Lays NHL affiliated Prospect Ranking

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I still don’t understand how people can continue to make this comment. Kaprizov just turned 21, and he’s very much a prospect.

He plays in a professional league. Mcdavid just turned 21 this year is he still a prospect?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He plays in a professional league. Mcdavid just turned 21 this year is he still a prospect?
The KHL is very much still a developmental league, just at a higher level than that of the CHL. If teams were playing to win, they wouldn’t be playing younger players in higher roles than their more established and better players. Same goes for SHL and Liiga. Also, comparing the NHL to KHL is laughable.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
The fact that you can even name 100 prospects is impressive enough for me.

Still feel like we should wait a year before ranking prospects who were just drafted because we really dont know enough about their development or NHL potential.

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
Since everyone’s posting theirs and I don’t exactly agree with it+boredom, here’s mine.
Who's #51 and #52?
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Elias Pettersson
4. Miro Heiskanen
5. Quintin Hughes
6. Casey Mittelstadt
7. Filip Chytil
8. Martin Necas
9. Oliver Wahlstrom
10. Noah Dobson
11. Kirill Kaprizov
12. Cale Makar
13. Gabe Vilardi
14. Kristian Vesalainen
15. Morgan Frost
16. Cody Glass
17. Robert Thomas
18. Brady Tkachuk
19. Dylan Strome
20. Filip Zadina
21. Henrik Borgstrom
22. Eeli Tolvanen
23. Ty Smith
24. Jesperi Kotkaniemi
25. Ryan Donato
26. Joel Farabee
27. Vitali Kravtsov
28. Adam Boqvist
29. Jordan Kyrou
30. Michael Rasmussen
31. Erik Brannstrom
32. Lias Andersson
33. Timothy Liljegren
34. Drake Batherson
35. Dylan Sikura
36. Evan Bouchard
37. K’Andre Miller
38. Bode Wilde
39. Sam Steel
40. Sami Niku
41. Rasmus Andersson
42. Cal Foote
43. Olli Juolevi
44. Barret Hayton
45. Connor Timmins
46. Nick Suzuki
47. Neal Pionk
48. Jonny Tychonick
49. Adam Fox
50. Juuso Valimaki
53. Kailer Yamamoto
54. Kale Clague
55. Kieffer Bellows
56. Rasmus Kupari
57. Philippe Myers
58. Jonatan Berggren
59. Jacob Larsson
60. Jonathan Dahlen
61. Jay O’Brien
62. Logan Brown
63. Jason Robertson
64. Filip Hronek
65. Klim Kostin
66. Troy Terry
67. Dominik Bokk
68. Nic Hague
69. Nikita Scherbak
70. Urho Vaakanainen
71. Isac Lundestrom
72. Jarret Anderson-Dolan
73. Henri Jokiharju
74. Owen Tippett
75. Daniel Sprong
76. Adam Gaudette
77. Alex Nylander
78. Dante Fabbro
79. Colin White
80. Aleksi Heponiemi
81. Alexander Alexeyev
82. Kirill Marchenko
83. Ryan Poehling
84. Nick Merkley
85. Oskar Lindblom
86. Andreas Johnsson
87. Jake Bean
88. Michael McLeod
89. Taylor Raddysh
90. Vitaly Abramov
91. Matej Pekar
92. Joe Veleno
93. Jordan Greenway
94. Martin Kaut
95. Shane Bowers
96. Victor Mete
97. Boris Katchouk
98. Brett Howden
99. Dylan Samberg
100. Kole Lind

I’m probably missing a few prospects.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wow! That’s a lot of watching. Kudos.
It’s always good to hear from someone who has watched these guys. I appreciate all the effort you put into this.
Thanks. It was my senior year of high school so all I did was just watch the shit out of any 2018 eligible or party. Now that I’m going to college I’m afraid I won’t have enough time to properly evaluate the coming years drafts

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Out of curiosity, what do you dislike enough about Zadina to drop him to #20?

Also, what do you like about Rasmussen enough to have him at #30?

Can't say I agree with either, (Though Rasmussen may be one of the more unjustly bashed prospects on HFBoards) but it's always good to hear people's opinions.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The KHL is very much still a developmental league, just at a higher level than that of the CHL. If teams were playing to win, they wouldn’t be playing younger players in higher roles than their more established and better players. Same goes for SHL and Liiga. Also, comparing the NHL to KHL is laughable.

The KHL is certainly higher than the CHL. A serious step down from the NHL, however very far from a development league

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Good list. I would like to know why a guy like Poehling, who just had a solid D+1 season, is ranked behind guys like Lundesrom and O'Brien.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Out of curiosity, what do you dislike enough about Zadina to drop him to #20?

Also, what do you like about Rasmussen enough to have him at #30?

Can't say I agree with either, (Though Rasmussen may be one of the more unjustly bashed prospects on HFBoards) but it's always good to hear people's opinions.
Honestly, Zadina used to be my favorite 2018 eligible. I’ve said even before the season that he could contend for #2 in the draft (this is when he was usually ranked 5-10.) he had a disappointing year and I fell on him a lot
Rasmussen had a great year and his preseason really impressed me. His 2 way play is very good along with his offensive instincts and goal scoring ability. His year opened my eyes on him. I used to bash him quite a bit before the 2017 draft. I’m going to follow him closely next year as well, intriguing prospect

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Good list. I would like to know why a guy like Poehling, who just had a solid D+1 season, is ranked behind guys like Lundesrom and O'Brien.
Never been a fan of Poehling is all. I think I’ve been a bit too hard on him but I just see him as meh. O’Brien I’m huge on, had him ranked 20. For Lundestrom-I just like him more is all

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I didn’t say it was a similar level to the CHL; read my post again. You still haven’t explained why it’s not a development league.

Because teams main intention is to be competitive and win not develop players to go and play overseas. Actually they encourage players to stay and even over pay to try and be competitive with the NHL one day. Think of Radulov or Kovalchuk or even Kaprizov. They don’t do things with the intention to one day make them successful NHLers like the AHL or CHL

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Because teams main intention is to be competitive and win not develop players to go and play overseas. Actually they encourage players to stay and even over pay to try and be competitive with the NHL one day. Think of Radulov or Kovalchuk or even Kaprizov. They don’t do things with the intention to one day make them successful NHLers like the AHL or CHL
Right... so CHL teams’ main goal isn’t to be competitive or try to win? :laugh:. They also play the best players they can to try to win, and they also try to keep their players in the CHL.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Tolvanen is way too low. I get that you probably didn't watch a lot of him in KHL but if you had, you'd know what I'm saying. Come next year and NA'n fans will know why he was signed with an entry level contract equal to top 3 pick. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as one of the Calder finalists next year. Wingers with high hockey IQ and who can shoot/score goals are just precious. Well done with the list otherwise and I can agree that ranking 100 kids is no easy task.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Chytil at 7 really sticks out like a sore thumb. But I guess everyone is allowed to show some bias. He's about 10-15 sports too high.

I also think Kaut and Bowers for the Avs are far too low and Timmins is too high though other Avs fans will disagree. Bowers is the one who should be top 50 while Timmins and Kaut should be around 75.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chytil at 7 really sticks out like a sore thumb. But I guess everyone is allowed to show some bias. He's about 10-15 sports too high.

I also think Kaut and Bowers for the Avs are far too low and Timmins is too high though other Avs fans will disagree. Bowers is the one who should be top 50 while Timmins and Kaut should be around 75.
Disagree with everything you said. Again, no bias here, check my post on the first page about that
These are all my own opinion

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The only thing that I don't like is Bode Wilde at 38. I wouldn't have him in my top-100.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad