Post-Game Talk: Lazy.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I went to Oil King games a lot as a kid as lived about a 10 minute walk from the Gardens. $.25C when we paid but lots of times we got in for free because we knew half the staff working at the games. I remember listening to every minute of that series and particularly the first game where Lafleur just destroyed the Oil Kings. I was a huge Habs fan as a kid so I was thrilled when they got Lafleur.

My dad grew me up to be a Habs fan as well. Back in the day it was Anybody but leafs. We were ahead of our time..;)

Its funny that the Leafs were very loved at that time and I despised them with a passion. But they settled into decades of oblivion which is nice.

I started going to some Oil Kings games in the Billy Moores era. But not many back then. Most of my games were in the seventies.

I got to meet Larry Hendricks years later which was neat. He's a teacher. He was in a bad vehicle accident just past Junior, and it totalled his hockey career.

Heres someting on the Quebec Remparts Memorial cup. Interesting reading. heh, they took their hockey seriously in Quebec.

1971 – Quebec Remparts – Team of the Century

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
>Really I'm hard pressed to think of the last Oilers forward prospect outside of high picks that really amounted to much over the last 3 decades.

Jordan Eberle?

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
I don't really see how Benson would even fit here. Even Gagner inserted is probably far more prolific depth production option at this level.

Benson in his rookie season is putting up a better ppg in the AHL than Gagner did this year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad