LD Owen Power - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2021 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I've conceded I was wrong about this year - and conceding being wrong is not something we see very often in HF.

Having said that, I strongly believe that if Power wants to ensure he is a go for next year (no matter where we stand with Covid), he needs to assert himself because I don't believe Michigan or the coach will put his interest above their own.

If Michigan is a higher a priority for Power than the WJR's, then the status quo will do just fine.

By his interest you mean your interest. He doesn't need to assert himself if he's doing what he wants to do.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
By his interest you mean your interest. He doesn't need to assert himself if he's doing what he wants to do.
But that's what I said...

"...if Power wants to ensure he is a go for next year <for the WJR's>..."

"If Michigan is a higher priority..."

Depending on what Power wants to do, he can act or not act, but I would not count on Michigan/the coach putting Power's interest above their own, because that's not the way life works.

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
But that's what I said...

"...if Power wants to ensure he is a go for next year <for the WJR's>..."

"If Michigan is a higher priority..."

Depending on what Power wants to do, he can act or not act, but I would not count on Michigan/the coach putting Power's interest above their own, because that's not the way life works.
Maybe YOUR life...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Maybe YOUR life...
If you think people get to positions of power (like head of a university or the head coach of an NCAA hockey team) by putting other people's interests ahead of their own, then you live in a better world than I do.

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
If you think people get to positions of authority (like head of a University or the head coach of an NCAA hockey team) by putting other people's interests ahead of their own, then you live in a better world than I do.
Shitting on your players is a good way to be unemployed real quick. You’re grabbing at straws Pal

Reactions: BondraTime

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So that's a no. .... Good answer.
This year is a done deal. He's not going to play at the WJR's and he (apparently) feels staying at Michigan is in his best interest.

If that's the case, it's his life/his choice and good for him.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't seen him play. How much does he actually use his size?

... Because I read 6' 5" 215 pounds and I'm over here drooling over the idea of small, skilled NHL forwards shitting their pants coming toward a Power-Seider pairing.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Makes his College debut today vs. Arizona State. On the second pair behind Cam York

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Tomorrow's (November 15th) game against ASU is slated to be on Big Ten Network for those who are interested.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We’ll see when they don’t do dick...good luck with Holland HAHA

I actually like the direction the team is heading in and some of Holland’s picks. He had a good offseason signing some pretty solid depth players.

Anyways, this is a Power thread not a McDavid thread. Good start to his NCAA career, he’s a massive kid I think he’s one and done. He’ll be in the NHL next year after he goes 1st overall.

You’re an NCAA guy, I watched the Wisconsin v Notre Dame game last night. Holloway looked really good last night, it’s too bad Holloway will be gone for the Team Canada camp as Wisconsin plays Michigan next weekend. Would of been a fun game to tune into to.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
I actually like the direction the team is heading in and some of Holland’s picks. He had a good offseason signing some pretty solid depth players.

Anyways, this is a Power thread not a McDavid thread. Good start to his NCAA career, he’s a massive kid I think he’s one and done. He’ll be in the NHL next year after he goes 1st overall.

You’re an NCAA guy, I watched the Wisconsin v Notre Dame game last night. Holloway looked really good last night, it’s too bad Holloway will be gone for the Team Canada camp as Wisconsin plays Michigan next weekend. Would of been a fun game to tune into to.
Go Blue

Reactions: Martinez

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Mel Pearson looking like a genius, like I knew he would.
Better move for his development, and draft stock.

-His zone exits were pretty good for his first game, wasnt trying to stretch with long neutral zone passes.
-forced like 4-5 uncontrolled entries which is crazy for his first game having that gap control
-some nice neutral pass break ups

soft hands on the york goal, just very decisive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad