LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, Big Ten (2018, 7th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
I just find his excuse that he couldn't train for it a bit hollow. The kid spent a year at a university with a world class weight room and played a lesser schedule than players in Junior. Yeah, he was at the Worlds, but he could have put work in during the last off-season and during the regular season. He had pretty much a full month between the Frozen Four and the Worlds.

Its minor at the end of the day, but people do like to see the competitiveness of guys. For example, Dobson who only had 3 days between the end of the Memorial Cup and the start of the NHL combine fully participated.

There is no doubt in my mind that Dobson, for all his achievements last season, will be the #2 D selected.

As much as Hugues played a short stint against men, over 100 games played by Dobson always facing off the best opponents' forwards and winning the Memorial Cup being the best D on the ice should tell something to scouts and GMs....

I don't know much of Dahlin , but he's got to be a hell of a player to be ahead of Dobson.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There is no doubt in my mind that Dobson, for all his achievements last season, will be the #2 D selected.

As much as Hugues played a short stint against men, over 100 games played by Dobson always facing off the best opponents' forwards and winning the Memorial Cup being the best D on the ice should tell something to scouts and GMs....

I don't know much of Dahlin , but he's got to be a hell of a player to be ahead of Dobson.

and Hughes was one of the best players in college hockey despite being the youngest. What Hughes did this season (against older, faster, more physically developed players) was also unreal.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
and Hughes was one of the best players in college hockey despite being the youngest. What Hughes did this season (against older, faster, more physically developed players) was also unreal.
But it is not as much as 100 + games and travelling.
Notwithstanding that the Memorial Cup is the hardest Cup to win by all accounts.
As I wrote above, I watched hockey for 60 years and I have never seen a 17 YO play that well for over 100 games at over 30 minutes per game,

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

Is this Dobson’s burner account?

The group of four D are all too Close to separate one from the rest right now. It cokes down tonpersonal preference so discounted one over another is just your opinion.

For me, it goes :
Hughes
Boqvist
Bouchard
Dobson

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
They all seem like really good, normal kids to me. How you watch that and come away able to criticize their personality is a little odd.

I’m not sure if it’s because Jack is closest and Quinn the furthest from the camera, but Quinn looks significantly smaller than Jack, doesn’t he?

My #1 choice is Dobson, but I’d be elated to leave the draft with Hughes’ rights going to the Nucks.

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
First thing he says is he's accomplished nothing yet and you landed on this?

They all seem like really good, normal kids to me. How you watch that and come away able to criticize their personality is a little odd.

I heard/read this sentence at least five times from him now... stock response? And I am not criticizing THEIR personality. I just think Jack's body language isn't the best here.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Hughes was NO WHERE near one of the best NCAA players last season.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I think he's a real option at 3 for the Habs. LD is our top need after C, he's NHL ready, and we have the perfect guy for him to develop with in Weber.
That pairing would be intriguing, to say the least. Or did you just mean that Weber would be the perfect mentor for Hughes as a teammate on the Habs' defense?

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
I used Bobby Mac's consensus draft list of Hughes dropping from #6 to #9. His is the only compiled list I would trust if one wants to see how scouts opinions are trending. Close. FYI I have him ranked a lot higher if he drops to #10

Uncle Bob's list also has Tkachuk 3rd which is absolutely insane and reeks of CAN'T TEACH SIZE bias

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Just for entertainment:

My thoughts, too. To put it politely: he seems to fancy himself quite a bit...

I heard/read this sentence at least five times from him now... stock response? And I am not criticizing THEIR personality. I just think Jack's body language isn't the best here.
What's with the passive-aggressive commentary? If you've got specific criticisms of the kid's play, attitude, whatever, let's hear them - in the Jack Hughes thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad