Player Discussion Lawrence Pilut

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
But he can also be paid in another NHL team, I'm sure there are teams in which the depth of the left side is not as good as ours.

He likely has more intrinsic value as a depth piece that might step up here than he does as some sort of future considerations trade to another team. He likely isn't going to hold that much value elsewhere at this time which makes bringing him back over about Buffalo's depth.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He likely has more intrinsic value as a depth piece that might step up here than he does as some sort of future considerations trade to another team. He likely isn't going to hold that much value elsewhere at this time which makes bringing him back over about Buffalo's depth.
Other teams can at least try to play him in the third pair, but Buffalo cannot. I don't mind if Pilut was in Rochester, but it would be easier for him to request a deal to try his luck with another NHL team.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
The paperwork must've been legit! :biglaugh:

So now they have a slew of guys to fight it out for the 7-10 recall spots and they are almost all cut from the same PMD cloth.

Depth depth depth all the depth.

2005-6 me is still paranoid lol. At any rate I have way more faith in current leadership to let him play and develop than previous incarnations.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The paperwork must've been legit! :biglaugh:

So now they have a slew of guys to fight it out for the 7-10 recall spots and they are almost all cut from the same PMD cloth.

5-6 Lyubushkin/ Bryson
7 Pilut
8 Fitz
9 ? (would like Johnson not happening imo)
10 ?

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I like Pilut better than Fitz for #7 defenseman. Fitz had some pretty rough games for the Sabres at the end of last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pilut and Fitz offer different tools. The question becomes, does playing more in game situations do something to get more out of Fitz at this point or does he get the pressbox spot as the 7? I suspect they will rotate guys through that spot over the course of the year. Pilut isn't a stout defender and Fitz is more aggressive at the NHL level but also... not a strong defensive player IMO. Both have some issues in front of their net or under pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad