LD Cam York - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2019, 14th, PHI)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Lots of talk about the Michigan kids for obvious reasons but you don't hear lots about York. Is he just sort of getting lost in the shuffle? How's his development coming?

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Lots of talk about the Michigan kids for obvious reasons but you don't hear lots about York. Is he just sort of getting lost in the shuffle? How's his development coming?

Michigan’s number 1 Dman, playing all situations and progressing nicely in all areas. Needs to get a bit stronger and a bit quicker in terms on straight line speed but he has been very good this year. Well on his way to becoming that number 3-4 D a lot of people project.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
The Provorov/York 1-2 on the left side should treat Flyers fans well for several years.

At times I've been hesitant whether York can develop into a bonafide top pairing guy, but if he's anchoring your second pairing I think you're blueline should be in very good shape.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Looked to me like he simmered really well in the AHL. I've caught a few AHL games and sped watched yesterday's...I would think he should fit in comfortably in Flyers' top 4. But I don't know the team well enough to know the roster/contract constraints. Better than Yandle to my eyes.

Should be able to QB a powerplay in the next 24 months

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looked to me like he simmered really well in the AHL. I've caught a few AHL games and sped watched yesterday's...I would think he should fit in comfortably in Flyers' top 4. But I don't know the team well enough to know the roster/contract constraints. Better than Yandle to my eyes.

Should be able to QB a powerplay in the next 24 months

A traffic cone being pushed around by a drunken seal is better than Yandle these days, but yeah, York would be a huge improvement, if only we could convince Fletcher/Yeo to sit Yandle rather than force the team to suffer for the sake of his iron man streak.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Those that watch the phantoms think zamula has the highest offensive/defensive ceiling ?
York has the higher ceiling. especially on offense. You can see York being a pp qb in the future.
Zamula seems to make the safer plays at time and you could make the case more ready to fill a bottom pairing role.
With Provorov out in covid land, it makes sense York would get top 4 playing time and use him.

Either player should be playing over Yandle as Yandle gets more burnt that Izel "toast" Jenkins did for the eagles back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad