Lays NHL affiliated Prospect Ranking

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Zadina is not on Chytil’s level. He’s only 2 months younger and he didn’t have an impressive season aside from WJC where he was slightly carried by Necas. Tkachuk is like 2 weeks younger than Chytil as well. You can make arguments for guys like Necas over Chytil but certainly not the guys you listed

Ok, well I guess we will just agree to disagree then. Completely disagree with your take on Zadina, and I definitely would not trade Zadina for Chytil.

The rest of your list is pretty solid - I'm also a big fan of Miller, Borgstrom, and Dobson.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Zadina is not on Chytil’s level. He’s only 2 months younger and he didn’t have an impressive season aside from WJC where he was slightly carried by Necas. Tkachuk is like 2 weeks younger than Chytil as well. You can make arguments for guys like Necas/Kaprizov over Chytil but certainly not the guys you listed

uhh... what?

44 goals in 57 games in his first season on North American ice? Did Necas slightly carry him in the Q also?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
uhh... what?

44 goals in 57 games in his first season on North American ice? Did Necas slightly carry him in the Q also?
FZadina0317.gif

FZadina0317pt2.gif

Everyone knows this guy can't create on his own and has to be carried by others... :sarcasm:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
uhh... what?

He was slightly carried in the WJC which led him to blow up in the rankings. His WJC performance is overrated. This is coming from Zadina’s ex-#1 fan. I’ve said it numerous times if you want to go see but his season disappointed me. Before the season I even said he should be getting top 3 consideration if you want to scroll back through my posts that far

And to the poster above, he can create his own chances, never said that he couldn’t. You’re overreacting to what I said. He had an overrated WJC is all I said

Last edited:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
You clearly value NHL readiness pretty highly right? Only way I can make sense of a few of these picks.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
interesting list. i would like to see some of your thoughts if you dont mind getting into some of it. is this how you feel of each players potential and as players themselves or their likelihood of how they will perform in the opportunity they are currently in?

i think chytil can be underrated but wasnt sure he compared well to other skilled forwards in the top 10. can you elaborate a bit on why you have him among the top forwards? or is it simply taste and the fact most prospects are still just that and can turn out to be anything at this point?

also i felt guys like adam fox, juuso valimaki and henri jokiharju generally deserve a higher spot. i think jokiharju and valimaki can be no.1 or 2 dmen with good offensive ability and smart reliable decisions (very high IQ) at both ends. fox i figure is more of a pure offense guy but reliable enough and likely bet for top 4 with no.2 no.3 potential and top PP. can you expand some of your thoughts on those guys?

morgan frost ahead of a couple guys like robert thomas and jordan kyrou. again theyre still prospects so could land anywhere but what do you think already stands out so much about frost to be ahead of (what i feel are) high end cant miss guys like thomas and kyrou? im hopeful on frost also but think another year would be needed to rate him in thay spot and for now id swap ranks between him and kyrou (around there).

vitali abramov. i think hes got top 20 skill in this list and could come out equal to some of the top 10 fwds here. you have him near the end of the 100. thoughts? not as high on his skill or is it a size factor or something else?

nick suzuki. same kind of thoughts ad questions with abramov. maybe i over rate suzuki? i feel hes up there in the top 20 eith guys like vilardi borgstrom and thomas.

for potential calder candidates (or just decent rookies on the brink of good futures) in the next season or 2 but not in the spotlight i see guys like sikura (who you werent shy on rating well), donato, niku, aho (who you left off the list), rasmus andersson. do you not think much of aho at the nhl level? how good is andersson? is his offensive game as good as his stats show? is he just more of a 2way guy at higher levels? also how would you describe sikura at pro levels? niku seems like he has big time potential on the offensive. do you think he can be confident and break out as a consistent offensive threat at the nhl level? i feel niku and aho both have this potential. i think donato is ready to be a consistent top 6 threat and break out in the next couple years if not with a solid 50+pt rookie campaign this year.

sorry for the long post, but if youre up to the task, i would love to see your thoughts.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Joey Anderson should be on any top 50 list. His production in his freshman year than Brady Tkatchuk did in his when they didn't have much of an age difference.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks for making this list Lays! I love seeing people's opinions on this site and how lists can vary so much.

Having Ty Smith ahead of Kotkaniemi, Kravtsov and Boqvist seems very bold to me, and one ranking I don't think I've seen mentioned. Are you just really high on Smith, or low on the other three? Or some kind of combination of both? I do think Kotka, Krav and Boq are all ranked a bit low on your list.

Reading your reasoning for why the likes of Chytil are ranked so highly is certainly thought-provoking as well, and I'm looking forward to comparing this to how things fare in the upcoming seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad