LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
That Oil defence won't be a tirefire in 4-5 years; it'll likely be pretty good and young.
Hopefully McDavid and Drasaitl don't take their toys home in the meantime.

Gaudreau will probably enjoy his new contract with the Flyers because the Flames won't be able to re-sign him due to Lucic's deal. :laugh:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Congrats on displaying you dont have a clue how age difference works in the AHL.

Im not saying L'esperance is better than yamamato, I'm saying 10 goals In 27 games doesn't make yamamato an automatic 'A' level prospect.

Sami Niku had 54 pts in 76 gms as a 21 year old rookie DEFENSEman and won dman of the year in the AHL that year, and I'd still consider him a 'B' level prospect. Yamamato was only on pace for 50 pts in 76 games.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
As a Canucks fan I did quite a bit of research on him becuase of our spectulated interest in him. Not going to lie, did not want VAN to take a dman at 10 including Broberg. That said everyone needs to give this kid a chance. He has the toolbox, I think he can be a good player once he hits his stride. No point in continuously slagging on the kid until.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
crazy how people talk about a 17 year old kid while being a 40 year old fat **** stuck in a deadend job
I'm sure you've never said anything bad or judgmental about anyone unless you were decidedly in a better standing in life.

Reactions: Szechwan

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
crazy how people talk about a 17 year old kid while being a 40 year old fat **** stuck in a deadend job
I'm 27, 6'1 132 lbs and in a dead end job does your insult still apply?

On a more serious note I'm stoked to have Flip Broburger in EDM. Him, Bouchard, Klef, Larsson and Nurse is an absolute stud stable of young to youngish dmen to have. Now we just need to draft a forward and goalie with every pick in the next 2 drafts lol.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Will be interesting to see how he pans out.

I was warming up to the idea of the Canucks picking him at 10 but was ultimately relieved when he went to Edmonton. Just too big if a risky pick IMO, especially with the other forwards available at that spot (Zegras, Boldy, Podz, Krebs etc)

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Will be interesting to see how he pans out.

I was warming up to the idea of the Canucks picking him at 10 but was ultimately relieved when he went to Edmonton. Just too big if a risky pick IMO, especially with the other forwards available at that spot (Zegras, Boldy, Podz, Krebs etc)
Well imo Podkolzin was the riskiest pick of the draft so not sure how that went for you.

But I agree, big boom/bust for sure. Which is a big reason why I wanted Zegras.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

lawrence

May 19, 2012
As a Canucks fan I did quite a bit of research on him becuase of our spectulated interest in him. Not going to lie, did not want VAN to take a dman at 10 including Broberg. That said everyone needs to give this kid a chance. He has the toolbox, I think he can be a good player once he hits his stride. No point in continuously slagging on the kid until.

his stock shot up during the u18. I personally no longer buy into u20 or u18 performances whether they play good or bad because 6 games is not good enough sample size.

Well imo Podkolzin was the riskiest pick of the draft so not sure how that went for you.

But I agree, big boom/bust for sure. Which is a big reason why I wanted Zegras.

haha the cheap shot (but your player you drafted is the riskiest pick lame ass counter) Podkozin was a top 5 ranking pretty much throughout the year. I thank the Oilers and Detroit for drafting Moritz Seider as the canucks were able to draft the last good player in our tier.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
his stock shot up during the u18. I personally no longer buy into u20 or u18 performances whether they play good or bad because 6 games is not good enough sample size.

haha the cheap shot (but your player you drafted is the riskiest pick lame ass counter) Podkozin was a top 5 ranking pretty much throughout the year. I thank the Oilers and Detroit for drafting Moritz Seider as the canucks were able to draft the last good player in our tier.
You can check my post history if you want. I've been a Podklozin detractor for a long time...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

i dont know about that. Pod is certainly very risky. What I never understood was why Broberg's stock fell down way more tha Pod's, on these boards and consensus rankings, when both players utterly failed to impress in their non-U20/18s leagues after their dominant HGC performances. Broberg won D of the tourny of the U18s this june. Pod failed to put up points. Pod wasnt even able to go PPG in the freakin MHL. No way he was ever a top 5 prospect imo. The only time I was impressed with his play was at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. Every other time I watched him, he was not much of a factor definitely in terms of a potential top 5 pick.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
the risky part of drafting him was always due to him and his connections with Russia and not due to actual kill or talent or bust potential.
im talking NHL offensive translatable skills. There are some big doubts he will ever translate and produce in the NHL.
Imo he ends up as a 50-60 point type of guy if he pans out.

Reactions: 780il

lawrence

May 19, 2012
im talking NHL offensive translatable skills.

Yet Broberg might not even have NHL offensive translatable skills to play in the top pairing role himself.

the problem with this is that you can use this phrase or comment against any prospect.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yet Broberg might not even have NHL offensive translatable skills to play in the top pairing role himself.
Well Broberg is also risky but his skating ability alone will get him to the NHL, Well, unless his IQ is as bad as Nathan Beaulieu, another fantastic skater but who had one of the worst hockey IQs out there in the NHL. But then again hes an NHLer largely due to his skating ability.
Broberg has high end potential, certainly higher than Pod imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad