LD Miro Heiskanen (2017, 3rd, DAL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
It is a good idea, but there are very few teams (I can't actually think of any off the top of my head) who run with two dmen on the first PP unit. I wondered, for example, if San Jose would use two once Karlsson arrived, but they opted to keep Burns and Karlsson separate, for the most part.

However, once Spezza leaves, there really isn't a viable forward option to replace him, unless the Stars sign someone in Free Agency or acquire someone in a trade. With the roster the way it is now, minus Spezza, I can't imagine a better option besides Heiskanen to join the top unit.

EDIT: I just checked, and it looks like (at least lately) Nashville and San Jose have both been running with two dmen on the top PP unit. It doesn't entirely surprise me that Nashville is doing this, given all their injuries lately (especially to Forsberg). And I know San Jose didn't start off with Burns and Karlsson together on the top unit, but perhaps the change to the PP units partially explains why Karlsson's production has increased significantly lately, after a horrible start with San Jose.

Which 2 dmen are on nsh top unit?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team would need to completely rework the PP during the offeseason if they plan on using Heiskanen on the first unit with Klingberg. Spezza mostly plays as a facilitator and on the halfwall . Shore played a similar role last season ( since Hitch hated Spezza ) and was ok at it so the team could just use Devin Shore in Spezza place but its probably a good idea to rework how the Powerplay operates so Heiskanen can have a role.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
People keep worrying about his pp production. Who’s to say he doesn’t join Klingberg, Seguin, Benn and Radulov on pp1 next season? They wouldn’t need a pp2.

If we go in with a similar roster next season I’m all for loading up the first powerplay. Almost every Stars fan is hoping for big changes this offseason and we should have enough cap space to make big changes.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
9 shots, 2G, 1 GWG.. what a night for that kid.
As a Vancouver fan I was praying he'd somehow fall to us in that draft- this guy is going to win a Norris in his career. So smart.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
If we go in with a similar roster next season I’m all for loading up the first powerplay. Almost every Stars fan is hoping for big changes this offseason and we should have enough cap space to make big changes.

There are some good forwards set for unrestricted free agency...if Dallas can land any of them, then Heiskanen is likely out of luck. I'm talking about Skinner, Duchene, Stone, Pavelski, Panarin, Nyquist, Dzingel, Lee, Simmonds, etc.

I think most of those will re-sign with their current teams, though a few will be available.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
There are some good forwards set for unrestricted free agency...if Dallas can land any of them, then Heiskanen is likely out of luck. I'm talking about Skinner, Duchene, Stone, Pavelski, Panarin, Nyquist, Dzingel, Lee, Simmonds, etc.

I think most of those will re-sign with their current teams, though a few will be available.

Hopefully one of them will be a Dallas Star next year. Also lots of potential trade options. I’m okay with keeping Heiskanen of the first unit as with his shot and passing will help the second unit score a few goals.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
oVaxVr1.jpg

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Sure, by definition. Any 29 year old or 39 yr old etc will look at their past 19 year old selves as essentially a child.

He can’t eveb legally buy a drink to celebrate his impressive season.
He can in his home country. No need to downplay the laws of Finland. We consider him an adult.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
He can in his home country. No need to downplay the laws of Finland. We consider him an adult.
And in my country too. But he’s not there right now.

And in Canada too, by definition an 18 year old is an adult. However, it’s a strong bet that if you ask any man or woman who is however many years older to look back at their 18 year old selves, 99% percent would say that they were essentially still a child at that age.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
And in my country too. But he’s not there right now.

And in Canada too, by definition an 18 year old is an adult. However, it’s a strong bet that if you ask any man or woman who is however many years older to look back at their 18 year old selves, 99% percent would say that they were essentially still a child at that age.
I still feel like I was capable of being an adult at around 14-15. It is an irrelevant anecdote, but so is yours.

A person who can vote, get married and can be conscripted to the army is not a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad