LD Jack Rathbone - Harvard Univ., NCAA (2017, 95th, VAN)

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This kid just keeps putting up points. He will always be stuck behind Hughes on the PP so I can’t see him being able to put up solid points. Not many 2nd PP guys put up points. Nurse is the only one that comes to mind having a decent season as a PP2 guy but he also gets to play with mcdavid and drais a bit at even strength.

For a keeper league where you get a player for 7 years what is his projection for points in the nhl 2 or 3 years down the road?
Rathbone has a really high ceiling based on his skill/attributes, and a pretty good floor of at least a 6-7 D in the NHL. I don't think 30-35 points in 2-3 years would be an unreasonable expectation.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Can non-Canucks fans chime in with their thoughts of Rathbone?

He’s excelled well at each level and is ready to make the jump to the big this year. He’s got the attributes of the modern NHL dman.

While I don’t think he’ll be a Calder nominee, I do think he has a good season and potentially finishes top-10 in voting. Especially if Hughes is out for awhile unsigned, he likely gets PP time.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That was a hell of a draft for us. Once Gadjovich is through his quarantine, we will have had 5 guys play at least 1 game in the NHL already.

It was a very good draft if Rathbine keeps on his journey to join Hughes.

Kole Lind playing 7 meaningless games and Gadovich almost certainly not panning out leaves DiPietro who is still a project at this point.

The last "hell of a draft" the Canucks had is 2004 when they got a 409 game goalie (would have been more if not blocked by Lou), Edler and Hansen along with Mike Brown.

2014 had 5 guys that played NHL games but only Demko became a real player of significance.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Can non-Canucks fans chime in with their thoughts of Rathbone?

He’s excelled well at each level and is ready to make the jump to the big this year. He’s got the attributes of the modern NHL dman.

While I don’t think he’ll be a Calder nominee, I do think he has a good season and potentially finishes top-10 in voting. Especially if Hughes is out for awhile unsigned, he likely gets PP time.
I see Rathbone and Bouchard being somewhat identical prospects. Only difference is where they were drafted

Reactions: HockeyWooot

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I see Rathbone and Bouchard being somewhat identical prospects. Only difference is where they were drafted

Interesting take but you mean in terms of value as a player not in playing styles right?

If Rathbone turns out as valuable as Bouchard then that's a great outcome for the Canucks.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Interesting take but you mean in terms of value as a player not in playing styles right?

If Rathbone turns out as valuable as Bouchard then that's a great outcome for the Canucks.
Based on value and NHL readiness

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Based on value and NHL readiness

Okay but I really wonder how Rathbone would do in a full NHL season as he hasn't played very much relative to Bouchard since being drafted and by all accounts Bouchard was ready last year.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Okay but I really wonder how Rathbone would do in a full NHL season as he hasn't played very much relative to Bouchard since being drafted and by all accounts Bouchard was ready last year.
Bouchard would have been eaten alive if he played last season, he needed more time to mature and round his game

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bouchard would have been eaten alive if he played last season, he needed more time to mature and round his game

Well he did play 15 games last year and wasn't eaten alive and Rathbone played in 8 games, very hard to tell very much from such small samples.

I just think and know that as a Canuck fan alot of people around here downplay Bouchard because of the team that drafted him more than actual watching or looking at his skillset.

I think that both guys make their teams on the bottom pairing and we will see how they go from there.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well he did play 15 games last year and wasn't eaten alive and Rathbone played in 8 games, very hard to tell very much from such small samples.

I just think and know that as a Canuck fan alot of people around here downplay Bouchard because of the team that drafted him more than actual watching or looking at his skillset.

I think that both guys make their teams on the bottom pairing and we will see how they go from there.
Bouchard is going to be a fantastic player, Edmonton is finally learning not to rush their prospects and actually let them mature before makin the jump. It's a very limited sample size so far this pre-season but they look equally as good

Reactions: wetcoast

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I will yell at him "HEY BONER, is your stick made out of fiberglass or WOOOOD"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad