LD Daniil Misyul (2019, 70th, NJD)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I didn't look this deep into it. I wonder if he'll push to get out of his contract and come over after this year. He still has two more years left.
You people are too funny. A guy who is given icetime in the best league not named NHL should be unhappy and want out? To do what? Play in a worse league?

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
You people are too funny. A guy who is given icetime in the best league not named NHL should be unhappy and want out? To do what? Play in a worse league?

Idk what you're looking at, but the picture showed he is clearly not getting ice time. Why not come over, probably get more meaningful minutes, and get used to the NA ice/style of play?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

Based on this, peace!

upload_2021-2-17_15-50-17.png

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Idk what you're looking at, but the picture showed he is clearly not getting ice time. Why not come over, probably get more meaningful minutes, and get used to the NA ice/style of play?
The picture showed that the guy who posted it is purposedly bending facts to fit his agenda. Selectively picking games when a player is getting less minutes is just dishonest argumentation. Go look up his TOI throughout the season. If he is getting less minutes lately, how about the coaching staff sees a reason for that?

Let alone the fact that Misyul is not getting 20 minutes per game because no one in the KHL does except for the established first pairing guys and even them not always. And for the rest of them an average of around 14 minutes is what a KHL defenceman gets. And Misyul was getting close to that or even more often enough during the season.

Minutes are always meaningful in a better league. AHL minutes are useless for a player playing in the KHL.

The so called NA style of play is what he doesn't need to learn as evidenced by so many success stories of Russians developing in Russia.

Playing limited minutes in the KHL is the best way of development for him right now and the stupid narrative in NA needs to stop for the sake of NHL teams so they don't butcher THEIR prospects' development. The stupid calls for a player to run off to NA because he is "not getting minutes". Instead he needs to work and learn and he will get his minutes.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hmmm, okay, so every player in the NHL who is (deservingly) getting less mintes by coach decision or is even benched should demand a trade and seek to violate his contract? If not, why is that okay for a KHL player?

That's pure naive attempt of blackmail. "Gimme minutes or else".

It worked perfectly for a former first round pick Rubtsov(NOT).

He is now 23 and useless in both leagues.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
The picture showed that the guy who posted it is purposedly bending facts to fit his agenda. Selectively picking games when a player is getting less minutes is just dishonest argumentation. Go look up his TOI throughout the season. If he is getting less minutes lately, how about the coaching staff sees a reason for that?

Wait, so which is it: is that poster cherrypicking games (as it happens, all of their recent ones...) to push an agenda, or is there an underlying reason for why said player is playing less minutes as you seem to imply? You can't have it both ways.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Wait, so which is it: is that poster cherrypicking games (as it happens, all of their recent ones...) to push an agenda, or is there an underlying reason for why said player is playing less minutes as you seem to imply? You can't have it both ways.
Of course you can. A player getting less minutes in just a few recent games(probably for a game related reason) does not mean a player is not getting minutes at all. How many guys at 20 get veteran minutes consistently?

The problem is people pretending they know the reasons and trying to lead others to believe those are the true reasons? Based on what? Their weird anti-Russia, anti-KHL narratives.

There actually is no controversy at all here. Just a 20 year old developing in the KHL. Those people stir the pot with their "assumptions" and attempts to even bind the case of one player to another. Again based on some weird anti-Russia narrative, because the bad, bad Russians in the KHL always do that, right? Right?:sarcasm:

Reactions: BMann

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Of course you can. A player getting less minutes in just a few recent games(probably for a game related reason) does not mean a player is not getting minutes at all. How many guys at 20 get veteran minutes consistently?

The problem is people pretending they know the reasons and trying to lead others to believe those are the true reasons? Based on what? Their weird anti-Russia, anti-KHL narratives.

There actually is no controversy at all here. Just a 20 year old developing in the KHL. Those people stir the pot with their "assumptions" and attempts to even bind the case of one player to another. Again based on some weird anti-Russia narrative, because the bad, bad Russians in the KHL always do that, right? Right?:sarcasm:
No, the difference is NJ has a vested interest in developing Misyul so even if he has a tough game in the AHL they will continue feeding him minutes. It is a development league. KHL, Lokomotiv especially, doesn't give a rats ass about Misyul, they care about winning.

So yea, i want him out of the KHL playing in the shittier AHL, you know like Okhotiuk who is close to being an NHLer.

Edit: My mistake, I mentioned SKA with Rykov on my mind but it obviously applies to Lokomotiv as well.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No, the difference is NJ has a vested interest in developing Misyul so even if he has a tough game in the AHL they will continue feeding him minutes. It is a development league. KHL, SKA especially, doesn't give a rats ass about Misyul, they care about winning.

So yea, i want him out of the KHL playing in the shittier AHL, you know like Okhotiuk who is close to being an NHLer.

To me, therein lies the rub. NJ has multiple LD prospects needing AHL ice time. Bahl, Okhotiuk, Vukojevic, and maybe Hellickson after the NCAA finishes. They all need minutes, not to mention the AHL vets that like it or not are going to also get minutes. If Misyul was a right handed defender, different story. If he percolates in the KHL for another season or two, it's probably fine. If he's getting limited ice time for a few games that might happen in the AHL if he played inconsistently at his age anyway. I'd probably rather see if Zaitsev wants to come over for a season first given his age. If Misyul shows up in two years only needing a month or so of AHL seasoning that's likely a great result for NJ.

Reactions: Flynn84

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't look this deep into it. I wonder if he'll push to get out of his contract and come over after this year. He still has two more years left.

Hmmm, okay, so every player in the NHL who is (deservingly) getting less mintes by coach decision or is even benched should demand a trade and seek to violate his contract? If not, why is that okay for a KHL player?

That's pure naive attempt of blackmail. "Gimme minutes or else".

It worked perfectly for a former first round pick Rubtsov(NOT).

He is now 23 and useless in both leagues.

No, the difference is NJ has a vested interest in developing Misyul so even if he has a tough game in the AHL they will continue feeding him minutes. It is a development league. KHL, SKA especially, doesn't give a rats ass about Misyul, they care about winning.

Here I will reply to our American/Canadian friends.

First of all, Misyul has nothing to do with SKA.

I recommend our friends in Canada & USA to watch ALL KHL games if they want to comment on the KHL or Russian players. Otherwise, their opinion has zero value.

Regarding the contracts. Why does anybody want from player to break his contract signed with the KHL club? We should want the players to honour their contracts, not to recommend them to break the deal. We can see how the NHL clubs are making pressure on players to break their KHL deals. That activity by the NHL clubs is illegal. They have no right to talk directly or indirectly to any player under contract in the KHL (& other Europe league).

If the NHL club wants a player from the KHL (Europe), the NHL club should officially offer his KHL/EU club a financial compensation for releasing the player. That compensation might be millions of dollars if both clubs agree on it. Is that such a huge problem for the wealthy NHL clubs to spend a few million on players they want to sign? I am sure that Lokomotiv would release Misyul if the NHL club paid five to ten million dollars. It is now up to the NHL club to come with such an offer.

@Atas2000 is very correct with the NHL. Our American/Canadian friends want the KHL players to break their deals in first opportunity (less ice time, benching etc). So, why not to demand the same attitude from the players under NHL contract. So, using an example, player X is benched, getting less ice time, sending to AHL or CHL, being in press-box etc. So, he should just tell his NHL club, fine guys, I am not happy with you, tomorrow I am going to the KHL/Europe and you (NHL) can not do anything to do with it. You (NHL) are obligated to release me without any problem and immediately. Just an honest question for our friends in NA - does it work like that in the NHL? If not, why do you want the KHL (Europe) to work in such way?

As said earlier, the NHL has one great opportunity - to pay million dollars to the KHL/Europe clubs for releasing the players. The question is why the NHL is not doing it!! Do they (NHL) fear anything?

Reactions: BMann

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Honest question as I don't watch KHL hockey and can only stat watch these guys, does he even project as an NHL level defender in the next couple years? If not, he's playing in one of the best leagues in the world and should develop/receive more ice team as he progresses. He seems like a prospect that will need some time anyway, why not just wait out the contract?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Here I will reply to our American/Canadian friends.

First of all, Misyul has nothing to do with SKA.

I recommend our friends in Canada & USA to watch ALL KHL games if they want to comment on the KHL or Russian players. Otherwise, their opinion has zero value.

Regarding the contracts. Why does anybody want from player to break his contract signed with the KHL club? We should want the players to honour their contracts, not to recommend them to break the deal. We can see how the NHL clubs are making pressure on players to break their KHL deals. That activity by the NHL clubs is illegal. They have no right to talk directly or indirectly to any player under contract in the KHL (& other Europe league).

If the NHL club wants a player from the KHL (Europe), the NHL club should officially offer his KHL/EU club a financial compensation for releasing the player. That compensation might be millions of dollars if both clubs agree on it. Is that such a huge problem for the wealthy NHL clubs to spend a few million on players they want to sign? I am sure that Lokomotiv would release Misyul if the NHL club paid five to ten million dollars. It is now up to the NHL club to come with such an offer.

@Atas2000 is very correct with the NHL. Our American/Canadian friends want the KHL players to break their deals in first opportunity (less ice time, benching etc). So, why not to demand the same attitude from the players under NHL contract. So, using an example, player X is benched, getting less ice time, sending to AHL or CHL, being in press-box etc. So, he should just tell his NHL club, fine guys, I am not happy with you, tomorrow I am going to the KHL/Europe and you (NHL) can not do anything to do with it. You (NHL) are obligated to release me without any problem and immediately. Just an honest question for our friends in NA - does it work like that in the NHL? If not, why do you want the KHL (Europe) to work in such way?

As said earlier, the NHL has one great opportunity - to pay million dollars to the KHL/Europe clubs for releasing the players. The question is why the NHL is not doing it!! Do they (NHL) fear anything?
My apologies, I meant Lokomotiv however SKA was stuck in my mind with Rykov's situation.

I don't want Miyul to do anything illegal, I would prefer he was in the control of NJ. Especially with Coach Dennehy under helm. I believe he would develop better in the AHL vice the KHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
My apologies, I meant Lokomotiv however SKA was stuck in my mind with Rykov's situation.
That is fine, SKA or Lokomotiv.

What is not fine is the attitude that a player should break his KHL contract while his KHL club getting no financial compensation from the NHL club! If your NHL club wants him so badly, why is not offering five to ten millions dollars, or whatever they agree on, to Lokomotiv? That would be fair & honest approach by the NHL club. But no, instead they are directly or indirectly contacting the player (not just Misyul) with a pressure on a player to break his KHL contract or not to sign a new contract in the KHL. While the NHL clubs have no legal or moral right to contact the player! All they can do is to contact the player´s KHL (European) club to negotiate a transfer fee. Only then, they can talk to the player.

We all know the stories of how the NHL GMs talking to European (Russian) players the fairytales like "we are waiting for you", "you will get a lot of ice time in the NHL, just sign with us." And reality? The player signs in the NHL and is sent to the AHL, getting a small portion of ice time.

Even Szemberg says there are too many Swedes (Szemberg is a Swede) who are skating on the AHL level instead of playing in Sweden. That Swedish hockey is not benefiting anything from it. He does not understand why the NHL club sign a player when the NHL club does not give him huge minutes on NHL level SINCE DAY ONE. There is absolutely no reason to sign a European player just to skate him in NA minors. If the NHL club does not need the player on NHL roster RIGHT NOW, let keep the player in Europe. Nothing wrong if a player moves to NA leagues at 23, 25, 27 years. It is even better for NHL clubs because the player is able to produce hugely on the NHL level since day one. For example Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Panarin, Kaprizov.

But to come back. That is not only about Misyul. It is about all players from Europe. Why are not NHL clubs ready to offer serious & fair financial compensation to the European clubs? It can not be any serious issue for the NHL club to pay a few million dollars per player. The NHL clubs are wealthy enough!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
That is fine, SKA or Lokomotiv.

What is not fine is the attitude that a player should break his KHL contract while his KHL club getting no financial compensation from the NHL club! If your NHL club wants him so badly, why is not offering five to ten millions dollars, or whatever they agree on, to Lokomotiv? That would be fair & honest approach by the NHL club. But no, instead they are directly or indirectly contacting the player (not just Misyul) with a pressure on a player to break his KHL contract or not to sign a new contract in the KHL. While the NHL clubs have no legal or moral right to contact the player! All they can do is to contact the player´s KHL (European) club to negotiate a transfer fee. Only then, they can talk to the player.

We all know the stories of how the NHL GMs talking to European (Russian) players the fairytales like "we are waiting for you", "you will get a lot of ice time in the NHL, just sign with us." And reality? The player signs in the NHL and is sent to the AHL, getting a small portion of ice time.

Even Szemberg says there are too many Swedes (Szemberg is a Swede) who are skating on the AHL level instead of playing in Sweden. That Swedish hockey is not benefiting anything from it. He does not understand why the NHL club sign a player when the NHL club does not give him huge minutes on NHL level SINCE DAY ONE. There is absolutely no reason to sign a European player just to skate him in NA minors. If the NHL club does not need the player on NHL roster RIGHT NOW, let keep the player in Europe. Nothing wrong is a player moves to NA leagues at 23, 25, 27 years. It is even better for NHL clubs because the player is able to produce hugely on the NHL level since day one. For example Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Panarin, Kaprizov.

But to come back. That is not only about Misyul. It is about all players from Europe. Why are not NHL clubs ready to offer serious & fair financial compensation to the European clubs? It can not be any serious issue for the NHL club to pay a few million dollars per player. The NHL clubs are wealthy enough!
I was in the process of editing my message to include the following:
"I don't want Miyul to do anything illegal, I would prefer he was in the control of NJ. Especially with Coach Dennehy under helm. I believe he would develop better in the AHL vice the KHL"

Breaking a contract is bush league and in no way do I want Misyul to do it. I would have preferred him not to extend with Lokomotiv last spring but it is what it is. NJ has an abundance of prospect depth at defense, the extension likely hurt Misyul's NHL chances with NJ. Not only is the organization shaping the likes of Walsh, Okihotiuk, Vukojevic and Bahl but they become harder to pass on the depth charts. In the end we are at opposite ends of the spectrum. You don't give a rats ass about NJ (nor do I blame you) and I don't care about Lokomotiv. We selfishly want the best for our organization.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Another Russian prospect signs an ELC. Misyul is a solid by KHL standarts defensive defenseman, good size, has already played more than 200 KHL games (regular + playoffs). So I think there is a chance he'll start the season as a 6th-7th defenseman on Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad