LD Mirco Müller (2013, 18th, San Jose)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Really good young player. If he adds some offense in his game in the future he'll be dominant defenceman. Switzerland has started producing some high quality prospects for a while. It's matter of time when we see swiss superstar in this league.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Really good young player. If he adds some offense in his game in the future he'll be dominant defenceman. Switzerland has started producing some high quality prospects for a while. It's matter of time when we see swiss superstar in this league.

Kevin Fiala ?

Aug 3, 2010
Made Marian Gaborik look like Mason Raymond on that one play last night. He's a fine skater.

Mason Raymond had a hat trick last night so it's difficult to tell if this is a compliment or not. :sarcasm:

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
What is this kids upside and when should we see it? Is he a top 4 30 pt 2nd pp unit guy...or just a solid 2 way 20 point guy that plays solid d and plays pk only?

Not much offensive upside. I'd say 30 points max and a top 4 guy. Doubt he gets top 2, especially with vlasic, but he's tall enough and good enough at skating where if he developed his offensive game and got stronger, he could be a number two, just very unlikely

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sent to the AHL. Good move, probably should not have been in the NHL last year.

Yup. He should benefit hugely from big minutes in the AHL and he'll be the first call-up if a LHD goes down. But he's clearly not one of the best seven Sharks defensemen, which is a huge difference from last year already and a good sign for the Sharks.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Definitely a good move. He's a good skater but is way too nervous with the puck. Love his reach and how much he bulked up, but he needs to get even stronger.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He doesn't think the game at an NHL level yet, but he's been fine in the AHL.

No one on HFSharks likes him, but he's still on track to be an NHL defenseman. He definitely shouldn't have been in the NHL last year.

FazeLeaf*

He doesn't think the game at an NHL level yet, but he's been fine in the AHL.

No one on HFSharks likes him, but he's still on track to be an NHL defenseman. He definitely shouldn't have been in the NHL last year.

A sharks fan told me that he will likely be a career journeyman. Is that true?

Intent

Dec 30, 2015
San Jose
A sharks fan told me that he will likely be a career journeyman. Is that true?

Could be, but IMO that isn't what I'd bet on. We sapped every little bit of confidence that kid ever had by putting him in the show so early. Just scroll up and you will see people saying how impressed they are with his poise and calmness. Without that, no dman will amount to anything. There are signs that his AHL time is building that confidence back up, but as you would expect, that's a slow progression. He is a hard one to project atm, but i think he at worst ends up a mediocre #4 or #5. Too many NHL level tools not to be.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He is a hard one to project atm, but i think he at worst ends up a mediocre #4 or #5. Too many NHL level tools not to be.

I'm not commenting on Müller, specifically, but this gets said about so many players who end up worse than that.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Think Braydon Coburn. He's going to take a while for him to be a regular which is ok. By the time he and Roy are ready, there will be room.

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Liked this kid all along but this has been a perfect example of putting a player in a tough position to succeed. Should have taken the slow and steady development route, spending more time in junior and then the AHL before seeing much - if any - time at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad