LD Noah Hanifin - Boston College, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
what do you think about the impact of this player in the Q?

He has a TON of hype in USAH circles and has already signed a contract with the NTDP.

@chrismpeters: MA-born D Noah Hanifin committed to the NTDP U17 team for next season. One scout told me Hanifin was best D he's ever seen at NTDP tryouts.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So far there's no sign of him wanting to come over. That said, still plenty of time to make him change his mind.

Remparts also drafted goalie Calvin Booth who's thought of as having good potential. Also said to go the NCAA route.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Hanifin family has met with the Remparts. They're waiting for the announcement of the Remparts new HC/GM early next week before making their decision. Philippe Boucher is rumored to become the new HC/GM.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
My guess is he will jump to the U18 team pretty early in the season, if he shows well early. They could use a big guy with skill on the back end. He could still move to the Q in a year or two.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

As a Rempart fan, what can I expect from him if he plays in the Q next season? .I don't know this player at all.

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
I don't think these players will be coming to Qc city. They are heading towards very strong hockey structure who'll help them develop fully. Therefore, what does Qc offers more??? Not much!

Perfect example: Gillies!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
As a Rempart fan, what can I expect from him if he plays in the Q next season? .I don't know this player at all.

One NHL scout said he's the best defensemen he's seen at the NTDP tryouts since he's been going (which would mean he saw Jones, Trouba, Faulk, Fowler, Shattenkirk, etc.)

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

One NHL scout said he's the best defensemen he's seen at the NTDP tryouts since he's been going (which would mean he saw Jones, Trouba, Faulk, Fowler, Shattenkirk, etc.)

:eek: OK!!!!!!!!!!!!

A no. 1 Quaterback defenseman is what we needed last 2 years, gosh I hope he plays for us

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
Duclair had a strong commitment, Montreal and QC were the only places he would play and he wanted a deal that covered his BC.

The Q stepped in and limited the amount teams can offer for education packages to players. I believe it's $10K max now, before there was no limite. Teams can no longer compete against US college scholorships.

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
:eek: OK!!!!!!!!!!!!

A no. 1 Quaterback defenseman is what we needed last 2 years, gosh I hope he plays for us

Unfortunately, he won't be coming to Qc. He will be well surrounded with a very strong structure, nothing additional the Remparts can offer to convince him. Unless he's unhappy with the US program.....

I find those who left the NTDP and US colleges, are those who stumbled uppon problems and things didn't go their way. Hope this happens with him :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->