LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, Big Ten (2018, 7th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I see some Canucks fans are already concerned with Hughes's height and body type, which is hilarious. He's the second most talented player in the draft and can be a star in the NHL. Excellent pick.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I see some Canucks fans are already concerned with Hughes's height and body type, which is hilarious. He's the second most talented player in the draft and can be a star in the NHL. Excellent pick.
????????

90% people are going apeshit here in Van

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Vancouver fans will also be concerned about body type. Hughes is too short, Pettersson is too light, Juolevi is too fat

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Besides Dahlin—there was no player better suited for the Canucks rebuild than Quinn Hughes. He's the perfect complement to the skill and speed they already have up and coming in Boeser, Petterson, Dahlen, and Gaudette.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Well it's a risk for sure.

There are about 6 good defencemen in the NHL that are 5'10" and under.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Is this Dobson’s burner account?

The group of four D are all too Close to separate one from the rest right now. It cokes down tonpersonal preference so discounted one over another is just your opinion.

For me, it goes :
Hughes
Boqvist
Bouchard
Dobson
Correct

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

lawrence

May 19, 2012
d3kJ14l.gif

Jimbo's reaction when Zadina and Hughes were still available lmfao

anyone have the youtube video of the draft, of the Canucks before their draft? John Weisbrod was pretty much laughing like a kid when Detroit Picked Zadina.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Canucks have now made 3 great first picks in their last 4 years of the draft. I love this pick. Hughes is going to be dynamite setting up Boeser and Petterson.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
New highlight video that focuses Hughes in the WC, his skating his phenomenal, very unique player.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hughes reminds me of a young doughty before he was tamed by sutter.

A lot of niedermayer in him too.

Those types of players I find mesmerizing to watch

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hughes sure looks exciting. How does he compare to Maker?

Hughes controls the game from the back-end, very good at zone entry, he's a one man break out machine and sets up the play. Makar is very good in the offensive zone when the play is setup, however he's not a puck carrier.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hughes controls the game from the back-end, very good at zone entry, he's a one man break out machine and sets up the play. Makar is very good in the offensive zone when the play is setup, however he's not a puck carrier.

You can certainly like Hughes better, but Makar is definitely a puck carrier. It's one of his primary strengths.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
You can certainly like Hughes better, but Makar is definitely a puck carrier. It's one of his primary strengths.

nope, I actually watch college games and have been following Makar, he's not a break out type of defenceman that skate into the offensive zone. He does however provide very good offensive support, as soon the play is set up, then he works his magic. With Hughes however, the game flows through him and commands the puck distribution.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
nope, I actually watch college games and have been following Makar, he's not a break out type of defenceman that skate into the offensive zone. He does however provide very good offensive support, as soon the play is set up, then he works his magic. With Hughes however, the game flows through him and commands the puck distribution.

I watched all but two of his college games this past season and I can tell you that you are about as wrong as a person can be in my opinion. I think most people who are familiar with him would agree. If you want to post a poll or start a discussion, I encourage you to do so, because I think it will reinforce how extreme in the minority that your opinion is.

But I am not going to spend any more time on the matter, life is far too short to waste precious moments arguing over something so mundane.

Have a nice evening.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Makar is a tremendous puck carrier don’t be ridiculous now. Hughes is outstanding as well, probably even better than Makar in that regard, but Makar is still great at it. That’s probably why Benning wanted Makar so badly last year. He missed him last draft but got a guy in Hughes who also has that ability to nullify a forecheck with his skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad