LD Noah Hanifin - Boston College, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
If a player has not signed a letter of intent, they can not say anything about the player until he enrolls for classes.

Even when they sign letters of intent the schools don't usually don't release anything about their recruits.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
If a player has not signed a letter of intent, they can not say anything about the player until he enrolls for classes.

Even when they sign letters of intent the schools don't usually don't release anything about their recruits.

Maybe once he is officially accepted to BC they will confirm it. They can't confirm something that admissions hasn't approved. Just my guess.

Last edited:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
More drama over where Hanifin's gonna play next year.

Supposedly he's academically cleared (to accelerate and go to BC) for sure.

Power Play With CJ @powerplaywithCJ · 2h
Noah Hanifin will not be at Boston College next season. USNTDP is holding him to the two year agreement and won't let him out early

Power Play With CJ @powerplaywithCJ · 2h
A deal is a deal but still sucks for Hanifin. Wish there was a loophole for him to play next year, even as a 17 year old he'd be fine in HE

And then the BC Hockey account comes in:

BC Hockey Blog @bchockeyblog1 · 1h
Just talked w sources....that's not true. Staff still expect him this fall. That guy almost owed me a large sum of cash in car damages.

Both accounts have a couple relevant follow-up tweets in their replies. Gonna be a weird summer.

Once again, NTDP contracts are 1 year, there are no 2 year contracts. Hanifin at BC this fall.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hanifin is ready for college hockey. He's that good. He's the best NTDP d-man ever at this age. This will do wonders for him when he's a 1st pair d-man on the WJC team.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Ridiculous Hanifin not invited. Hope this motivates him to excel at NCAA level. Total snub by USA hockey.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Noah Hanifin was not invited to the August WJC Evaluation Camp. 2015 WHL'er Brandon Carlo from Tri-City was.

Haha, what!?!?!? I may never have seen him play, but when everyone I've heard from say he's an all-world defender I find it amazing the United States would pass him over.

Maybe they already have him pinned on the final roster for now and simply want to see others?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I will not be surprised to see him play well at BC and force them to take him. They can't ignore a talent like that.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Haha, what!?!?!? I may never have seen him play, but when everyone I've heard from say he's an all-world defender I find it amazing the United States would pass him over.

Maybe they already have him pinned on the final roster for now and simply want to see others?

No, this can't be it.

They have players on the list who were actually at the tournament last year (including Eichel).

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/page/show/1262687-2014-u-s-camp-roster

o/t - I'm a bit surprised that Anthony De Angelo isn't there. USA Hockey fed up with him maybe?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
No, this can't be it.

They have players on the list who were actually at the tournament last year (including Eichel).

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/page/show/1262687-2014-u-s-camp-roster

o/t - I'm a bit surprised that Anthony De Angelo isn't there. USA Hockey fed up with him maybe?

DeAngelo owns the lethal combination of creating a ton of drama before the age of 18 and having chosen the CHL route.

Maybe a message for collaborative bad blood with reports of wanting to leave NTDP? It most certainly has nothing to do with age as there are two other '15s and even one '16.

His late season surge with U18 was nothing short of phenomenal - including his play at the U18. He can handle this evaluation camp just as good as Carlo.

BJD

May 26, 2011
wont hanafin have trouble finding top minutes on BCs crowded blueline? who does he bump out of the top 4?

BJD

May 26, 2011
Whoever he wants. Hanifin is an artist on the ice. This is the #1 D cornerstone for the next 15 years for USA hockey.

that's great but I highly doubt he just goes in at 17 and bumps out players like Matheson, santini and mccoshen down the lineup.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
that's great but I highly doubt he just goes in at 17 and bumps out players like Matheson, santini and mccoshen down the lineup.

Why not? None of those guys are on Hanifins level. I think parts of Hanifin's game are already at an NHL level, not all aspects but some. I think Hanifin goes Top 3 in the 2015 draft and makes the jump as an 18 yr old.

BJD

May 26, 2011
Why not? None of those guys are on Hanifins level. I think parts of Hanifin's game are already at an NHL level, not all aspects but some. I think Hanifin goes Top 3 in the 2015 draft and makes the jump as an 18 yr old.

those guys I mentioned have parts of their game that are nhl ready as well

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Are you out of your mind ?

Hanafin is an unreal talent and has the CHANCE to be a very very good pro player.

He is NO WHERE near Santini or McCoshen defensively and not as good as Matheson right now.

In 3-5 years, he has a chance to be better than anyone invited to camp.

He's 17 and he's probably never going be better than Troubs/Jones

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Hanafin is an unreal talent and has the CHANCE to be a very very good pro player.

He is NO WHERE near Santini or McCoshen defensively and not as good as Matheson right now.

I got a ton of scouts that say differently. :rolleyes:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com

Hanifin's not going to undo what those guys have done at the NCAA level. He'll step in and get enough minutes and responsibility to justify leaving NTDP.

He's still rapidly improving, so attempts to project him right now may underscore his top end even though he is justifiably hyped high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad