainen doesn't look very promising and the coaching staff doesn't exactly inspire much confidence either . We have to see how he handles that. There's no veteran he can even really lean on outside of the maybe coach Housley.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1 game or not, considering all the nuts-o hype, pretty mediocre performance to me.
...but then again you can look at it relatively, which, i suppose changes the view, slightly

His team lost 4 zip, didn't have a single shot on goal, was -2, didn't show that
excellent side of his game what he did show in the SHL last season.

I think, highlight (only) of his game was that hit, which was highlighted a bit too much if you ask me.

Multiple rookies performed way better in their opening games what Dahlin.

---

One day (2-4 years from now) he will be one of the best (if not the best ever) but at the moment..
he is obviously not NHL ready d-man. - far from it, just hoping that they don't ruin his development
by, now hasting his come to the big leagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
You cant expect a 18 year old rookie d-man to step in and produce points for your team in his first game in NHL even if he is the first overall pick it is not as easy as it is for a forward especially in a team like Sabres that is not in a good shape and when the offensive players doesnt produce either

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Dahlin will have a much tougher time in Buffalo than Heiskanen of course. Add to that the maturity level of Heiskanen. He is looking like a vet out there

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
1 game or not, considering all the nuts-o hype, pretty mediocre performance to me.
...but then again you can look at it relatively, which, i suppose changes the view, slightly

His team lost 4 zip, didn't have a single shot on goal, was -2, didn't show that

I think, highlight (only) of his game was that hit, which was highlighted a bit too much if you ask me.

---

One day (2-4 years from now) he will be one of the best (if not the best ever) but at the moment..
he is obviously not NHL ready d-man. - far from it, just hoping that they don't ruin his development

He was -1 for starters.

He was really good. The hype didnt say he would be the best player as soon as he entered the ice, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin or Mcdavid wasnt either. Neither was Gretzky or Lemieux btw.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Dahlin will have a much tougher time in Buffalo than Heiskanen of course. Add to that the maturity level of Heiskanen. He is looking like a vet out there
Dahlin is extremely mature for his age as well. But why are we even bringing up Heiskanen in this thread?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I doubt it and I like Heiskanen a lot and think he is a really good player and special talent. He isn't Dahlin and I think to suggest that because one had a stronger game on opening night they are somehow way out in front doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I mean one team played a very angry Stanley Cup contender looking to bounce back from an ugly opening night themselves while the Stars got a slow out of the gate Coyotes.

Playing a team that has already skated and been embarrassed so they are ornery is sort of a different evaluation. There always seems to be a pretty big advantage in the teams getting their second game versus a team getting their first in my opinion.

I like both players but, Dahlin is the highest I have been on a defensive prospect since Berard. So for me at least one night doesn't change the pecking order here, especially since they played vastly different teams with different factors going into the game.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

---

He was by all accounts Buffalo’s best d-man, but sure, not NHL ready.
Also not -2. You didnt even manage to look at the boxscore correctly.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Buffalos best player or clearly not NHL ready seems to be the conclusion from his first game. Did not see the game myself, but kind of wish I had now.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalos best player or clearly not NHL ready seems to be the conclusion from his first game. Did not see the game myself, but kind of wish I had now.

The "clearly not NHL ready" comments are coming from IPS and GeorgeLeafer12 - two Leafs fans. I know one of those guys pretty much has next to no credibility on these boards. The other probably doesn't either.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He was by far Buffalo's best player and after Boston's top line the best player on the ice. It was embarrassing how much better he looked than any of his teammates. He really exposes how stupid and bad at passing most of the Sabres players are.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Hasn't looked good at all so far. A victim of hype. Poor kid might need a couple years to blossom but he's nowhere near what HFBoards makes him out to be.

Expectations seriously need to get tempered around here at times.
he was our best d man last game, what are you talking about ?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Seen 3 out of 4 periods so far of Buffalo. Not even kidding Last years Frölunda with Dahlin in it would match up good against this Buffalo. They're absolutely brutal

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't think he was able to touch the puck even once outside the defensive zone that period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad