LD Jack Rathbone - Harvard Univ., NCAA (2017, 95th, VAN)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kid has crazy potential, his skating and smarts are so evident.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
E40DAAB4-9F02-404E-9FE6-A20D1C275F23.jpeg

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This kid is going to be interesting to watch. Deciding to play high school hockey in his draft year for personal reasons definitely dropped him a fair amount in the draft. Since day 1 at Harvard he did not project like a 4th rounder. If his first couple of AHL games are any indications, he could be a nice find for the Canucks. His skating is outstanding, is defensively sound, and plays a heavier game than his size would indicate. I don't expect to see him with the Canucks this season, only because of the quarantine rules, but he will make a big push out of camp for sure.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
It's encouraging to see him play this well in his first pro games. Really hope he can be a PK option for the Canucks down the road so it balances things out, seeing as Hughes likely won't PK, I'd rather not lean on the right side D to do all the heavy lifting. Even if he continues to light it up offensively, I'd leave him in Utica to further develop the defensive side of his game. The left side is looking quite promising with Hughes, Juolevi, and now Rathbone.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Rathbone got called up to the Canucks today, so we could see him in the lineup by the end of the month. Adding him and Kole Lind into mix down the stretch will give us a pretty good idea of what we have for next season. Outside of Hughes, Rathbone is our highest end D prospect since Tanev/Edler. Really excited to see how he does.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Reminds me of a Brian Campbell.
Hopefully much better tho

If the Canucks had called him up sooner he could play tonight but not the case. Hopefully by end of week if the Canucks are still playing he makes his nhl debut and slaps home a couple a goals

Man I love this player :yo:

Reactions: slumpy43

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

If the Canucks had called him up sooner he could play tonight but not the case. Hopefully by end of week if the Canucks are still playing he makes his nhl debut and slaps home a couple a goals

Campbell was a legit top pair D in his prime. Vancouver would make out great if Rathbone got close to that

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Campbell had over a thousand games and over 500 points. If Rathbone had a similar career I'm sure the guy and the fans would be over the moon

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
All eyes on the Bone tonight. NHL debut :yo:

Reactions: Love

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
His confidence is what really impresses me. He's just so solid and skilled and never looks unsure of any play he makes. I think he has very real strong #3 potential.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
I don't know where Rathbone will ultimately slot in the Vancouver lineup but I can say this, he should already be in the lineup. He's been solid defensively and has excellent hockey IQ, can really skate and has plenty of strength to already be playing in the NHL. It's not at all clear to me why he spent the partial season in the AHL when Vancouver was already out of the playoff race. He should have been in the lineup for the last month, at the very least.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Seems like they were both into in this video

Yeah but that poster cheerleads every Benning/Wisebrod decision, and since Brackett left he has to minimize the success that he brought to the Canucks in his time here

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
This kid just keeps putting up points. He will always be stuck behind Hughes on the PP so I can’t see him being able to put up solid points. Not many 2nd PP guys put up points. Nurse is the only one that comes to mind having a decent season as a PP2 guy but he also gets to play with mcdavid and drais a bit at even strength.

For a keeper league where you get a player for 7 years what is his projection for points in the nhl 2 or 3 years down the road?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad