Player Discussion Lawrence Pilut

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any chance he returns this coming season. If so, is there realistically any room for him?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Any chance he returns this coming season. If so, is there realistically any room for him?

they would wait till after ED since he is property that could get picked in the ED

he’s under contract in KHL for next season IIRC but I dont know the rules on exiting the contract.

He can come over and play on Buffalo next year.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
cant comment on his khl season, but on paper he seems to had a good season. only saw him play in one eht tournament with team sweden and he was by far our best d in that tournament.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If we trade Risto and protect Borgen, Seattle could theoretically select Pilut right? May be preferable to taking one of the bottom forwards.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If we trade Risto and protect Borgen, Seattle could theoretically select Pilut right? May be preferable to taking one of the bottom forwards.

Doubtful selecting a guy who has a contract that runs in the khl until he is close to 27 makes sense for them.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Doubtful selecting a guy who has a contract that runs in the khl until he is close to 27 makes sense for them.

If Seattle wanted him in the starting 6 I'm sure Pilut would entertain getting out of his KHL contract. The reason he went in the first place is because he wasn't getting NHL time.

I still don't see the Kraken doing it, but it's at least a reasonable possibility.

Reactions: elchud

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Having too many is better than not having enough. We've seen for years what not enough is like, in many areas.
I would agree, but he left because he didn't want to sign a 2-way deal. He would have been good depth back then if he was willing to play in Rochester another season.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Traktor Cheylabinsk won their opening series and advances. I wonder if there would be any thought on his side to get out of his extension. I also wonder if there is any thought from the Sabres to bringing him back after Botts fumbled him away.

I wouldn't hate that

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Traktor Cheylabinsk won their opening series and advances. I wonder if there would be any thought on his side to get out of his extension. I also wonder if there is any thought from the Sabres to bringing him back after Botts fumbled him away.

giphy.gif

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Do you take issue with trying to find talent?

Pilut was fine...but he (and his agent) likely know he isn't going to get top 4 TOI with Power and Dahlin on the team. I'd be shocked if he is going to want to come back to the NHL with us, though the instability in the KHL may change that.

I'm curious if he has any trade value, however.

Reactions: Jacob582 and Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pilut was fine...but he (and his agent) likely know he isn't going to get top 4 TOI with Power and Dahlin on the team. I'd be shocked if he is going to want to come back to the NHL with us, though the instability in the KHL may change that.

I'm curious if he has any trade value, however.

It wasn't about getting top 4 ice time. It was about getting a 1-way contract. Botts f***ed up and tried to force a 2-way deal.

He's on par with or perhaps better than Davidson and Schuldt.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Unfortunately, there is simply no place for him, maybe trade rights to him in some deal as a sweetener, but it is unlikely that its value will be high.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Unfortunately, there is simply no place for him, maybe trade rights to him in some deal as a sweetener, but it is unlikely that its value will be high.

As I said, he's in the same vein as Davidson and Schuldt and he's about to be paid pocket lint. No harm in exploring finding a possible 7/8 option whose rights they already hold.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
As I said, he's in the same vein as Davidson and Schuldt and he's about to be paid pocket lint. No harm in exploring finding a possible 7/8 option whose rights they already hold.
Yes, but would he agree to such a role? Our left side is really crowded.

Reactions: Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Possibly that he's interested in getting paid to play vs. whatever the ruble will be worth in the near future.
But he can also be paid in another NHL team, I'm sure there are teams in which the depth of the left side is not as good as ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad