LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, Big Ten (2018, 7th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Benning was high on this pick and said he would've chosen Hughers over Zadina. I think we got the 2nd best defense man in the draft!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
to get him to announce his brother's name in Vancouver will be unreal. but a lot of things has to go right (wrong) for it to happen. I'd rather he stay in school for one more year for this reason, as they were joking that he's already Vancouver's best defenseman.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Benning was high on this pick and said he would've chosen Hughers over Zadina. I think we got the 2nd best defense man in the draft!

I'm happy with Hughes but I would have rioted in the streets if we had a chance at Zadina and passed on him.

Not sure if Benning is just supporting the pick he ended up with, but I'm glad I didn't have to watch him make that decision.

Reactions: Pouliot

Curved Space

Apr 9, 2006
I believe Benning when he says he would have taken Hughes over Zadina. He knows our team needs a defenseman that can lead the way on offense more than anything else.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I'm happy with Hughes but I would have rioted in the streets if we had a chance at Zadina and passed on him.

Not sure if Benning is just supporting the pick he ended up with, but I'm glad I didn't have to watch him make that decision.

Whats with Vancouverites and rioting on the streets?

Reactions: suprvilce

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Just a reminder for those that question his defensive ability.

Quinn Hughes was on the ice for 1 goal againat during thr World Championships. ONE !

Laughably, that 1 goal againat was vs South Korea when USA won 13-1.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
always wanted him, there were a few guys I wanted, very happy to have him in our system.

Canucks have done well drafting Americans just in general, from R.J Umberger, Ryan Kesler, Schneider, Boeser, Gaudette, the list goes on, very happy, quite shocking actually, didn't think Hughes was there, I was actually expecting Hughes to be gone, which left us with Boqvist,Bouchard, Dobson, but everything worked out.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The way he skates with the puck is downright fun to watch.

He is a hockey fans dream, Just a exciting, dynamic, and extremely skilled playmaking defender.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Happy for Canucks fans that you guys got him. Really wished the Devils got him, but one, totally cool with Ty Smith, and two, also happy Canucks fans have another good piece to add to some other really damn good pieces that will hopefully build that team back up again.

I’m happy with this pick, he seems like one heck of a player. Add on pieces to our core.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
kobm3fakbo511.jpg

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

They look so young lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad