LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I don't even know what to say after that game. He's an absolute f***ing prodigy. Excitement is through the roof :)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Trust me, as a Buffalo fan I felt the same way when you guys got Babcock, Matthews + Marner, when Liljegren fell into your laps and when you signed JT... lol.

It’s tough because I (obviously) hate the leafs, but I love watching Matthews + Marner play.

Buffalo has a long way to go to catch up, but it’d be great if buffalo and Toronto had a legit playoff rivalry for years to come.

Yeah, Mittelstadt didn’t really stand out last night. Not exactly sure what was up with him, but he’s usually a lot more impressive when I’ve watched him play. I mean, he wasn’t bad or anything. Just didn’t stand out as much as usual.

Very curious to see how he does tonight.

Feel that way no more, Dahlin is a special player. It'd be really cool to see the Sabres push for a playoff spot this season.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The way he took command of the ice in every way last night reminded me of a young Raymond Bourque, including the big hit.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Does Buffalo have the prospect tournaments streamed like the Traverse City prospect tournament? If so can someone share a link.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Does Buffalo have the prospect tournaments streamed like the Traverse City prospect tournament? If so can someone share a link.

It's blocked out for anyone outside of Buffalo on Sabres website. Last night, someone posted a YouTube link. I am hoping for the same tonight - I need my Dahlin fix.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
One of few bright spots for the Sabres in the 1st game. He will probably be forced to spend a majority of this season in his own zone though, maybe not a bad thing in the longer run.

Last edited:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
He was the best player on the ice for the Sabres last night... in his first game... as an 18 year old... playing one of the hardest positions in the game.

I don’t know how to feel about that, exactly.

Reactions: Aerrol

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's only going to get better with more games under his belt. Watch out in the 2nd half of the year. Playing D is the hardest thing for a 18 year old. When it clicks in for a player of Dahlin's talent, it will be a scary and wondrous thing to watch.

Reactions: Slimmy and Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
A lot of my fellow Oilers fans have enjoyed some snickering that Dahlin hasn't turned around the Sabres in one game, but I feel like they've totally forgotten that McDavid was also pretty tentative to start his rookie season. I expect Dahlin to do similarly (though maybe not as quickly jump to true superstardom) this year. He's impressed me in the preseason bits I caught.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
A lot of my fellow Oilers fans have enjoyed some snickering that Dahlin hasn't turned around the Sabres in one game, but I feel like they've totally forgotten that McDavid was also pretty tentative to start his rookie season. I expect Dahlin to do similarly (though maybe not as quickly jump to true superstardom) this year. He's impressed me in the preseason bits I caught.
McDavid had a way better supporting cast. You were reslly on your way to build something. Chiarelli really did a number on you...

Buffalo won’t be good for Dahlin. You learn way more from success and good mentors.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
McDavid had a way better supporting cast. You were reslly on your way to build something. Chiarelli really did a number on you...

Buffalo won’t be good for Dahlin. You learn way more from success and good mentors.

I dunno about that. McDavids rookie season was a mess too and I think Buffalo SHOULD have enough pieces to work themselves into a playoff spot, but I feel like I've been saying that yearly for a while. I think prospects of Dahlin's calibre should grow with the challenge. They have long track records of doing so in the past. As long as Dahlin is getting ice time to develop, he'll be fine I think.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

To think they could've had:

LD-McDavid-XXX
Hall-Nuge-Eberle

And the pick that resulted in Barzal traded for Reinhart lmao so really:

LD-McDavid-XXX
Hall-Barzal-Eberle

And they got rid of that for Lucic, Reinhart and Larsson...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hasn't looked good at all so far. A victim of hype. Poor kid might need a couple years to blossom but he's nowhere near what HFBoards makes him out to be.

Expectations seriously need to get tempered around here at times.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Hasn't looked good at all so far. A victim of hype. Poor kid might need a couple years to blossom but he's nowhere near what HFBoards makes him out to be.

Expectations seriously need to get tempered around here at times.

he's played 1 game lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad