LD Arber Xhekaj - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2019 Undrafted Signed by Habs 3 y ELC)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Good... It's actually nice to see a player that actually wants to battle and play hard. I know hitting and playing aggressive is unheard of now but it's a breath of fresh air to see someone still do it.

I've heard nothing but unreal things about this guy the past few days everywhere
Great player when he is on the ice I agree - excellent defender.
But he will take stupid penalty’s, that hurt his team and without a doubt will be suspended a lot if he makes the NHL.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He just owned the baby Sens. He changed game by putting the fear into the Sens toddlers and they folded like a cheap tent. Gotta love AX when he's on your team! Don't mind him taking penalties when he's crushing players and intimidating / demoralizing them.

Reactions: viceroy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good... It's actually nice to see a player that actually wants to battle and play hard. I know hitting and playing aggressive is unheard of now but it's a breath of fresh air to see someone still do it.

I've heard nothing but unreal things about this guy the past few days everywhere

That guy isn't exaggerating, Xhekaj is a notorious head hunter and dirty player. The league doesn't need that by any means. If Hamilton wasn't such a stacked team he singlehandedly wouldve killed their championship run

He's good enough without the dirty play, like a defensive version of Tom Wilson. Needs to clean his act up. Can't believe he's continuing this stuff into his pro career

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Great player when he is on the ice I agree - excellent defender.
But he will take stupid penalty’s, that hurt his team and without a doubt will be suspended a lot if he makes the NHL.
He will learn quickly what he can and can't do at the NHL level... All it will take is one or two bad penalties and feel he let his team down and he will tone it down... He will always play aggressively but he will just have to learn what he can/can't do

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He's a unicorn. An absolute beast in full control through his violent Generalship.

Thank god there will still be players like him in the NHL going forward.

Reactions: viceroy and EXTRAS

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Did he get any penalties on any of those plays? More and more the refs are handing out penalties on clean hits just because of injury. I wonder if his playstyle might be stunted by that.

As a Scott Stevens fan he definitely is fun to watch though.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Psst.. I think there have been multiple times in the past that a Sens player has hurt the habs fans feelings.

I don't think this is a good road to walk down but you do you.;)
Sens got AX'd. What goes around comes around and it CAME around. lol

Interestingly, AX has a legitimate shot at an NHL career. He can play D, he can skate and he can close players off. He will learn when to make his mark on a game and when its best to lay low. He's young.

And he hurt Sens fans feelings.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Sens got AX'd. What goes around comes around and it CAME around. lol

Interestingly, AX has a legitimate shot at an NHL career. He can play D, he can skate and he can close players off. He will learn when to make his mark on a game and when its best to lay low. He's young.

And he hurt Sens fans feelings.
To be fair, every fan bases feelings would be hurt if he did what he did today to their teams... So it's no disrespect to Sens fans

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To be fair, every fan bases feelings would be hurt if he did what he did today to their teams... So it's no disrespect to Sens fans
If he was a Sen doing that to the Habs, i would be livid. But its often the other way around for the Habs. The case with AX is that he's a goon that can actually play the game. His improvement over the past 2 seasons is remarkable.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I don’t care what he did today - he is the dirtiest player to come into the league in a long time.

He head hunts - it’s legitimately predatory - players like him shouldn’t be allowed to play in the NHL.
Can you avyually find at least 3 blatant dirty hit from him?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

Disgusting… Vile... Predatory.

Not only that - he dives like he is going to win the gold medal.

You’re waging quite the campaign against the kid and it’s based on what? A slewfoot a year ago?

I’ve watched him probably 100 times and he is mean and sometimes overly aggressive but to paint him as a predatory head hunter is just not fair. Show me these vicious, predatory plays then. One slewfoot does not make a case. And today’s hits were not it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Don't know. I could be wrong but from what I've seen I'd say he's just immature and dumb, not necessarily dirty. He just has to grow up. Keeps on saying how he wants to change but I haven't seen it yet.

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He is vile, violent, mean, a legit heavy weight fighter but also a very good player. He will play in the NHL and be hated by all other team fanbase for a very long time.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I don’t care what he did today - he is the dirtiest player to come into the league in a long time.

He head hunts - it’s legitimately predatory - players like him shouldn’t be allowed to play in the NHL.
Lol what are you talking about ?!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad